THEGAMER: I’m Glad I Sold My Xbox

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Which rule did I broke? "Rules" you made up after I was already a member (if any really, disagreeing with a mod is not breaking any rules).

It always go back to this with you, you simply can't handle someone that doesn't agree with you and follow your arbitrary and contradicting orders.

I have given you so many chances, more than you deserve.

It is time to find another site that suits your intellect and understanding.

Goodbye.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nancy Pelosi Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I have given you so many chances, more than you deserve.

It is time to find another site that.

Goodbye.

Nydius

26 Jun 2024
Too much negativity around Xbox in this board. You guys go on and on about Xbox dying, not a great look. Xbox Doomers need to be contained, some people enjoy their Xbox and don't need to read about it on every tread.

It's not "doom and gloom" when it's based on factual information. That's the critical difference between Sony or Nintendo doomers and Xbox ones. Despite slower sales, the PS5 is still outselling the PS4 in a time-adjusted comparison and the Nintendo Switch is Nintendo's longest running console that's on pace to surpass the PS2 as the best selling home console of all time. Sony is in a drought of first party content right now, sure, but when they do release first party games, they sell millions -- if not tens of millions -- in a matter of months.

Xbox, on the other hand, is in complete free fall.
These are all things we know about the Xbox brand:

The Series consoles are selling worse than the Xbox One in a time-adjusted comparison, and that's despite the Series consoles launching with a budget SKU, Game Pass firmly established, and a generous all-inclusive buy-over-time plan.​
Subscriptions plateaued over two years ago. The FTC leaks showed that combined Xbox subscriptions tallied 34 million between Game Pass (all levels) and Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft then shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic renamed Live Gold to Game Pass Core and announced this past February that total "Game Pass Subscribers" numbered 34 million. That means none of their 2023 heavy hitters moved the needle for subscriptions or only replaced people who chose to leave the service.​
Despite past claims that Game Pass users buy more, their testimony in the CMA and FTC acquisition hearings admitted the exact opposite and that Game Pass actively hampered sales. With the changes they're making to Game Pass, they're tacitly admitting that day one games, a key selling point of the service, is no longer sustainable. Third parties and indie developers have all gone on record complaining about Game Pass hurting their sales on the Xbox platform.​
They have engaged in multiple rounds of layoffs including two major studios, one of which was responsible for their most award winning title of 2023. Rumors about of more layoffs to come.​
Microsoft leadership sees the writing on the wall and are slowly dipping their foot (then leg, then body) into multiplatform publishing. They're also in the middle of a major rebranding push of "Xbox on every screen", as can be seen in the recent Fire Stick "No Console Needed" sales pitch on Amazon.​

These are all factual things that we have learned about over the last 12-24 months. Microsoft spent $80b to buy developers/publishers in an attempt to retain relevancy but all that spending spree has done is push them further towards becoming a third-party publisher with a streaming arm. It's fine to like your Xbox -- hell, I like mine when I have a reason to use it -- but it's foolish to ignore all the red flags surrounding the brand, and doubly foolish to look at them and continue to buy digital products on their platform.

Edit: Well damn. I'm a pretty fast typist and in the time it took me to type that and hit submit he went and got himself banned. Oh well.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Don't put it on me, thanks.
I mean... He made his choice lol. This was inevitable since he griped about it at every opportunity. Idk what he even expected, like inventing a time machine and going back to unban him from that time last year?

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Imagine a world where Microsoft never put Phil Spencer in the leadership position, but instead, someone who believed in creating new and unique IPs by investing in brand new studios for the Xbox during the 360 and XBone era instead of acquiring well known studios that are well passed their prime. Imagine a Sony feeling pressure during the PS4 and PS5 era. Ugh. I hate what Phil Spencer and Xbox has done to this industry.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I enjoy being here, I never said I didn't, I don't enjoy being banned and I do enjoy it less and less as many people don't seem able to tolerate people that have different opinions.

There are plenty of users I like here, even if there are even more users I dislike (now at least).

vegeta-evil.gif

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Imagine a world where Microsoft never put Phil Spencer in the leadership position, but instead, someone who believed in creating new and unique IPs by investing in brand new studios for the Xbox during the 360 and XBone era instead of acquiring well known studios that are well passed their prime. Imagine a Sony feeling pressure during the PS4 and PS5 era. Ugh. I hate what Phil Spencer and Xbox has done to this industry.
Sony could've been the goat if they improved their customer service and their rate of implementing features. instead because xbox is so incompetent sony adds basic shit like VRR after a year+ and we still don't have customizable themes

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
going on a PlayStation centric board and complaining about the negativity towards Xbox is LMAO

It wasn't genuine. Some people are having difficulty dealing with a certain type of post (doom and gloom Sony topics) being contained in their own thread. That there is complaining about other companies was being used as a sort of 'gotcha' moment.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sony could've been the goat if they improved their customer service and their rate of implementing features. instead because xbox is so incompetent sony adds basic shit like VRR after a year+ and we still don't have customizable themes
SSD expansion took almost a year 😂 and basic 5 star rating took 3 years. Laziest and slowest firmware team ever

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
I thought this was going somewhere meaningful, but then it became about VRR and themes lol.

Not to poopoo what you said. It's just that those are two elements I couldn't care less about. I hope PC handhelds (gaming centric desktops and gaming centric laptops are way too small of a niche) start to eat into PlayStation's market share and for Sony to deliver in more aggressive ways.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I thought this was going somewhere meaningful, but then it became about VRR and themes lol.

Not to poopoo what you said. It's just that those are two elements I couldn't care less about. I hope PC handhelds (gaming centric desktops and gaming centric laptops are way too small of a niche) start to eat into PlayStation's market share and for Sony to deliver in more aggressive ways.
Such as?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

POOPOO LOL ❤️

You are a dad aren't you haha

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I mean there are other improvements that could be listed, like still using the cheapest stick modules available for the controllers

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
POOPOO LOL ❤️

You are a dad aren't you haha
Lmao. Yes. Little one is 1 year 3 months. Still diapered up.

@voke such as buying studios that delivers games the audience have shown to like and not some team like Firesprite or investing to some of the smaller studios like Sucker Punch to turn them into multiple games a generation studio now that games take longer.