The PlayStation 5 Pro is a reality and several studios already have development kits, according to a report | Ruetir.com

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I always thought of buying a nice pc rig you know like $2,000 or so but the tinkering and meddling for most games was just so off putting to me, GPU prices, hassle upgrading, etc . Mind you I have two ps5s, PSVr1/2, etc so the money has never been the issue.
PC is not for everybody you gotta like that stuff. I sort of like the tinker part because I'm used to it, what I don't like is spending crazy amounts of money on it, so I do my tinkering on my basic PC and I get all I want from it.

If there is one thing I think the PS5 leaves a lot to be desired is with patches of old games (at least the big one). My busted ass PC can run RDR2 far better than the PS5 when in fact the PS5 should be able to completely smoke it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How big did you think the ssd will be in it, twice the size, and would they mess with the speeds of it, as in faster or is there no point to that.
Wth does it matter to you? These things are not water proof and you cannot play it in your tank!!!

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I sort of like the tinker park
You like to tinker in the park, what kind of pervert are you?

Im Horny Zach Galifianakis GIF

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
PC it is, I guess. If we're going down this upgrade route, might as well get one device and cover both consoles at the same time.

Gonna have to re-evaluate buying PS consoles next gen.
I don't think this particular upgrade is necessary yet, but going PC only over it is a bit of an overreaction imo. It's just an option, not a requirement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Don't you start on me, i am not afraid to let out a few bitch bitch slaps here and there.
You know you my boy if you ever visit nyc you better contact me biatchhhh ima throw your ass in the Hudson river 😂😂😂

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You know you my boy if you ever visit nyc you better contact me biatchhhh ima thriw your ass in the Hudson river 😂😂😂
i watched Luke cage, Harlem looks dangerous.

I know your plan lol

and is this the type of reception i can expect to receive when i visit you lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i watched Luke cage, Harlem looks dangerous.

I know your plan lol
There's dangerous parts everywhere. Luke Cage was pretty good I'm mad they didbt renew it. I'm watching Ozarks now, it's so good!!!!

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
How big did you think the ssd will be in it, twice the size, and would they mess with the speeds of it, as in faster or is there no point to that.

I think they will provide a full 1tb this time and at the same speed but more memory, now that computer parts are probably cheaper due to PC sales collapsing.

They'll also probably get great prices on the silicon, an upgraded APU should be very doable. They need to stretch the generation out cause tech isnt progressing as fast, the differences dont appear as big to us..... so a Pro I think is a good call and push the gen to 8-9 years or so.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
There's dangerous parts everywhere. Luke Cage was pretty good I'm mad they didbt renew it. I'm watching Ozarks now, it's so good!!!!
yep, i like Luke Cage, liked the first season of Jessica Jones too but it kinda went to shit after the first season, and yer Ozarks was very good.

Watching something called Carnival row atm on amazon prime, not bad at all,

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I also play on PC but I don't even follow hardware releases anymore, it's just boring. I'll not pay $500+ on a GPU just so it will stutter on me. Everyone focus on the high-end stuff as if the would pay $1000 on a GPU every year just to stutter on new releases. No thanks.

I upgrade my PC when it can't run games at 1080p and I play AAA stuff on my console. My PC is mostly for old games, games that are not on PlayStation, emulators and work.

We already have modes with unlocked frame rate and dynamic resolution.

For me, PC is for indies, PC exclusives like Total War, retro games and modding certain games older games.
Probably will use to mod that pesky weapon break Zelda TOTK in the future)

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yep, i like Luke Cage, liked the first season of Jessica Jones too but it kinda went to shit after the first season, and yer Ozarks was very good.

Watching something called Carnival row atm on amazon prime, not bad at all,
Oh I finished tht! It was decent fairy stuff, I enjoyed it with its premise of racism and discrimination.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Upgrades I can pick and chose, not get railroaded into whatever's given to me.

I understand this is a PS centric site but at times it feels like anything PS has to be worshiped or else...

Upgrading a PC is a lot more expensive though, The Graphics Card alone is more than a Ps5. Most PC games are not even optimised properly either, you always need insane requirements just to run current gen games.

I rather just buy a ps5 pro than deal with all that headache

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Upgrading a PC is a lot more expensive though, The Graphics Card alone is more than a Ps5. Most PC games are not even optimised properly either, you always need insane requirements just to run current gen games.

I rather just buy a ps5 pro than deal with all that headache
You conveyed what I wanted to say perfectly.

Reactions: Nhomnhom and Box

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
PC it is, I guess. If we're going down this upgrade route, might as well get one device and cover both consoles at the same time.

Gonna have to re-evaluate buying PS consoles next gen.
PS5 +PS5 pro cost $1200 at the highest. Still $1000 cheaper than a mid-high end range PC.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I also play on PC but I don't even follow hardware releases anymore, it's just boring. I'll not pay $500+ on a GPU just so it will stutter on me. Everyone focus on the high-end stuff as if the would pay $1000 on a GPU every year just to stutter on new releases. No thanks.

I upgrade my PC when it can't run games at 1080p and I play AAA stuff on my console. My PC is mostly for old games, games that are not on PlayStation, emulators and work.

We already have modes with unlocked frame rate and dynamic resolution.
Where do you find $500 GPU? 😂😂😂The shittiest ones are much more expansive nowadays.

• haha
D

Deleted member 417

Upgrades I can pick and chose, not get railroaded into whatever's given to me.

I understand this is a PS centric site but at times it feels like anything PS has to be worshiped or else...
You can pick and choose pc upgrades but a pro version (which you can pick and choose) is where you draw the line?

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• brain