TLOU Part 2 Sold 10 million. Additional info, leaked slides have TLOU 1 at 30 mil sold through collectively.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
As others have said, not sure how we can compare the two. Give it another 10 years.

Also, happy to see Days Gone on there. Sold well.
Do we really need to wait for 10 years for that

It doesnt take 10 years for gow and horizon zero dawn to reach 23-24 million

Its time to admit tlou 2 underperformed compared to tlou1

Naughty Dog was at all time high during that time

Imo tlou2 should be way up there on top with hzd and gow

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So instead of getting rid and clean of the perpetrators from the office..sony would rather getting rid of / entirely cutting ties with their mutual partner for years and losing another first party developer partnership...doesnt seems like a wise decision...

This gen we already lost hideo kojima, quantic dream, ready at dawn, etc
Well the perpetrator was the David Cage 😆. But even so I think they fell for the forced outrage and hate train Quantic Dream was getting. They really messed up though not acquiring Quantic Dream such a unique studio and a tech powerhouse.

Don't even get me started on Ready At Dawn... They were done extremely dirty by Sony. Even they remained so loyal to PlayStation even after Meta bought them. They were one do the few publicly calling out the smear campaign against PS5 specs earlier this gen.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

It doenst take 10 years for gow and horizon zero dawn to reach 23-24 million

The remaster gave people a false inflated impression that the franchise was a bigger sales juggernaut than it really was.

There was never 20 million unique buyers. If anything Part 2 shows the real sales base for the Franchise.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

It doenst take 10 years for gow and horizon zero dawn to reach 23-24 million

Best and fair comparison would be what they sold in same given time period. When you have remaster upon remaster, bundles and diff variables it def makes a difference. Tlou 2 did not underperform.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If this is mindset people have with TLOU 2 sales... GTA 6 will the biggest commercial flop ever then since there's not 190+ million unique buyers lol

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Best and fair comparison would be what they sold in same given time period. When you have remaster upon remaster, bundles and diff variables it def makes a difference. Tlou 2 did not underperform.
For me it kinda did

Almost got outsold by ghost of tsushima a new ip from sucker punch which back than wasnt nearly as great or popular as naughty dog

The other two games on top ( gow and hzd) doesnt have remaster right?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For comparison tlou remaster sold 1.3 million its launch week. Tlou 2 sold 4 million during its release weekend.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

The data from the slides shows that TLOU2 sold 10M copies in less than 2 years. It only underperformed in your brain.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For me it kinda did

Almost got outsold by ghost of tsushima a new ip from sucker punch which back than wasnt nearly as great or popular as naughty dog

The other two games on top ( gow and hzd) doesnt have remaster right?
Nah those don't have remasters.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Well the perpetrator was the David Cage 😆. But even so I think they fell for the forced outrage and hate train Quantic Dream was getting. They really messed up though not acquiring Quantic Dream such a unique studio and a tech powerhouse.

Don't even get me started on Ready At Dawn... They were done extremely dirty by Sony. Even they remained so loyal to PlayStation even after Meta bought them. They were one do the few publicly calling out the smear campaign against PS5 specs earlier this gen.
It realy bogles my mind when xbox acquiring major publishers like bethesda, activision blizzard etc

Meanwhile playstation letting go partners like ready at dawn, liverpool studios, evolution studios, quantic dream etc

Chasing fad securing temporary exclusive deals like cod deals, bungie tasking other studio making gaas games etc i mean wtf were they thinking

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

It is tracking ahead TLOU.
And I way say more it will very likely hit 17 million before 4.8 years.

Both Zero Dawn and GoW launched over 2 years before TLOU2, received PS5 upgrades and includes PC sales.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
The data from the slides shows that TLOU2 sold 10M copies in less than 2 years. It only underperformed in your brain.
No need for the rude comments. PS4 was on all time high in 2020. Considering Naughty Dog status and stardom level it should be doing much bettter.

I mean it almost got beaten by ghost of tsushima ( a brand new game from sucker punch, a rather unknown quantity studio at that point) releasing at the same year

I think the controversy surounding tlou2 and bad word of mouth from people kinda kills it momentum

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
No need for the rude comments. PS4 was on all time high in 2020. Considering Naughty Dog status and stardom level it should be doing much bettter.

I mean it almost got beaten by ghost of tsushima ( a brand new game from sucker punch, a rather unknown quantity studio at that point) releasing at the same year

I think the controversy surounding tlou2 and bad word of mouth from people kinda kills it momentum

Sold 10M in less than 2 years. Ghost of Tsushima is the odd one that over performed, not the other way around. With the Remaster and the shows boost in 2023, it's very likely it will reach 14 or 15M in 2024.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Sold 10M in less than 2 years. Ghost of Tsushima is the odd one that over performed, not the other way around. With the Remaster and the shows boost in 2023, it's very likely it will reach 14 or 15M in 2024.
When u compare these two ND game : tlou2 with uncharted 4 it become more apparent

There was alot more ps4 in 2020 compared to 2016 ( the year when uncharted 4 came out) and yet uncharted 4 can climb it way up there

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
When u compare these two ND game : tlou2 with uncharted 4 it become more apparent

There was alot more ps4 in 2020 compared to 2016 ( the year when uncharted 4 came out) and yet uncharted 4 can climb it way up there
Uncharted 4 sold 16M copies or whatever in 6 years. TLOU2 sold 10M in less than 2. You're trying to build a narrative where it really doesn't exist.

Edit: sorry, 18M in 6 years.

• Surprised
Reactions: Airbus and ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Uncharted 4 was aggressively bundled though?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Uncharted 4 sold 8.7 million copies in around 8 months.
Whatever it sold more or less than 10 million in more 12 months is unknown.

But hey with ~3.5 years it sold 16 million.
TLOU2 needs more 1.7 years to us have comparable data.