THEGAMER: I’m Glad I Sold My Xbox

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
They shut down Tango and kept 343 Industries. That really says it all. I'm glad more people are speaking up about what a mess MS has created and is still creating. Sure, it impacts their customers but their fuck-ups and insistence on continuing with their clearly flawed Game Pass model has already caused damage to the industry itself. How many more studios will they close and how many more people will they lay off - all sacrificed on the wishful thinking that enough suckers will buy into yet another shitty MS sub service.

Nydius

26 Jun 2024
My XSX is unused since Starfield

Almost ditto. After Starfield, I didn't turn it on again until Little Kitty Big City dropped on Game Pass, which took me 4 hours to 100% complete. Turned it on again for Hellblade 2, beat that in about 6 hours and had no desire to clean up any missing achievements. Now it just collects dust until Avowed or Indiana Jones drops.

Depending on reviews I might use it for Ubisoft+ to play Outlaws.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Too much negativity around Xbox in this board. You guys go on and on about Xbox dying, not a great look. Xbox Doomers need to be contained, some people enjoy their Xbox and don't need to read about it on every tread.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Too much negativity around Xbox in this board. You guys go on and on about Xbox dying, not a great look. Xbox Doomers need to be contained, some people enjoy their Xbox and don't need to read about it on every tread.
Every board seems to have a number of people that will think each platform holder is doomed in some fashion. I see plenty of doom and gloom for everyone. Hard to avoid once you get enough users. 🤷‍♂️

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Every board seems to have a number of people that will think each platform holder is doomed in some fashion. I see plenty of doom and gloom for everyone. Hard to avoid once you get enough users. 🤷‍♂️
Tell that to Sirclaw, he seems to disagree with you.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well we don't always agree on everything (female trout drive him wild for example), but I'm not a mod either.

I just don't think you should be worried about what kind of content is posted, or how it should be moderated, or contained, or any of the above. I don't want you (or any posters really) to go anywhere and I think it's easy enough to be chill and just discuss video games. :)

Also, it's pretty easy to see why there is a lot of negativity around Xbox right now. I've owned every single one ever made, including the XSX. I sold that thing, and I'm done with them completely at this point. They just aren't doing a good job.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Well we don't always agree on everything (female trout drive him wild for example), but I'm not a mod either.

I just don't think you should be worried about what kind of content is posted, or how it should be moderated, or contained, or any of the above. I don't want you (or any posters really) to go anywhere and I think it's easy enough to be chill and just discuss video games. :)

Also, it's pretty easy to see why there is a lot of negativity around Xbox right now. I've owned every single one ever made, including the XSX. I sold that thing, and I'm done with them completely at this point. They just aren't doing a good job.
To me it's pretty easy to see where the negativity about PS5 is coming from, to me we are lacking the big games that previous PlayStation consoles had and that got Sony to their current position.

A PlayStation that is just a slightly better Xbox or a lesser PC where you get ripped of to play online is not good enough for me.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
you need to stop!

You are carrying on, and on and on.

It ends now; one more and you're gone.

You seem to have a really hard time understanding when someone is doing you a favour.

Lots of people have given you good advice, take it.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
you need to stop

You are carrying on, and on and on.

It ends now; one more and you're gone.

You seem to have a really hard time understanding when some one is doing you a favor.
You seem to have a really hard time understanding that just as my attitude displeases you your attitude also displeases me, regular users are not inferior to mods and should not be banned.
Was I not correct in saying you seem to disagree with this? As your clearly had a plan to try and tone down the "doom and gloom" when it came specifically to PlayStation, I made a thread to point that hypocrisy out, my thread was locked and I was banned.

This forum has a lot more Xbox doom and gloom then PlayStation doom and gloom and only one of those seems to bother you.

If you unjustly ban me simply because I'm not subservient, so be it, I'll move on, you are the one that is going to have to live with it, knowing you couldn't properly handle your mod powers.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You seem to have a really hard time understanding that just as my attitude displeases you your attitude also displeases me, regular users are not inferior to mods and should not be banned.

Was I not correct in saying you seem to disagree with this? As your clearly had a plan to try and tone down the "doom and gloom" when it came specifically to PlayStation, I made a thread to point that hypocrisy out, my thread was locked and I was banned.

This forum has a lot more Xbox doom and gloom then PlayStation doom and gloom and only one of those seems to bother you.

If you unjustly ban me simply because I'm not subservient, so be it, I'll move on, you are the one that is going to have to live with it, knowing you couldn't properly handle your mod powers.
So why are you still here?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

It's not me who has the misunderstanding;

You are a guest on these forums; when a mod asks you to do something or refrain from engaging in something, you need to accept it and follow the rules if you can't, move on and find another site.

Everyone else seems able to do it, but for some reason, you struggle with it.

So many people have already told you to stop, but you have already made half a dozen posts bitching and moaning about me.

My goodwill towards you has run out.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's not me who has the misunderstanding;

You are a guest on these forums; when a mod asks you to do something or refrain from engaging in something, you need to accept it and follow the rules if you can't, move on and find another site.

Everyone else seems able to do it, but for some reason, you struggle with it.

So many people have already told you to stop, but you have already made half a dozen posts bitching and moaning about me.

My goodwill towards you has run out.
Disagree 100%, a regular user is not a guest. As always you seem to think that a mod is some sort of superior user, that is a misconception of the role a moderator should play in a community like this. It always goes back to this.

There is no narrative for you to control, nobody cares, just let regular users post in peace and figure it out among themselves. The users reporting other users over a deference of opinion are way more toxic than a user that is just being honest.

The entire premise of this board what that Bryank wanted a place where users wouldn't be subjected to abusive and unjust moderation.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Disagree 100%, a regular user is not a guest. As always you seem to think that a mod is some sort of superior user, that is a misconception of the role a moderator should play in a community like this. It always goes back to this.
Your fundamentals are completely warped.

Anyways back on topic, No more now!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Your fundamentals are completely warped.
Well, agree to completely disagree. We are not your servants, we are just folks trying to have a conversation in a discussion board. We are not going to mold what we say to fit some ambition you have of the board becoming more attractive to outside users.

If you want to have your cheerful echo chamber don't count with me. I hope that once you decide for permaban me you'll have the decency of deleting all my posts since apparently they are so damaging to this board image.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Well, agree to completely disagree. We are not your servants, we are just folks trying to have a conversation in a discussion board. We are not going to mold what we say to fit some ambition you have of the board becoming more attractive to outside users.
You need to follow the rules! End of story.

Happy John Candy GIF by Laff

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You need to follow the rules! End of story.

Happy John Candy GIF by Laff
Which rule did I broke? "Rules" you made up after I was already a member (if any really, disagreeing with a mod is not breaking any rules).

It always go back to this with you, you simply can't handle someone that doesn't agree with you and isn't lining up to follow your arbitrary and contradicting orders.

It's also not just me, I'm just the one that happened to not be banned (so far). Even a founding member was perma banned the other day apparently.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why should I leave? I simply have expressed my honest opinions and I haven't broken any rule at all, if people can't handle my pretty reasonable opinions that is not my problem.
Why should you leave? Because you clearly don't enjoy being here, you are acting like someone who had a crush on Suzy in high school and 10 years later saw her wedding pictures on Facebook and are melting down like a jilted lover. Just move on bro
It's not that serious

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why should you leave? Because you clearly don't enjoy being here, you are acting like someone who had a crush on Suzy in high school and 10 years later saw her wedding pictures on Facebook and are melting down like a jilted lover. Just move on bro
It's not that serious
I enjoy being here, I never said I didn't, I don't enjoy being banned and I do enjoy it less and less as many people don't seem able to tolerate people that have different opinions.

There are plenty of users I like here, even if there are even more users I dislike (now at least).