The Quarry started out as an Until Dawn sequel

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Yes it went sour because Supermassive went behind Sony's back with their prototype for the sequel.

Sony took their IP and left. Now it's Ballistic Moon handling it.

One employee, for instance, told us, "The Quarry team was originally Until Dawn 2 working with Sony. And Sony basically paid for them to be making this for them as a prototype. Then once the prototype was done, Supermassive turned around and said, ‘We’re going to shop this around and see if anyone else wants it”, which was kind of the final nail in the coffin of any relationship with Sony. They ended up getting picked up by Google who funded it for years."
Alright then...

Anyway their anthology game are still available on playstation...

Heres looking forward for their next game ( directive 8020)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Alright then...

Anyway their anthology game are still available on playstation...

Heres looking forward for their next game ( directive 8020)
I played Man of Medan and Little Hope. Ugh. I stopped House of Ashes halfway through. The Quarry 😬

Supermassive are the losers in that story because what they made after Until Dawn is not it.

At least Sony didn't give up on that genre and they still have ex-Supermassive employees working on it.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I played Man of Medan and Little Hope. Ugh. I stopped House of Ashes halfway through. The Quarry 😬

Supermassive are the losers in that story because what they made after Until Dawn is not it.

At least Sony didn't give up on that genre and they still have ex-Supermassive employees working on it.
Imo sony kinda give up on that genre ( thanks to jim probably)

They let Quantic Dreams go and their next game Star Wars Eclipse become multiplat

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

They let Quantic Dreams go and their next game Star Wars Eclipse become multiplat
I loveee Quantum games and also Super massive. Much needed change from typical run and gun.

Reactions: Airbus
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You fucking what? You can't develop a prototype on someone's dime and then say you're going to shop it around.
It shouldn't be that way at all but then thy just change title, make a few changes and bam. And it's using UE4 thts why it's good to go proprietary sometimes then they wouldnt be able to use the engine Freely.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I have always wanted Until Dawn 2! (and Heavy Rain 2 while we are at it). I love those types of games.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Sony cutting ties with Quantic Dreams had nothing to do with Jim Ryan. Apparently David Cage made some comment about his games aren't for f*gs and all women in his games are wh*res. Had a falling out with Elliot Page over nudity and then the studio was investigated for Sexual Assault and Harassment... To which the french Court ruled the allegations were true.

So Sony dipped. It's unfortunate that happened because I'm sure they were on the cousp of being acquired since they had just finished their 3 game contract.

Hopefully one day they can make up.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sony cutting ties with Quantic Dreams had nothing to do with Jim Ryan. Apparently David Cage made some comment about his games aren't for f*gs and all women in his games are wh*res. Had a falling out with Elliot Page over nudity and then the studio was investigated for Sexual Assault and Harassment... To which the french Court ruled the allegations were true.

So Sony dipped. It's unfortunate that happened because I'm sure they were on the cousp of being acquired since they had just finished their 3 game contract.

Yeah I remember tht issue. This is true.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

Then cut david cage not quantic dream

If someone on insomniac, guerella or santa monica studio do the same thing were gona cut the whole studio lose? Shambolic decision

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Then cut david cage not quantic dream

If someone on insomniac, guerella or santa monica studio do the same thing were gona cut the whole studio lose? Shambolic decision
Lmao how do you get rid of David Cage? He is the Founder and President of Quantic Dreams.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Lmao how do you get rid of David Cage? He is the Founder and President of Quantic Dreams.
When things like this happen you know Ceo's and President's have stepped down and have taken a Board or consulting position. I don't know how big Quantum was at tht time but shit like this happens all the time. As a head you have the fiduciary duty to do what's best for the company.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
When things like this happen you know Ceos and President's have stepped down and have taken a Board or consulting position. I don't know how big Quantum was at tht time but shit like this happens all the time. As a head you have the fiduciary duty to do what's best for the company.
David Cage wasn't gonna step down he even used a journalist who reported on the issue. But even so, the poster was implying Sony could have somehow gotten Cage to stepdown which was simply not gonna happen.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The fuck else can it be? The Anthology games were trash and Sony owns Until Dawn. Make a cheap copy of their best game.
The Quarry was great, maybe even bette than Until Dawn. Lets not pretend they aren't good because they aren't with PS anymore…
I see people doing the same for Quantic Dreams. Detroit was amazing

Reactions: ksdixon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
and after it they'll make Until Dawn 2.

Lets hope so.
Kinda of a waste of time when they could be working on Until Dawn 2 now, instead of the remaster.
They should acquire them if they are former Supermassive devs

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Apparently the studio Ballistic Moon that is working on the Until Dawn remake, as well as another game, is full of former Supermassive developers. My guess is that if those projects end up doing well, Sony may buy them if anyone thinks they need a studio dedicated to making interactive movie type games.
I like these. Stuff like Life is Strange is so good, we need more stuff like this and Life is Strange, more tv show like games with relevant choices, you know, I really want them to make more of these.
Stuff like heavy rain, beyond two souls.
Detroit was bad though

Reactions: AshHunter216

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
The Quarry was great, maybe even bette than Until Dawn. Lets not pretend they aren't good because they aren't with PS anymore…
I see people doing the same for Quantic Dreams. Detroit was amazing
I never said that. It might be a cheap copy of Until Dawn but it is still good. Maybe they crapped their quality with those episode games that were trash, but The Quarry is great and could have been an amazing Until Dawn 2. And i said the endings are better.

Reactions: Kokoloko