OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
that's true, if his goal is selling the hardware they need exclusives but covering the costs by selling exclusives only on one platform is so wrong these days, Nintendo gets away with it because they have kids buying multiple copies for their siblings...etc PS/Xbox don't have it anymore so they need the extra 1+ mil copies from PC

The ports to PC will never make enough, R&C, TLOU, uncharted etc all sold very poorly on PC and even GOW and Horizon were soft.

Even with day 1, it would make little difference.

The real issue is that costs are far too high, too much superfluous content, too much bloat, studios in the most expensive places to live in the world, too many benefits and non production focused initiatives etc.

They need an axe man to go in and cut everything that is unnecessary or too expensive.

If the games are neither exclusive, nor profitable, then they serve no purpose. They can be one or the other or both but not neither.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Because you play it on Yuzu for free right?
Because there's not one tier of Switch game that has modern features like party invites, controller input mapping, remote play, etc and another tier that is stone age. On Switch all games are stone age.

On PC Epic is trying to drag us modern people back to the stone age. That's why I won't buy games on it.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I thought PC ports were supposed to be pure profit? Where did that profit go?

Exactly.

This is the main point. Now imagine they go day and date.... you will get nothing out of it and they will still be moaning bout margins.

We were sold some bullshit and people need to wake the fuck up.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The ports to PC will never make enough, R&C, TLOU, uncharted etc all sold very poorly on PC and even GOW and Horizon were soft.

The real issue is that costs are far too high, too much superfluous content, too much bloat, studios in the most expensive places to live in the world, too many benefits and non production focused initiatives etc.

They need an axe man to go in and cut everything that is unnecessary or too expensive.

If the games are neither exclusive, nor profitable, then they serve no purpose. They can be one or the other or both but not neither.
Games nowadays have same scoop as last generation games and in many cases look inferior. However, they take longer to develop and cost more. I think the nature of competitiveness in the market led to higher salaries , and benefits with less work hours. Not only that but the highest percentage of cost is actually due to executive bonuses.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The average PC master racer, the moment all PlayStation games are on PC: "Why does PlayStation even exist, all their games are on PC? You can connect you PC to a TV with an HDMI cable and use an Xbox controller".

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The average PC master racer, the moment all PlayStation games are on PC: "Why does PlayStation even exist, all their games are on PC? You can connect you PC to a TV with an HDMI cable and use an Xbox controller".

They claim to be above console wars but thats because they dont want anything but PC to exist.

They would gladly give NVidia and Valve monopolies and eliminate all competition.

It's just more corporate worship, basically.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022

Can we stop feeding this nonsense. Sony does not have an issue with profit. All their games are profitable.

Which game hasn't been profitable? Y'all acting like Sony just released Suicide Squad or Redfall. I can think of plenty of major bombs from Xbox or third parties. None from Sony

Sony games are regularly up and over 200m In revenue. There is scarcely a game here that didn't profit

Miles Morales alone could have gotten away with a 300 million budget

lDhRmUh (1).png

There is no issue with Sony's profit levels when everything they are making is turning profits.

What Sony wants, like every publisher, is to hit the lotto on the next Fortnite with ridiculous industry shaking margins. To that, yeah it's nice to want things. I want to hit the lotto too

It is ridiculous that is the expectation of investors and dumbass suits these days that you should make billions on a single product over a decade. But that's the world we are in

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Why do people insist in this lie? Days Gone was not slashed, their director did not want it and did not propose it to headquarters. GoT has been in development since 2020, and unfortunately they are also working on an online game, so they have the budgets.
As part of damage control, studio representatives can tell you how they really wanted to try a GaaS game, and for this they are ready to kill a successful IP, or as they say "to try something new, especially with multiplayer elements", because the development of the previous game was difficult and toxic (the first AAA on the problematic UE4, from a studio that made its last AAA project back in the PS1 era, and the result was amazing).

There are reports from Jeff Ross last year that they wanted to make a sequel that could be released in 2024, and that 90 developers left the studio with him.

Also, the fact that development has begun is confirmed by a leak from Insomniac.

And by budgets, I mean their size, of course, if there is a project in development, a certain budget is allocated for it.

In the case of Ghost of Tsushima, it was small, I haven't seen any information about Days Gone, but I don't think it was bigger.

And in the case of GoTS and DG, their marketing was very weak, especially against the backdrop of HZD, Uncharted, and TLOU2.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Can we stop feeding this nonsense. Sony does not have an issue with profit. All their games are profitable.

Which game hasn't been profitable? Y'all acting like Sony just released Suicide Squad or Redfall. I can think of plenty of major bombs from Xbox or third parties. None from Sony

Sony games are regularly up and over 200m In revenue. There is scarcely a game here that didn't profit

View attachment 4302

There is no issue with Sony's profit levels when everything they are making is turning profits.

What Sony wants, like every publisher, is to hit the lotto on the next Fortnite with ridiculous industry shaking margins. To that, yeah it's nice to want things. I want to hit the lotto too

It is ridiculous that is the expectation of investors and dumbass suits these days that you should make billions on a single product over a decade. But that's the world we are in
the CEO of sony says they do. who do you think you're arguing with?

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

View attachment 4302

Like you say, it all depends on their expectations....
I think, even if they were making a 20% margin, it wouldnt be enough for some of these execs.

They think movies and making their own electric car will give them more credibility and seem to look down on gaming from what I see. Only tolerating it due to shareholders putting such import on it.

Reactions: Yobo

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

View attachment 4302

All these numbers are much better than anticipaded.

What Sony needs to do is wait much longer before including them on PS+ and hold on much long before deep discounts.

Nintendo business model is the one Sony should copy.

Reactions: Umar