The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Review Thread

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
98/97 is unsustenable... I mean only 9.8, 9.9 and 10 can hold that score.
Any 9.0 or below will make it drop.

94-96 is where lies the final score.

I want to buy a Swtich 🔥

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
94+

Damn alot of Zelda haters in here.

I love the series. The music, presentation, charm, interactivity in the world. Being able to think of something and then it working. Decent simple combat. Nice NPC’s and the sense of being on an adventure. Not many games pull it off. Yes theres been dips in the series, but its one of the best series out there

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
94+

I love the series. The music, presentation, charm, interactivity in the world. Being able to think of something and then it working. Decent simple combat. Nice NPC’s and the sense of being on an adventure. Not many games pull it off. Yes theres been dips in the series, but its one of the best series out there
I don't understand the hate too.
From the ones I played all of them were absolutelly fantastic.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand the hate too.
From the ones I played all of them were absolutelly fantastic.

Yeah theres not many true adventure games like it. Maybe some imitations but nothing like Zelda. Its truly special for me.

A large magical world you can get sucked into. The closest Playstation has come is with games like ICO and SOTC.

OOT and MM are my favourites. Twilight Princess on gamecube would of been up there if it wasnt for the Wolf link stuff. WW I love too, the sailing was a bit annoying. I do hate the weapon breaking and lack of dungeons in BOTW but its still an amazing game.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The hate is simple or do we want to force ppl to feel a certain way. I have a switch, beat Zelda BOTW after forcing myself numerous times to continue. I found it super boring, World empty, divine beasts were a chore and not fun and dungeons were repetitive and garbage. Overall I would have given BOTW a 70 at most. If this is more of the same which it looks like than I'm in no rush to purchase it. Alot of things tht games got completely hammered for, Zelda got a pass on and that says alot.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Some things I found out while going over DF and skill up reviews:

DF says they used FSR 1.0 which is archaic at this point in time and destroys IQ. Not sure why they couldn't implement 2.1

The skill up review says there's an emphasis on collecting items and crafting (that gave fallout 4 vibes which I am not a fan of) and also that something was done regarding dungeons but not enough to please traditional Zelda fans.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Some things I found out while going over DF and skill up reviews:

DF says they used FSR 1.0 which is archaic at this point in time and destroys IQ. Not sure why they couldn't implement 2.1

The skill up review says there's an emphasis on collecting items and crafting (that gave fallout 4 vibes which I am not a fan of) and also that something was done regarding dungeons but not enough to please traditional Zelda fans.
Maybe Switch hardware limitation? BTW FSR 2.1 destroys the IQ too... blurry, ghosting, etc.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
94+

I guess that if it doesn't click with you it can be bothersome to see people praising the game so much.

I lover BoTW and all the praising of ToTK feels a little strange at this point (without me playing it), I don't feel the trailers made it look like a 97/100 game for 2023 standards.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Expected. Ready to play it tonight!
I got to wait till tomorrow morning

Korean Drama Crying GIF by The Swoon