TLOU Part 2 Sold 10 million. Additional info, leaked slides have TLOU 1 at 30 mil sold through collectively.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
But end of the road uncharted 4 sitting at 18 million and tlou 2 at 10 million ( almost got beaten by ghost of tsushima) the game which i dont remember receives any bundles
Unfair comparision:
  • Uncharted 4 18.7M units is after around 5 years and 8 months (it generated $585M, average of $31.3/copy)
  • TLOU2: 10.3M units is after around only a year and a half (it generated $447M, average of $43.4/copy)
Uncharted 4 has been sold during almost 4x more time, so had more time to sell copies. Specially discounted/bundled ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223

Title is misleading and should have had a mod edit.

No better example of effective, yet misleading clickbait.

3 yrs vs. 10 years ain't close, regardless of whether TLOU and its several versions end up winning out a decade from now when sales die out completely for TLOU 2.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
When u realize detroit become human outsell god of war 3, horizon forbidden west, uncharted 2, bloodborne, etc

Love that game
Give Up GIF

Fukin hell why are sony letting go quantic dreams ? Cursed you jimbo
Because they are dumb. They let suppernassive go too. And many others. They do a great job of recruiting some studios like Insomniac, Bluepoint and HouseMarque but also really dumb on losing so many partners and studios who made exclusives for them

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I mean after a decade and being the most bundled first party game ever that's to be expected.

The Last of Us 2 sales probably shows the true die hard base for the franchise and I'm sure it's sold over 11 million by now.

The sales for the game is excellent.
I never got a chance to buy TLoU 2 two or three times yet.

Maybe the second season of the show will sell copies of TLoU II as well (I didn't like the 1st season for the most part, but this is a protected show, so I'll stop it there)...

Still, what I get from some of the sales numbers that we have seen is that taking a risk on a new IP is really worth it, they seem to sell just as well as existing IP's sequels.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The shills did a good job of making fans not buy the game due to spoilers.
It was a better game in almost every way than the first, PS fans fell for the MS trap

Reactions: Puff

DForce

24 Jun 2022

Thats insane. Thats means the series is near 45 million before the remaster of 2 drops

I'm confused because this chart is dated Feb 5th, 2023 and they announced that the franchise has sold over 37 million copies as of December 2022.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I'm confused because this chart is dated Feb 5th, 2023 and they announced that the franchise has sold over 37 million copies as of December 2022.
No no, he is right. When the remake of 2 comes out. We are getting a remaster now, remember? Not a remake yet.

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023

The presentation is only referencing the 3 SKUs of TLOU 1.

These figure do no include any Part 2 sales.

Just like Uncharted is only referencing Uncharted 4, Lost legacy and Legacy of thieves collection.

So TLOU franchise sales are well over 40 million by now. Probably be 50 million easily by the time season 2 of the show airs.

Title of the thread is still poor imo. TLOU2 sales data is only for a year and half after release. Making a comparison versus a 3 SKU (4 with PC) game that's out over 10 years is just nonsensical.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The presentation is only referencing the 3 SKUs of TLOU 1.

These figure do no include any Part 2 sales.

Just like Uncharted is only referencing Uncharted 4, Lost legacy and Legacy of thieves collection.

So TLOU franchise sales are well over 40 million by now. Probably be 50 million easily by the time season 2 of the show airs.

Also the title of this thread really needs a mod edit. It's quite frankly nonsense.
That is correct. Also get use to some titles being tht way as we tend to update certain similar threads instead of making a bunch of seperate threads about similar info. Titles can only hold a certain amount of characters.

Reactions: ElCapitano

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
It sold significantly more than part 1 when aligned.

Correct. And while I don't think it'll ever hit the 30 million Part 1 has hit.

I think that easily understandable and explainable due to bundles and 3 SKUs etc etc.

I think over 10+ years it might get to about 25 mil. Hell even if it only got to 20+ mil it would have made much more money than the first game.

Also we don't know how or if they count upgraded copies of the game. So does an upgraded copy of Part 2 PS4 to PS5 count as a unit sale?

I'd argue it should because bundles count but who knows.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, it can't.
Momentum for the game was gone after the first couple of months.
That is not true.
It sold over 5 millions after these first couple of months... and that before the TV Show hit that increase sales.
Against the haters it moment never stopped and got even better after the TV Show (you could regularly see it back to charts).

Right now it is living it second biggest sales moment with the remastered launch.

IMO it will easily beat these 7 million before Spring 2025.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That is not true.
It sold over 5 millions after these first couple of months... and that before the TV Show hit that increase sales.
Against the hates it moment never stopped and got even better after the TV Show (you could regularly see it back to charts).

Right now it is living it second biggest sales moment with the remastered launch.

IMO it will easily beat these 7 million before Spring 2025.
If Remastered/upgrade is counted as one towards a collective amount, it will sell millions more.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Remastered is where is counted most of the sales of original TLOU.
The first release (PS3) sold like 7 million or so.
Yeah I saw tht. Remastered is/was a great selling strategy that is proven to sell millions upon millions more for certain games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty