‘There’s going to be more change’: Phil Spencer speaks on Indy PS5 news

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I've been saying this stuff for a decade now. It doesn't take a genius to see how budgets perpetually rise and the PC base continues to grow. It also doesn't take a genius to see how much revenue 3rd party GAAS games are generating now.

This is all very predictable.

Where? You've been registered here few days ago.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KvallyX

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Looks like "Cryin Ryan" won in the end

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Hopefully some day we get a behind the scenes book of what happened at Xbox/Microsoft between 2019 and Now. They went from buying up the industry to becoming third party in the span of 3 years and I don’t think that was supposed to be the plan.
The plan was to try and bring people in with gamepass to test out games they wouldn't normally try and expected them to buy them while they played them or after they finishes them. We all knew how that was going to play out unfortunately that became their downfall because of they pulled the gamepass plug they would've had more people jump ship considering a vast majority of those subscribers didn't actually buy what they played. If they really wanted to survive they would have added most games to a 1 hour or 2 trial and then that would've forced the consumer to make a choice on supporting it or not.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Man, imagine of the next PlayStation Showcase/PS5 pro reveal opens with an appearance of Phil Spencer revealing the next batch of PS5 ports.
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Master Chief Collection
Gears of War Remastered
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
That would be better than the PS5 port of GTA V opening the Future of Gaming Showcase back in 2020

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
He's right. It's solid strategy that the fanboys are incapable of understanding. Games are the platform now. It's no longer the plastic box.
One day I will have my dream of all games being multiplat, with console buying being more similar to choosing between a Samsung or Panasonic bluray player.

Until that day comes, however, all I can say for sure is I'm glad Microsoft is going multiplat, and I hope Sony and Ninty follow suit someday.
In any case, this is wonderful news, and I hope Microsoft continues to port their games to other devices and I hope they go a step further and port not just new stuff but their old back catalog too. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, Blinx, Blinx 2, Phantom Dust, and Kameo must be freed from the shackles of the past

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Ok Phil, you just keep changing the narrative. Idiot. I will just buy games when I want and where I want. Fuck all these stupid CEO's, CFO's, LMNOP's.

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
Phill in that interview:

Bullshit. Blatant lies.
I am not defending him, I dislike Spencer since his "trick" to lure people by wearing video games tshirt to pretend being a gamer.

That said... Certainly he speaks like a politician, in half-words, but I see everyone making him say what he did not say.

1) He never said that Indy will not come to PS5 or another machine, no. He was asked "What are the four games you're releasing very soon on PS5 and/or Switch?" To which he replied "it's neither Indy nor Starfield", that's ALL. He didn't say at all that Indy or Starfield wouldn't be released elsewhere.

2) About the sentence
The amount of Xbox console players is as high as it's ever been.
It is factually true. If you count all the gamers playing in 2024 on Xbox One /Fat/S/X and Series S/X then yes, the amount of Xbox console players is very high, way more than on the 360 era.
On the 360 era everybody stopped playing OG Xbox, but now most of Series games are playing on One and vice versa, the same libraries, the same UI, etc. So yeah in that point of you it is true.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
One day I will have my dream of all games being multiplat, with console buying being more similar to choosing between a Samsung or Panasonic bluray player.

Until that day comes, however, all I can say for sure is I'm glad Microsoft is going multiplat, and I hope Sony and Ninty follow suit someday.
Shitty moves xbox is curently crumbling after doing this and you want sony and nintendo to follow

Not a chance

Reactions: Johnic

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Shitty moves xbox is curently crumbling after doing this and you want sony and nintendo to follow

Not a chance
Microsoft will be fine regardless of what happens to the Xbox console. If the Xbox console goes away then good! Less consoles I have to buy going forward. They can live just fine on games and software.

I need you to understand that as a consumer I do not care how well these companies are doing or how good or bad their consoles are doing. I only care about buying and playing games and the ease of access to said games. Xbox's moves are great for me and great for everyone! If their moves hurt the Xbox console itself then all the better.

• haha
  • thisistheway
Reactions: peter42O and Airbus

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Microsoft will be fine regardless of what happens to the Xbox console. If the Xbox console goes away then good! Less consoles I have to buy going forward. They can live just fine on software.
Next gen is the first time I am considering dropping Xbox and PS for a PC.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Next gen is the first time I am considering dropping Xbox and PS for a PC.
I don't see why anyone would buy an Xbox outside of like, casual use or interest in backwards compatibility with 360 and OG Xbox games. I'd be interested in the latter - but I already own a 360, so I'm all set.

Unironically even outside of games the PS5 is a very good media player/streaming device and its backwards compatibility with the PS4 ensures that it has some degree of value no matter what

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I don't see why anyone would buy an Xbox outside of like, casual use or interest in backwards compatibility with 360 and OG Xbox games.
I hesitate still because I have 1000 digital game library on my Xbox and a 300 digital game PS library. So I would have to keep those around to play those old games if I chose to go all in on PC.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Microsoft will be fine regardless of what happens to the Xbox console. If the Xbox console goes away then good! Less consoles I have to buy going forward. They can live just fine on games and software.

I need you to understand that as a consumer I do not care how well these companies are doing or how good or bad their consoles are doing. I only care about buying and playing games and the ease of access to said games. Xbox's moves are great for me and great for everyone! If their moves hurt the Xbox console itself then all the better.
I can tell you dont understand on how console business works

You viewpoint you can only think as a consumer

As soon as a console going multiplat with their first part line up theres no coming back from it and its games over for them

Once xbox games are coming to playstation and nintendo theres no reason to get xbox

And the same rules goes to playstation and nintendo

Your idea of advising sony and nintendo to follow xbox going multiplat after what happened now is ridiculous

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I hesitate still because I have 1000 digital game library on my Xbox and a 300 digital game PS library. So I would have to keep those around to play those old games if I chose to go all in on PC.
Well, just don't sell the consoles and you'll be fine. Selling consoles is foolish anyhow - there will always be an interesting game that you haven't played yet.

Reactions: KvallyX