The most important question Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
For me... I'd have to say Resident Evil, I like the mix of action and suspense in them.

I also have less experience of Silent Hill, although I did go to the film long ago in the cinema.... but seems more psychological and leaning into the non-combat side and I don't like feeling helpless or limited TBH

Reactions: Vertigo and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I agree with @Bryank75 on this one in terms of psychology.

I Feel SH is like real horror, where as Resident evil is more Buffy kinda style, hope that makes sense.

And let's be honest who does not like FAITH.

buffy the vampire slayer dancing GIF

lol when i search for Buffy faith i also got Kamala Harris, maybe not so sexy haha

I do know @DoctaThompson has the hots for her.

Believe Kamala Harris GIF by The Democrats

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Resident Evil even without read the thread.

It was always more polished and grounded... it have more investment too (budget).
After it got more attention from the Publisher while SH got forgotten.

Sales shows that too... SH sales today are considered niche... RE did grow over the decades and today have sales that most Publishers wants to have.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
It is a B-movie that inspired some weapon names in Resident Evil... in special the Taurus Model 698.

1200px-Pulp-taurus1.jpg
I get that it might have inspired some movies, it was just odd for you to say B list horror movies and list a few horror movies with Pulp Fiction in the mix :cool:

Reactions: AniWeeb

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I get that it might have inspired some movies, it was just odd for you to say B list horror movies and list a few horror movies with Pulp Fiction in the mix :cool:
Yeap I wrote B-horros movies but it is B-movies overall.
Pulp Fiction inspired the weapon in Resident Evil... it is talked decades ago by devs.

BTW that is why our fish sees RE more like Buffy than horror because that is how B-horror movies were... there is a lot of comedian and chicles inside them... not pure horror like Silent Hill.

I was addictive to these type of movies in my children times... loved Return of the Living Dead and Evil Dead.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Man.. this thread made me revive a lot of old memories.

Resident Evil is yet of the very best gaming experience in my life.
And I can bold say it is still the best Resident Evil game even after 8 mainline interactions.

The first game is these sparkle of genius that happens one in one million times :D
It is near perfect... RE2 is already a departure from the original in tone and experience.

D

Deleted member 13

I'm going with RE. Even though they've had a mix of flavors for the franchise, I always feel it's the de facto standard to horror games. I'm looking forward to what they plan on next after RE4.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just to add Resident Evil is not exactly Horror… they called Survival Horror because the elements of survival is more evident than horror.

Silent Hill is more our horror… psychological horror.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Resident Evil is based in B-horror films... so he is not wrong.
I mean like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Return of the Living Dead, Stephen King films, Pulp Fiction, Evil Dead, etc.

That's a pretty tenuous connection as a basis for saying RE is "buffy style", which to most people I would think means a degree of horror comedy and teen drama.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I won't give my opinon since I only played Resident Evil but I plan on buying Silent hill (The PS1 classic) on my Vita soon and I will try Silent Hill 2 remake when ever it comes out. Does anybody know if Silent Hill Shattered Memories is worth playing?

Reactions: Oogabooga