Threads about Gamepass in forums are seemingly nonexistent nowadays

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
Agree 100%. It's no coincidence that once the marketing budget was slashed people stopped touting their bullshit. The coincidence is so striking that it makes me reconsider my position that adamsapple posts as an astroturfer, dude might just be legitimately lost in the sauce.

I actually posted a Neogaf Xbox fanboy tier list and he's pretty high up the ranks. SenjutsuSage is top of the charts.

I got a ban for that and my post deleted so I'll refrain from posting it. I actually have a Resetera Xbox fanboy tier list as well. Lol.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I actually posted a Neogaf Xbox fanboy tier list and he's pretty high up the ranks. SenjutsuSage is top of the charts.

I got a ban for that and my post deleted so I'll refrain from posting it. I actually have a Resetera Xbox fanboy tier list as well. Lol.
pretty sure senjutsusage is mentally ill. dude is constantly having theap99 level meltdowns on twitter

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Post it with a spoiler tag 😂, we want to see your art!

• haha
Reactions: Edmund

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
pretty sure senjutsusage is mentally ill. dude is constantly having theap99 level meltdowns on twitter

Yeah I put him far ahead of all the Xbox fanboys. Even the top tier ones on Resetera included, like T0kenAussie and Bobloblaw aren't anywhere near his level.

He's like Kibutsuji Muzan in terms of power level.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Check this thread out OP, there are still a few people trying to pretend like a 3% increase is good for GamePass, even though no user numbers have been shared for over a year and profitability is kept hidden.

MS also literally owns Zenimax and Minecraft still, so increased content revenue does not mean that Xbox itself is doing well, just the games they own.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
Has anyone else noticed the gamepass threads have vanished from the other mainstream forums?
A few years ago, there was at least one thread a week trying to positively review the Xbox Series consoles and they ALWAYS revolved the threads around gamepass. "Gamepass, gamepass, gamepass, I have thousands of games available to me" and whatnot.
The review threads used to read like some PR BS or payed ads.
And now they're gone.
As much as I'd like to believe these are paid people, I actually believe these were silly fanboys that hoped that parroting about gamepass would make forum users buy xbox consoles.
But with the release of PS Extra, gamepass became irrelevant and current trends indicate people actually don't care about subscription services in gaming.
What do you think?

I think people don't care so much about subscriptions, which is also what I thought day one. Most people don't have time to play so many games anyway. they have kids and jobs. They want the best games, they don't care about getting hundreds of mostly average and unimpressive games. People either play the 2 same GaaS forever like Fortnite or Fifa, or they wait the few yearly Sony blockbusters. Very few people care about subscriptions. A game is not a Netflix episode. It doesn't last 1 hour but more like 80 hours+, and it requires efforts. Very few people need that many games.

Then again, I understand where the cognitive dissonance comes from : for people like us on gaming forums, subscriptions may be great because unlike most people, we DO play a lot of games. So we tend to project our own tastes. But we're a minority these days. Being successful with us doesn't mean shit anymore. It seems GP numbers (they missed their growth target twice by a good margin) and Xbox console sales (-30 %) are terrible. Gaming subscriptions aren't really taking off.

As for the old GP threads, I'm pretty sure some of those people were paid. MS does a ton of astroturfing, they always have been due to the fact they're basically swimming in money. It doesn't look very successful though. Then there are the real fans and fanboys. They're more vocal than numerous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Check this thread out OP, there are still a few people trying to pretend like a 3% increase is good for GamePass, even though no user numbers have been shared for over a year and profitability is kept hidden.

MS also literally owns Zenimax and Minecraft still, so increased content revenue does not mean that Xbox itself is doing well, just the games they own.
That is basically stagnant.

Reactions: nongkris

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS+ Essentials is way better than Live Gold to anyone and PS+ Extra to most people is also much better than Game Pass.

Cheap people became irrational because of Gamepass and all the tricks that existed be able to get it without paying, now reality is setting in.

Most people would rather get a job than slave away grinding MS rewards like some of these stupid Xbox fanatics that would suck Phil Spencer's dick for a free month of Gamepass.

Also as far as Gamepass go it was a lot like VRR, as long as PlayStation didn't have it, it was all they talked about but now that PS5 has it and makes great use of it they pretend it doesn't exist.

Plays a lot of games, has a lot of free time, depends on a cheap service for something they seems to value so much.... sound a lot like MS is going after the broke and unemployed.

They want one media sub pass, probably Netflix or D+, and one XB GP Ult sub for games. Literally flip kids from Peppa Pig on Netflix, to Peppa Pig on GP.

Unless MS stop all the "free GP month when you buy Oreos", people just accrue GP as part of weekly/monthly shop; and share Netflix passwords.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Médicre People, loves mediocrity

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-45-33-432_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-45-33-432_com.android.chrome.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-46-10-941_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-46-10-941_com.android.chrome.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-41-34-019_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-41-34-019_com.android.chrome.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-42-54-917_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-42-54-917_com.android.chrome.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Médicre People, loves mediocrity
Thing is they're lying. I'm sure they buy games on their PS, PC and Switch.
Just like they lie and pretend to buy a switch copy of a game so they can "legally" emulate it. BS. They pirate it.
This is all performative to the forum. This forum is overly performative.
One day they'll realize Era is irrelevant.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Of course they have to say GT7 was mediocre and Ragnarok not worth it. Always have to get their jabs on Sony first-party and not on all the full-price games releasing every week.

It's like Sony is the only one releasing games on the market.
Someone gets burned by a day one purchase? How long has this person gaming? I rarely buy games day one but the ones I do, I'm 100% sure I'll like.
This guy is probably some tool with an impulse buy disorder.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Of course they have to say GT7 was mediocre and Ragnarok not worth it. Always have to get their jabs on Sony first-party and not on all the full-price games releasing every week.

It's like Sony is the only one releasing games on the market.
They always throw a shade to Sony games, (horizont the most) but the real thing, its they wished these were Microsoft games

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters