The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Review Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
My only concern is that I don’t know if I can keep doing Zelda games of this scale back to back to back for the next few decades. It’s kinda too much and puts me into the position where I kinda don’t want to even waste time on other open world games. I miss 8 hour games I can replay. I’ll never replay botw. Previous games? I might.

I like this direction plenty. Probably the only kind of open world game I can still tolerate. Death stranding is similar in this … that movement across the landscapes is a huge part of its gameplay.

I also understand the design issues of having proper dungeons built into the game with an open world game design standpoint and being able to do things in whatever order and way you want.

But there is a solution… if having puzzles time gated by mandatory items like past games was an issue… then introduce those dungeons after you’ve introduced key items into gameplay. I refuse to believe it cannot be done.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My only concern is that I don’t know if I can keep doing Zelda games of this scale back to back to back for the next few decades. It’s kinda too much and puts me into the position where I kinda don’t want to even waste time on other open world games. I miss 8 hour games I can replay. I’ll never replay botw. Previous games? I might.

I like this direction plenty. Probably the only kind of open world game I can still tolerate. Death stranding is similar in this … that movement across the landscapes is a huge part of its gameplay.

I also understand the design issues of having proper dungeons built into the game with an open world game design standpoint and being able to do things in whatever order and way you want.

But there is a solution… if having puzzles time gated by mandatory items like past games was an issue… then introduce those dungeons after you’ve introduced key items into gameplay. I refuse to believe it cannot be done.
Yeap it can be done but I don't think that is the type of imersion the team behind Zelda wants.
I apreciate how they try to make it to feels like you are in a real world where you can go and do whatever you want in whatever order.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If that BOTW weapon durability is in this game without any means to repair then I’m out.

For me that alone knocked a couple of points off BOTWs score.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If that BOTW weapon durability is in this game without any means to repair then I’m out.

For me that alone knocked a couple of points off BOTWs score.
The weapon durability system is the same.
But now you have a hability called Fuse that can create a weapom from almost everything in the enviropment plus you can add more hard (bigger durability) to your weapons with Fuse too.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
People are fighting over the 6/10 review on twitter and forums. 🤦🏻‍♂️

let-them-fight-godzilla.gif

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Lol i just seen Nintendo centric sites I've never even heard of throwing out 10's on metacritic "nintenderos" 😂😂😂. I ain't hating but thts so funny to see. It does have alot of reviews which is good and sone good scores from reputable sites. Easy Allies is my goto but I don't see their review yet.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's like they default to 10 and then dock decimals if there's something seriously amiss, or they gloss over the faults. In a post-Elden Ring world, this isn't up to open world snuff.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Midnight ET unlock right? I got the preload ready.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I forgot how limited combat options were in botw… weapons have two attacks… umm I remember having more movement and directional attacks and pokes per single weapon in all pre-botw 3d Zelda.

Loot system still sucks bad with the breaking weapons and stupid options. Combat still two moves. Yawn.

… I’m sorta regretting this. Opening is very weak.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The weapon durability system is the same.
But now you have a hability called Fuse that can create a weapom from almost everything in the enviropment plus you can add more hard (bigger durability) to your weapons with Fuse too.
Oh great, they decided to improve it a bit. Great news.