The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Nintendo's First $70 Game

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah but some ppl did put clownish shit. Your memory is spot on but you see here no issues. We have people that have diff views but almost all here respond respectfully so no 🤡🤡🤡🤡

🤣🤣🤣

except @Sircaw
What the hell, I am a person of peace.

My actions are always respectful.

Die Season 3 GIF by The Office

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Doesn't even have the facial and motion capture tech and more modern techniques along with voice acting in other modern games and they want to charge the same as a TLOU or R* game etc...

Guess there's no going back now.
This is Nintendo, at this point their games are more like collectibles than actual video games.

I have not been able to play their games for a long time now. The walls and walls of textual exposition and dialogue kill it for me.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Bastion of $60? Nintendo games have always been the most expensive, even after years on the shelves. If you compare N64 games to PS1 games back then, Nintendo games always cost more, you could get PS games for $40 and even even cheaper brand new....
The modern equivalent would be if games came on their own nvme. It's different.
Exactly, but people were ready to throw Sony under the bus for LOU1 Remake......Oh its only using the LOU 2 engine....but slighty spice up the resolution in Zelda Windwaker on current hardware that is hardly better than the Wii and it's revoutionary.....10/10, please come again.
This might actually be a fun game though. However the trailer killed any hype I had for it. More of the same. The big 3 can't innovate it seems.

Still, the price is outrageous.
You know, I just wish Nintendo would give us some decent hardware again, like the gamecube, which also had some cool realistic games. That focus on cheap hardware and stylized graphics is really off putting. Zelda has to be cell shaded to realize a large openworld that is not butchered by the hardware......
Nintendo learned from the PS1 and 2. You don't need high end hardware to appeal to casuals. Casuals are where the money is. That's part of the reason the dreamcast failed. It was a console pretty much exclusively for the hardcore EGM crowd.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Love people trying to pretend it's more expensive because it's on a bigger sized cartridge

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The modern equivalent would be if games came on their own nvme. It's different.

This might actually be a fun game though. However the trailer killed any hype I had for it. More of the same. The big 3 can't innovate it seems.

Still, the price is outrageous.

Nintendo learned from the PS1 and 2. You don't need high end hardware to appeal to casuals. Casuals are where the money is. That's part of the reason the dreamcast failed. It was a console pretty much exclusively for the hardcore EGM crowd.
Companies have their niche and Nintendo Def has that casual crowd under its belt. Ppl like me criticize them because we would love to have more hardcore, advanced tech hardware and games to grow with us. Nothing wrong with that nor with what thy give ppl now because those games sell millions but it is what it is. I would loveeeeee a more realistic Zelda and with gore but I guess I have GOW on PS for that :) and Sony Def satisfies the gamers that want those more adult themed games with cutting edge graphics on console. Sony also has its indies and colorful, casual games here and there.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
This is Nintendo, at this point their games are more like collectibles than actual video games.

I have not been able to play their games for a long time now. The walls and walls of textual exposition and dialogue kill it for me.
And people still pony up for shite like Pokémon. The 'Nintendo magic' has long gone, certainly on a consistent basis. But some of their fans are in some kind of thrall.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Ridiculous but not a surprise, will pick it up used, even if I only save 2 dollars. Rather give my money to the local mom and pop game store.