The Snitch: Playstation x "S" announcement is imminent

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Well it makes more sense for Sony to acquire SE then people think. More IPs for their media push, considering Nier anime is also made by Aniplex and it viewership is pretty high domestically. They also need a Japanese arm in video games since they has like 2 out of 17 of their 1st party studio.

Bungie is more of a counter to Activision, they could grow to becomes one. Imo 2.7+1ab is somewhat cheap.
The huge get with SE is also ff14 a regular money generator, which is what Sony is chasing right now. And more importantly the talent behind it who have that skill to develop a game like that which is another thing Sony is chasing.

janneverjaar

27 Jun 2023
I see Sega being mentioned as well, while there is a section in Sony that is actively seeking Sega, it is not Playstation, a division of Sony Music, Aniplex.

• brain
Reactions: Jim Ryan

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The huge get with SE is also ff14 a regular money generator, which is what Sony is chasing right now. And more importantly the talent behind it who have that skill to develop a game like that which is another thing Sony is chasing.
But if that's the goal, SE West had mobile experience too?

17 Jun 2023
I certainly hope not, the 3rd party publishers are already shrinking because of , ”you know who”.
Most unfortunate is that more acquisitions could be in the future, and in 10 years this industry could be something we don’t recognize.

• sad
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
mostly cloudy sky GIF
Strife

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Reading the Twitter and to relate to PlayStation X S is really reaching lol

It is a x for cross like they used for acquisitions.
Can be cross Slim too.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I guess if they were going to do it, they couldn't do it before the ABK things was over, but acquiring it before FFXVI would've been even better.

I wonder how many announcements Sony is holding on to because of this Activision nonsense.

Reading the Twitter and to relate to PlayStation X S is really reaching lol

It is a x for cross like they used for acquisitions.
Can be cross Slim too.

As you stated, x is always used for purchase related things.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
My guess is that annoucement is imminent, it has going on for so long because of the ABK deal.

I think Sony and Square pretty good at keeping business like this a sceret since they don't have a network of astroturfers going around spilling shit.

The Snitch again being a fucking twat for sticking to easy target.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Considering I just bought the fat PS5 like 3 months ago they are definitely going to release a slim version now.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I wonder how many announcements Sony is holding on to because of this Activision nonsense.
Let's hope they were holding a lot because we got very little as far as announcement for 2 years now, that is the main reason why it's really easy to lose faith on Sony right now, it's sort of an all time low for PlayStation as far as hype for future releases.

Another problem is that we got plenty of GaaS announcements so I have my doubts if they were holding back that much.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Let's hope they were holding a lot because we got very little as far as announcement for 2 years now, that is the main reason why it's really easy to lose faith on Sony right now, it's sort of an all time low for PlayStation as far as hype for future releases.

Another problem is that we got plenty of GaaS announcements, so I have my doubts if they were holding back at all.
My guess Sony has secured a time exclusivity deal for next GTA, they hold it so long until after this shitfest.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
My guess Sony has secured a time exclusivity deal for next GTA, they hold it so long until after this shitfest.
That would be very lame. That doesn't get PlayStation players anything we wouldn't already get.

Sony needs to learn their lessons that bought exclusives don't add up overtime specially these big ones that are just temporary.

The only temporary exclusives Sony should bother with are Japanese games that would't sell much on Xbox and wouldn't cost much because of that. Sony should also start adding in their deals huge windows for Gamepass releases of those game, making it much harder for it to make sense for MS to pay for them to be ported in the future.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
That would be very lame. That doesn't get PlayStation players anything we wouldn't already get.

Sony needs to learn their lessons that bought exclusives don't add up overtime specially these big ones that are just temporary.
The Twitter account who leaks the whole PS Showcase 3 hours prior also hint at this. Funny how it flew under the radar.

My guess this deal has been in worked for a long time.

Personally I'm more excited for whatever From cooking for PS5 rn.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The Twitter account who leaks the whole PS Showcase 3 hours prior also hint at this. Funny how it flew under the radar.

My guess this deal has been in worked for a long time.

Personally I'm more excited for whatever From cooking for PS5 rn.
Really hard for me to see it happening, unless GTA6 isn't crossgen and they want to only work on a PS5 version for now like SE did with FFXVI.

Reactions: Luffy123