The PlayStation 5 Pro is a reality and several studios already have development kits, according to a report | Ruetir.com

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Damn this shit looks to be real. Idk of I'll get one but knowing me I will!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PC it is, I guess. If we're going down this upgrade route, might as well get one device and cover both consoles at the same time.

Gonna have to re-evaluate buying PS consoles next gen.
Some feel this way but others hate the midling with computers/settings and expensive GPU prices and feeling like thy need an upgrade. To each it's own.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Some feel this way but others hate the midling with computers/settings and expensive GPU prices and feeling like thy need an upgrade. To each it's own.
Not to mention that the same people complaining about the PS5 Pro will also be complaining when the 2020 base PS5 has to go against whatever NVidia/AMD will be selling for the next 5 years.

I would understand the complaints if we had not already gone trough this last gen and seen that the base PS4 wasn't negatively affected in any way. Not to mention that anyone with a PS5 could just sell it and pay the difference for the PS5 Pro if they care so much. It's mostly complaining for the sake of complaining.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PC it is, I guess. If we're going down this upgrade route, might as well get one device and cover both consoles at the same time.

Gonna have to re-evaluate buying PS consoles next gen.

You don’t have to upgrade to PS5 Pro. Games will run fine with options on normal PS5. Pro just gives more options for developers.

PC will give you the exact same issue but more expensive parts that aren't as efficient. Plus this year should of spelled how many issues PC games have like DeadSpace, Harry Potter, Dead Island 2 etc

Im day 1 PS5 Pro, Trade in for me

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Fantastic, can't wait for it.

Good luck, if a midgen update bothers you you'll do really great on PC. :ROFLMAO:
I already play on PC, it's just never been my main platform. Not even close. In this case, one device will cover both consoles, requiring a bit more maintenance but also highly customizable.

I play on consoles so I don't have to worry about my older hardware being left behind in that ecosystem. Optimize everything for one SKU. Not only so multiple SKUs make it harder on the consumers when making a choice, it makes it harder for developers, who now have more work to do.

This will not be any different than what we have with the Series X and S now. Everything has to be made for the base PS5 anyway, so it's not like you get any real benefits in world building or AI development/behavior. So what's the point?

The point is that it's free money because people jump on the next shiny new thing.

Oh, and charging $10 upgrades for the pro version, probably.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You don’t have to upgrade to PS5 Pro.
PC will give you the exact same issue but more expensive parts that aren't as efficient. Plus this year should of spelled how many issues PC games have like DeadSpace, Harry Potter, Dead Island 2 etc

Im day 1 PS5 Pro, Trade in for me
He is going to rebel against a mid-gen optional upgrade in a 8 years gen by going to PC where you get upgrades non stop.

I already play on PC, it's just never been my main platform. Not even close. In this case, one device will cover both consoles, requiring a bit more maintenance but also highly customizable.

I play on consoles so I don't have to worry about my older hardware being left behind in that ecosystem. Optimize everything for one SKU. Not only so multiple SKUs make it harder on the consumers when making a choice, it makes it harder for developers, who now have more work to do.

This will not be any different than what we have with the Series X and S now. Everything has to be made for the base PS5 anyway, so it's not like you get any real benefits in world building or AI development/behavior. So what's the point?

The point is that it's free money because people jump on the next shiny new thing.
Was the PS4 left behind? It's 2023 and it still getting great support.

This has nothing to do with the Series S situation at all, the Series S was compromised from day one.

The PS5 was never compromised, they released the best console they could for $499 and even 2 and half years later it is still outperforming the Series X in most games.

Stop making up stuff like them charging $10 for the PS5 Pro version. Get a grip.

If what you get with the PS5 Pro ain't worth it for you than don't buy one. Better resolution and improved frame rate is what you can hope for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah I m+never do trade ins but I'll just trade in my ps5 for the pro, fuck it!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Upgrades I can pick and chose, not get railroaded into whatever's given to me.

I understand this is a PS centric site but at times it feels like anything PS has to be worshiped or else...
Almost every site is a ps centric site, there are just more ps console gamers. That's the same mantra I hear in almost every forum I go to.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Oh, and charging $10 upgrades for the pro version, probably.

Naa, a boost mode is way easier to program in than programming for an entirely different console.

We already get 30, 40 and 60 and even 120 fps modes in multiple games... so this should just be like adding modes to the base PS5.

Updates for a Pro can come later too...

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I see it with my friend and brother all the time. It costs a bomb for upgrades
I also play on PC but I don't even follow hardware releases anymore, it's just boring. I'll not pay $500+ on a GPU just so it will stutter on me. Everyone focus on the high-end stuff as if the would pay $1000 on a GPU every year just to stutter on new releases. No thanks.

I upgrade my PC when it can't run games at 1080p and I play AAA stuff on my console. My PC is mostly for old games, games that are not on PlayStation, emulators and work.

Naa, a boost mode is way easier to program in than programming for an entirely different console.

We already get 30, 40 and 60 and even 120 fps modes in multiple games... so this should just be like adding modes to the base PS5.

We already have modes with unlocked frame rate and dynamic resolution.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I also play on PC but I don't even follow hardware releases anymore just boring. I'll not pay $500+ on a GPU just so it will stutter on me.
I always thought of buying a nice pc rig you know like $2,000 or so but the tinkering and meddling for most games was just so off putting to me, GPU prices, hassle upgrading, etc . Mind you I have two ps5s, PSVr1/2, etc so the money has never been the issue.

Reactions: Box

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

How big did you think the ssd will be in it, twice the size, and would they mess with the speeds of it, as in faster or is there no point to that.