The Snitch: Playstation x "S" announcement is imminent

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The Snitch seems to imply Playstation has bought a publisher with "S"in the name

Or maybe PlayStation Slim?

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
200.gif

24 Jun 2022
Not giving this dude or ANY insiders attention. Screw 'em; how would they know ahead of time? No one knew Sony acquired Bungie until it was announced. If Sony acquired Square-Enix, wouldn't this be reflected in stock price changes in just a matter of hours? We would be hearing about this officially either tonight or Monday (those of us behind because we're not in Japan).

Will be very easy to know if this rumor is false in less than 24 hours.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I think the worst part of the ABK deal going through is having to suffer the Sony x Square discourse and fanboyism that surrounds it. Bound to get even worse. At this point having the deal occurr so the weeb/JRPG warriors go to bed is even favorable - damn opportunity cost and everything else. Just get those kids to bed.

The Snicth knows what he's doing. Perfect clout bait for desperate minds. It's like catnip on steroids. Prob laughing about it - as he should.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Tom Henderson rumor put the slim around September, so if he was accurate this would be really early to announce anything.

Then again S could be anything.

Playstation Socks?

Also are we sure p is for playstation.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
If it’s an publicly-traded company then announcement must be imminent. If true we would need to hear until Monday.
I tend to a Slim version or maybe some unexpected game announcement.

If it’s really a Japanese publisher I will personally congratulate the haters of Japanese games here. Just to enjoy myself on their meltdown.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't see why it would be something like a Slim. That's certainly not what the "X" would imply.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Seems insane that Square dumped Crystal D and IO Interactive to make themselves more attractive as a Playstation pickup. IO is probably the best thing Square had. Likely killed the Deus Ex franchise also.

Reactions: kuzon

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think the worst part of the ABK deal going through is having to suffer the Sony x Square discourse and fanboyism that surrounds it. Bound to get even worse. At this point having the deal occurr so the weeb/JRPG warriors go to bed is even favorable

Hopefully square enix comes out like CDPR did (and Larian) and say they are not for sale. Its getting exhausting

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Seems insane that Square dumped Crystal D and IO Interactive to make themselves more attractive as a Playstation pickup. IO is probably the best thing Square had. Likely killed the Deus Ex franchise also.
That was so long ago. At the time they sold IO they needed money to develop Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. They both flopped so in the end they lost everything, IPs and studios included. Just tragic story.

Microsoft and Embracer will profit from all that eventually.