[Tom Henderson] God of War Ragnarok is 40 Hours in Length

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sure, it would need to be more like Elden Ring style and even then there was a good bit of re-usage of enemies in that.

I hope it's nothing like Elden Ring. They may introduce a horse as an innovation, we never know.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Fuuuuuuuck Tom and other leakers. I didn’t had to know that

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
A 40 hour game to most folks that got a life (not saying you) are gonna take 60-100 to plat. So 40 hours is good. Most people i would figure play games slower than play testers video games.
it is not actually 40h game. 20h story and it is shorter then 2018. and this is suppose to be way bigger, 2 games combined. Horizon both parts, GoT, last of us 2, days gone and etc are longer. i know, i will love the game, but it is disappointing, at least for me.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I was expecting it to be longer but 20 hours is still good. TLOU is 15 hours to beat the campaign and I like its length

This could be good for the pacing

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
@Oogabooga ,@Airbus

Both of you act you're own age. Game is not even out yet. 40 Hours of content total is fine, especially if main game is 15 or so hours. But honestly if its more of what God of war 2018 I'm all in.

But again we have to wait. Knee jerk reactions and reactions to knee jerk comments dont do anything but make both of you look like bickering children.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How about you check the other guy post history first

Long history of stupidity

Then report it, let people die on their comments.

Don't stoop to that level. Because all it turns into is he said/ she said bickering and ruining the thread.

D

Deleted member 51

Sounds perfect to me. Around 15-20 hours of main story including cinematics plus the aprox. same amount for secondary and extra stuff is the length I want for AAA games.

I don't want them to artificially grow it with repetitive tasks way beyond that.
This sounds like the perfect amount of time. Anything longer would be repetitive like you said. I have yet to finish death stranding for this same reason.

I love multiplayer games, overwatch 2 comes out today!

Edit: oh shit, what did i just walk into? Replied on page 1 of 2, didn't expect this.

D

Deleted member 51

Knock it off @Oogabooga @Airbus , I'm not taking sides here. Deal with it in PM's. Fight to the death, but not in public space y'all

D

Deleted member 51

Guys. Let's please keep it civilized. We can all argue a point. Good conversations are more than welcome, but we won't take drivel and antagonization. Y'all two knock it off. Last chance. Take it to PM if anything. Last warning

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
@Oogabooga @Airbus We all get heated sometimes.... if it gets too intense, try and take a break or put the other person on ignore for a while.

We love our community and it is hard to see arguemnts go too far.

<3

Reactions: Oogabooga

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Whether this game was 40 hours for the campaign or 20 hours, people would be outraged. Thats just the way it is these days

I’m sure this isn’t the end of the ragnarok concern

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Seems low for 9 realms and a game that finishes the Nordic saga. Expecting 60-70h.
it is like 2h in each realm, like what? it should have been at least 4h. some just treating this like a single game, while in reality they glued 2 games to finish whole Nordic saga.

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
it is like 2h in each realm, like what? it should have been at least 4h. some just treating this like a single game, while in reality they glued 2 games to finish whole Nordic saga.
Dude, no way this 40h rumour is true. Horizon FW had less to tell and the game was way bigger than 40h. Even the first GOW was more than 40h including Side content.