The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Nintendo's First $70 Game

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's Nintendo, their fans won't complain, will buy 3 copies each and will claim that Nintendo invented the $69.99 price.
Its crazy how they buy just direct ports with little to no work years later on the new console for full price.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Its crazy how they buy just direct ports with little to no work years later on the new console for full price.
Exactly, but people were ready to throw Sony under the bus for LOU1 Remake......Oh its only using the LOU 2 engine....but slighty spice up the resolution in Zelda Windwaker on current hardware that is hardly better than the Wii and it's revoutionary.....10/10, please come again.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gamernyc78

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Nintendo fanboys in shambles. I already see some coping and saying its a placeholder
No, they are not, they will buy a remaster for $100 and tell you "That Nintendo Seal of Quality" justifies it.....

Also, Nintendo is good too....I know many people bought a WiiU for this....

No game on the Switch has that level of graphical quality, farless Wii U...

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No, they are not, they will buy a remaster for $100 and tell you "That Nintendo Seal of Quality" justifies it.....

Also, Nintendo is good too....I know many people bought a WiiU for this....

No game on the Switch has that level of graphical quality, farless Wii U...
That was such smoke and mirrors lol the worst part is we all know tech demos usually are smoke/mirrors but games later made reach or exceed that potential but definitely not Nintendo ones so to show even that type of demo was very Disingenuous.

Reactions: thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
That was such smoke and mirrors lol the worst part is we all know tech demos usually are smoke/mirrors but games later made reach or exceed that potential but definitely not Nintendo ones so to show even that type of demo was very Disingenuous.
You know, I just wish Nintendo would give us some decent hardware again, like the gamecube, which also had some cool realistic games. That focus on cheap hardware and stylized graphics is really off putting. Zelda has to be cell shaded to realize a large openworld that is not butchered by the hardware......

• they're_right_you_know

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You know, I just wish Nintendo would give us some decent hardware again, like the gamecube, which also had some cool realistic games. That focus on cheap hardware and stylized graphics is really off putting. Zelda has to be cell shaded to realize a large openworld that is not butchered by the hardware......
Mehhh we will be OK with Cooking Mama, Little Friends: Dogs, Animal Crossing, Cel Shaded, empty world Zelda and Mario (Mario gets a pass, it's better cartoony) /s

• haha

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Mehhh we will be OK with Cooking Mama, Little Friends: Dogs, Animal Crossing, Cel Shaded, empty world Zelda and Mario (Mario gets a pass, it's better cartoony) /s
You remember when Nintendogs was the rage? Then the same "cats" wanted to bury stray. "Pun Intended"...

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You remember when Nintendogs was the rage? Then the same "cats" wanted to bury stray. "Pun Intended"...
No lie, I literally used my Switch for a week then was done. I beat Mario which was OK and dropped Zelda because I was bored then made myself pick it up again to finish it. I just couldn't get into Nintendo games anymore. I bought my son a Switch and he doesnt use it either smh. When I had a Vita I took it everywhere.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
But the only cell shaded Zelda was the Gamecube one...

Ahh, why do I bother.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
why would the purchasers of an obscure DS game from 20 years ago somehow take issue with Stray being a quality game? :LOL:

much like SIFU, it'll probably end up on Switch sooner than later. A cute cat game would probably do pretty well on Switch.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I'm sure this is going to be a hot take, but based on most of the stuff Nintendo craps out these days, their games aren't even worth $60. I guess they're worth $60 if you like paying for a half-baked game that gets a meager amount of post launch content drip fed to you over the span of a year or two, but ultimately doesn't end up having as much content as its predecessors.
live a live, triangle strategy, xenoblade 3, bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem engage, splatoon 3 are not worth $60... Ok

kitty-forman-debra-jo-rupp.gif

let's go pay $70 for the yearly EA game on PS5/XS because pretty gfx

riddled with bugs, MTX, and generic as shit western games should be on deep discount perpetually

Reactions: Banana

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
live a live, triangle strategy, xenoblade 3, bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem engage, splatoon 3 are not worth $60... Ok

kitty-forman-debra-jo-rupp.gif

let's go pay $70 for the yearly EA game on PS5/XS because pretty gfx

riddled with bugs, MTX, and generic as shit western games should be on deep discount perpetually
1. I said most of the games they crap out these days.
2. Live A Live, Triangle Strategy, and Bayonetta 3 are all developed by third party devs.
3. I don't know why you assume I buy yearly sports titles and other annual franchises like CoD, but you're wrong. I have one of each of the major sports games that I bought used years ago for local multiplayer, and when I buy a CoD game, it's used and years after it came out. If you don't believe me, go look at the pictures of my collection on my profile.
4. Even if I was buying Madden and 2K every year, you really think I'd be buying it for the graphics? I never mentioned anything about the graphics of Nintendo games. One of my favorite games of all time is Stardew Valley - I'm obviously not a graphics whore.
5. If you're truly okay with buying half-assed shit like Animal Crossing New Horizons, which has a fraction of the content of Animal Crossing New Leaf, you're just the type of sucker Nintendo's counting on to defend their price increase. That's not to mention pretty much all their recent sports games, from the Mario sports games to Switch Sports, which all launched with barely any content. Nintendo is raking in cash by the dump truck load with the Switch, but Switch Sports couldn't even release with as many sports as Wii Sports Resort. Again, if you're okay with that, just admit that you're a sucker or a shill and we can all move on.

• they're_right_you_know

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
the idea that nintendo can't charge the same as Microsoft and Sony for games is absurd. Nintendo's market leader, and they're still the last to raise prices, and only did so after a fiscal year year report where their numbers are down because of inflation. The reality is games are going to cost $70 now, it is what it is.

"Switch is weak bad gfx lol" shitposting needs to be called out.

and for all intents and purposes, live a live, triangle and Bayonetta are all first party productions. All published by Nintendo.

i think consumers know what they get when they buy a nintendo game. World class, polished product that will retain its value for years, and sells 50 million copies at full price for that very reason.

Zelda is realistically worth more than $70. If we can spend $70 on a reskinned tranny bathroom remake of dead space, we can do so for Zelda as well.

Reactions: Zzero