Tom Warren "most ppl at Xbox don't know the full details of what Microsoft will discuss next week 1st-party games.Tom Henderson also agrees/comments.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
"I just wanna make it very clear that most folks in Xbox don't know the full details of what Microsoft will discuss next week. So people that are backtracking on certain stuff never really knew either."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi....813255/page-81?post=118756533#post-118756533

Tom Henderson comments as well.

According to Tom Henderson sources inside Xbox, the only ports coming to PS5/NS is Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi. Xbox was very surprised by the scale the rumors got.

Make of this what you will, but speaking with a few folk over there, they [xbox] was very surprised at the extent of the "rumours" because nothing was set in stone apart from Hi-Fi and SoT from what I've gathered. Honestly sounds like for the most part it's been a prime example of Chinese whispers or people just making shit up to capitalise off the hysteria. It will be interesting to see what is said because the rumours seem to be fueling decisions that might need more time in the oven so to speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: solidsnake_1

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What has been said and I wholeheartedly agree is that if Microsoft are the ones behind the announcement, Xbox is fucked. It's a big If, but coming true, Xbox's leadership is gone, they will all retire soon.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What has been said and I wholeheartedly agree is that if Microsoft are the ones behind the announcement, Xbox is fucked. It's a big If, but coming true, Xbox's leadership is gone, they will all retire soon.
Yeah it will be Mucrosoft/Xbox behind the announcement, it will be an announcement to confirm their 3rd party plans and we know the rest.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yeah it will be Mucrosoft/Xbox behind the announcement, it will be an announcement to confirm their 3rd party plans and we know the rest.
The amount of chaos that will occur. It’s one thing to go 3rd party after a generation it’s another to go in the middle of a generation. Imagine buying a Xbox series console just for them to release games on PS & Nintendo really Xbox fans waited 10 years for Xbox to have exclusive went there way as to push consolidation & cheer 3rd party publisher buyout & those franchise to never show up on PS just for all Xbox franchise to make its way not just to PS but possibly Nintendo.

There’s no middle line for Xbox fans even if it’s small games like HIFI rush or SOT people will wait & ignore Xbox & say they’re games will eventually release on PS & Nintendo & or it will evolve to bigger biggest games going multiplat. Or day 1 gamepass is no longer a thing which makes GP obsolete. Xbox fans have been trained that they can get AAA games for as low as 1$ to 15$ I don’t see sales improving if they get rid of day 1 GP & MS isn’t gonna reverse day 1 PC which has also devalued there console all round very tough position for MS & Xbox fans

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
My 2 cents

No one knows because not even MS knows. If MS was confident with their vision, they would have done their blog last Monday after all hell broke lose. A lot can happen in 1 week.

If let's say MS did indeed reverse some of their decisions due to backlash (again), ir doesn't mean the insiders had it wrong either.

No matter what, even if they decided not to port certain games, I still think it's temporary till the waters calm down. No way they will hold these games exclusive to an ecosystem with no growth.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The amount of chaos that will occur. It’s one thing to go 3rd party after a generation it’s another to go in the middle of a generation. Imagine buying a Xbox series console just for them to release games on PS & Nintendo really Xbox fans waited 10 years for Xbox to have exclusive went there way as to push consolidation & cheer 3rd party publisher buyout & those franchise to never show up on PS just for all Xbox franchise to make its way not just to PS but possibly Nintendo.

There’s no middle line for Xbox fans even if it’s small games like HIFI rush or SOT people will wait & ignore Xbox & say they’re games will eventually release on PS & Nintendo & or it will evolve to bigger biggest games going multiplat. Or day 1 gamepass is no longer a thing which makes GP obsolete. Xbox fans have been trained that they can get AAA games for as low as 1$ to 15$ I don’t see sales improving if they get rid of day 1 GP & MS isn’t gonna reverse day 1 PC which has also devalued there console all round very tough position for MS & Xbox fans
Chaos for fans but Microsoft wants to make money so not chaos for them. The writing was on the wall for so long they haven't excelled or really made profit in gaming for years. Board members complained and they had nothing compelling. They started hiding numbers, talking about engagement and using every trick in the book to hide the bad reality of Xbox's division. Their reports would focus on revenue instead of profit, etc.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
My 2 cents

No one knows because not even MS knows. If MS was confident with their vision, they would have done their blog last Monday after all hell broke lose. A lot can happen in 1 week.

If let's say MS did indeed reverse some of their decisions due to backlash (again), ir doesn't mean the insiders had it wrong either.

No matter what, even if they decided not to port certain games, I still think it's temporary till the waters calm down. No way they will hold these games exclusive to an ecosystem with no growth.
You do not make these kinds of business decisions on a whim, especially if you're a company as big as Microsoft. This is not about changing plans on pricing like Unity did, this is about their whole business strategy. It's very likely that this has been in the works for months. They had to source dev machines, they had to get the right talent for ports, hell they have to have marketing materials ready.

Microsoft absolutely knows and has a plan. If the plan was to not release third party they would have debunked that by now due to the reputational damage. The only thing I can see happening is them spinning this further or changing the timelines or announcements of certain things due to said reputational damage, so as to soften the blow.

TLDR: Whatever's to happen next week has been planned for months.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The simple fact that they announced this for next week, should tell you all there is.

You don't host a "business update" a week in advance to say: "We're gonna keep doing the same thing.".
Exactly.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You do not make these kinds of business decisions on a whim, especially if you're a company as big as Microsoft. This is not about changing plans on pricing like Unity did, this is about their whole business strategy. It's very likely that this has been in the works for months. They had to source dev machines, they had to get the right talent for ports, hell they have to have marketing materials ready.

Microsoft absolutely knows and has a plan. If the plan was to not release third party they would have debunked that by now due to the reputational damage. The only thing I can see happening is them spinning this further or changing the timelines or announcements of certain things due to said reputational damage, so as to soften the blow.

Absolutely.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I bet rigth now they are deciding between another round of bullshit or making Phil Spencer the new Don Mattrik.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I bet rigth now they are deciding between another round of bullshit or making Phil Spencer the new Don Mattrik.
Animated GIF

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Gonna call his bluff. Xbox knows, this just gives Phil plausible deniability that it wasn’t his idea and his hands are clean of all of this.

Reactions: Shmunter

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Sega went 3rd party in the beginning of the Gen.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DocRay

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023

You are talking about same company who did a complete 180 with XB1 overnight. You had to update the system to bypass the initial DRM code. Their whole strategy with system went out with window due to backlash.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
You are talking about same company who did a complete 180 with XB1 overnight. You had to update the system to bypass the initial DRM code. Their whole strategy with system went out with window due to backlash.
The difference is that pivot was made because it affected their bottom line. This pivot is being made because their bottom line is already shit. Whatever Cult Eastwood and Jiz Condom say won't change that. This is not the internet's voice, this is the voice of a handful of xbox luntatics.

Reactions: Johnic