The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Nintendo's First $70 Game

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wish they had new hardware to go with it but, not a big deal I suppose. Games cost money to make, I am more than happy to pay to support the creators.

I remember paying 80 dollars plus tax for Chrono Trigger back in the 90s. Had to save a whole bunch of birthday + allowance money for that. Today's prices are still a bargain for what you're getting IMO.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Doesn't even have the facial and motion capture tech and more modern techniques along with voice acting in other modern games and they want to charge the same as a TLOU or R* game etc...

Guess there's no going back now.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
laughing-homer.gif

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If it comes on switch 2 with DLSS and hardware that won't run it at 15fps then I'll buy it.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
A dark day, indeed.

Edit; God damn it, got there slightly too late for a Gamestop pre-order.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Selling old-gen games at new-gen prices. Nice.

At least, Sony offers some unique features for $70 PS5 versions: haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, etc. and even Game Hints and contextual Activity Cards.

These other publishers are just charging $70 without offering anything extra.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I'm sure this is going to be a hot take, but based on most of the stuff Nintendo craps out these days, their games aren't even worth $60. I guess they're worth $60 if you like paying for a half-baked game that gets a meager amount of post launch content drip fed to you over the span of a year or two, but ultimately doesn't end up having as much content as its predecessors.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Wish they had new hardware to go with it but, not a big deal I suppose. Games cost money to make, I am more than happy to pay to support the creators.

I remember paying 80 dollars plus tax for Chrono Trigger back in the 90s. Had to save a whole bunch of birthday + allowance money for that. Today's prices are still a bargain for what you're getting IMO.

I had a similar experience for Kingdom Hearts back in the day, $80 plus tax. I'm of the same mind about current day prices. If I really want the game and can afford it, I'll pay full price. For what we're getting, it's a pretty good deal in most cases. If not, waiting for a sale is also an option.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
In a market where a PS5 port of a PS4 port of a PS3 game can be $70, I don’t see why a Zelda game that will most likely be GOTY can’t be.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
In a market where a PS5 port of a PS4 port of a PS3 game can be $70, I don’t see why a Zelda game that will most likely be GOTY can’t be.
because you are a rabid xbox fanboy who want to trhow shit at the last of us next gen remake,lik or not that remake have a excellent production values,its not using the wiiu game and stuck on a switch cartridge

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I wouldn't even pay $50 for most Swich games, shit I have rarely played my Switch. Nintendo tech wise doesn't evolve and their games definitely shouldn't be $70. It's like how they sell their underpowered hardware for a premium to make like 1000% profit foh.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Bastion of $60? Nintendo games have always been the most expensive, even after years on the shelves. If you compare N64 games to PS1 games back then, Nintendo games always cost more, you could get PS games for $40 and even even cheaper brand new....

Reactions: Gamernyc78