Tom Warren "most ppl at Xbox don't know the full details of what Microsoft will discuss next week 1st-party games.Tom Henderson also agrees/comments.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
For his sake he better pray that's his backpedaling ends up true cause if not dude's gonna have to exit out of that forum and go dark for a while. Lol.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to Tom Henderson sources inside Xbox, the only ports coming to PS5/NS is Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi. Xbox was very surprised by the scale the rumors got.

Make of this what you will, but speaking with a few folk over there, they [xbox] was very surprised at the extent of the "rumours" because nothing was set in stone apart from Hi-Fi and SoT from what I've gathered. Honestly sounds like for the most part it's been a prime example of Chinese whispers or people just making shit up to capitalise off the hysteria. It will be interesting to see what is said because the rumours seem to be fueling decisions that might need more time in the oven so to speak.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They are baffled people figured out their strategy once the first moves leaked. Many people, myself included, had figured out this was the inevitable outcome the moment the Series flopped and they went and bought Bethesda.

Xbox is just too small and going nowhere because they trained the few people that stuck to into not buying games. All the bad momentum from Xbox exposes the Gamepass strategy as well as it is much harder for it to grow outside of Xbox and once it becomes clear it will never be big enough to justify all they have invested in it.

Nobody should be expecting all ports to be announced next week, what we will see are the first steps in their plan to discontinue Xbox as we know it.

Given the massively negative reaction they are probably trying to roll back or spins this but it's way too late now, Xbox died the moment they allowed the rumors to take over the narrative.

Last edited:

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
This really feels like 2013 all over again.
"We were totally not going to do that, honest!"
It is, my main job was to build a machine that could recreate 2013 over and over again for Sony and Microsoft. I succeeded.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
When you guys will continue taking what a guy that tells you"Chinese whispers" says?
These guys are trying to even put the blame int he "Chinese whispers" for their fear of being wrong lol

The truth is.

If MS considered one game on PlayStation then they considered all.
Of course nobody will announce or release all MS exclusives on PlayStation in one week.
They will feel the waters (I mean sales) with smaller titles and thought the time more will be announced released.

Remember when Sony started with the first PC Port?
Well Sony is still releasing PC ports each 3-4 months... but a lot of games are still not released.

MS will do the same.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Think he's just damage controlling. Unless that Sneaker guys says otherwise, it's on. This guy got spooked for some reason. Probably threatened by either MS themselves or some zealots.
Nate and Tom> gaf warrior rat(sneakerso)

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My other thread comment fit perfectly in this one lol

When you guys will continue taking what a guy that tells you"Chinese whispers" says?
These guys are trying to even put the blame int he "Chinese whispers" for their fear of being wrong lol

The truth is.

If MS considered one game on PlayStation then they considered all.
Of course nobody will announce or release all MS exclusives on PlayStation in one week.
They will feel the waters (I mean sales) with smaller titles and thought the time more will be announced released.

Remember when Sony started with the first PC Port?
Well Sony is still releasing PC ports each 3-4 months... but a lot of games are still not released.

MS will do the same.

PS. I see "Chinese whispers" very weird... I mean a bit racist... because the real name here is not that... we use the name "Mute telephone" for the same children game.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW.

What Jason said?
Him being mute just tells me that most of things these "insiders" are saying are not accurate at all :D

When you see a Bloomberg article striking it means the truth is finally revealed.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So they really wanted to slow cook Xbox fans and ride out the rest of the gen while slowly setting things in motion but now things got out of control and they are forced to reveal (and decide) their long term plans. :ROFLMAO:

Phil Spencer never disappoints in how bad he is at running Xbox and somehow Satya Nadella doesn't just get fed up with him.

All along it was obvious where things were headed but MS leadership is so out of touch that they are only figuring out things now. Phil Spencer plan was clearly trying to outspend Sony out of the console space but they ended up making their Xbox business unsustainable.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic