The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter42O

Just watched it. They all make a good pitch and sell but I see nothing more than a remaster as opposed to actual remaking certain aspects. Was really hoping to replay this with the combat and gameplay of Part 2. Oh well.

24 Jun 2022
Kind of feels like at least like somewhat of a missed opportunity in ways. Seemingly (gotta stress this, for reasons mentioned below) 1:1 gameplay and mechanics but with prettier visuals for a game that already looked very pretty, even for today.

You can clearly see the fidelity improvement, mind, but taking a page from Capcom or Square-Enix in terms of adding new content or twists to the original formula (remember Lisa and the Crimson Heads from RE Remake?) would've gone a long way. Still tho probably the optimal way for people on PC to play the game, since it'll be the first time it's ever been on the platform.

Having said that, listening through the vid it's sounding like they really have made some improvements to the A.I and the sophistication of enemy intelligence. And it kinda sounds like the physics for environmental objects and whatnot have been updated too? I would say those are big improvements, but they're very subtle in terms of stuff that immediately jumps out, and you can't so much convey it in just gameplay footage. Kinda stuff the player needs to experience themselves to feel the improvements & differences TBH.

Given the game's so dependent on the gunplay and cover systems, if most of the changes are in systems related to those (especially if it's stuff like physics), maybe a playable demo could really sell those type of improvements for people who were maybe expecting bigger changes like FF VII or RE1/2 remakes.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I’m back in

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I’m ready for a replay

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The game looks amazing. I’m not buying or playing at launch because I have a lot in my plate but I’ll surely do a back to back play through of part 1 and 2 down the road.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
Feels kinda weird to say they used the cutscene models in real time when that's exactly what they did with the remastered version on PS4.

Look, I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm okay with 70 dollar games from Sony but they're REALLY trying people and Ghost of Tsushima and that shit they pulled with Horizon should've been a sign. I could see 40-50 bucks but 70 dollars is really pushing it and that dislike ratio is agreeing with me.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
It's still a cash grab trash, they couldn't show us much of the mechanics because they know they're outdated from the 1st one, the remake is a mishmash of TLOU 1 + 2, very underwhelming.

They should offer it for $40 or $30 if you already own TLOU 2 or TLOU Remastered at least, seeing they're very adamant on the $70 bill, it won't sell well...

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
It's still a cash grab trash, they couldn't show us much of the mechanics because they know they're outdated from the 1st one, the remake is a mishmash of TLOU 1 + 2, very underwhelming.

They should offer it for $40 or $30 if you already own TLOU 2 or TLOU Remastered at least, seeing they're very adamant on the $70 bill, it won't sell well...
Shills gonna shill, a 100 dollar collectors edition is sold out already.

• sad
Reactions: LED

Theap99

21 Jun 2022

Lmao I can't believe they spent 70% of the "gameplay video" showing off the developers faces and talking about haptics that have already been done before. Like legit they're still scared to show a raw uncut gameplay encounter with melee and everything being tested. Fucking what a low effort release from the team that created tlou2 TWO YEARS AGO

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I actually really like the physics and stuff I saw. Other than the increased detail that is obvious, I still sort of like Joel and Tess's Remaster visual ages and Ellie's facial shape/proportions. It looks better than TLOU2 Flashback Ellie at least, but still a bit... Off.

I'm thrilled it seems to not automatically use the tlou2 combat, but I can appreciate people who think it's a missed opportunity. I was hoping it'd be a toggle myself, best of both worlds/replayability.

But its not £70 nice, ya know? Almost on principle, having ganked the MP out of it and selling for the same price.

I know Factions stand alone is coming. But who knows if it retains the old game modes or if they've been iterated out of existence? The gamesn not here yet.

This Factions GAAS better be the best shit ever.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Katajx

8 Jul 2022
I’ll just look at it like Skyrim SE/AE.
It looks like a great way to experience it on PC for the first time. Already played it on PS3 and PS4 though.

The lighting and effects look really good.

24 Jun 2022
Feels kinda weird to say they used the cutscene models in real time when that's exactly what they did with the remastered version on PS4.

Look, I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm okay with 70 dollar games from Sony but they're REALLY pushing it and Ghost of Tsushima and that shit they pulled with Horizon should've been a sign. I could see 40-50 bucks but 70 dollars is really pushing it and that dislike ratio is agreeing with me.

Yeah that likes/dislikes ratio is pretty bad tbh. Very rare for a Sony game, I think it's purely down to the messaging around this remake and the fact there was probably nothing that immediately seemed new in the trailer (for the majority) outside of the increased visuals and visual fidelity.

Most of the stuff they focused on in the trailer are things a player really has to experience through playing it themselves, to notice the differences and benefits. Talking about them probably isn't enough. Good reason for them to maybe do some type of demo for PS5 owners, if they can.

Lmao I can't believe they spent 70% of the "gameplay video" showing off the developers faces and talking about haptics that have already been done before. Like legit they're still scared to show a raw uncut gameplay encounter with melee and everything being tested. Fucking what a low effort release from the team that created tlou2 TWO YEARS AGO

Naughty Dog were brought in to this game pretty late tho, were they not? It was Visual Arts (I think that's their name) who were working on it originally, not Naughty Dog. Sony didn't like the direction VA were taking it, so some ND people were brought in to spruce things up and get things going along better.

That's at least what the word is from people like Jason Schreir and a couple other prominent insiders. Could they be lying? Maybe. But I kinda doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.