Totoki PS President wants to improve margins with releases outside console.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
  • Selling more consoles at a loss means less profit now, but more in the future via games, subs and accesories
  • Growing their internal studios and making some acquisition means less profit now but more
  • Cost of previous acquisiions means less profit now, but more in the future because they will make more games
These are all investments that will result in more revenue and profitability in the future, nothing wrong with it. Same goes with many other posts that could be there like greenlighting new games or making more deals with 3rds or 2nd.

The opposite, they posted many all time records this quarter. Including revenue, consoles sold, games sold, MAU, game subs revenue, revenue from SIE games outside PS.

There is nohing wrong with these numbers at all.
Shares at -4,33% with the results.
Nah... you are just trying to cover the issue.

The results were bad... revenue increase with profit drop is bad in any company in the world.
BTW that is about the game division.

If you look at others division it was really great like:

Reactions: Nimrota and Diah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Definitely got another four years of this.
PS5 was released almost exactly 7 years after the PS4, which was released almost exatcly 7 years after PS3.

I thtink PS6 will relesae almost exactly 7 years after the PS5, in November 2027. And that PS5 will be supported -as happened with all previous PS consoles- during at least 10 years.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just a out colors in what was Good, Okay and Bad on Q3 FY23.
The only segment bad was Game & Network Services... of course it is the main pilar of Sony nowdays (the one with more revenue & profit).

image-2024-02-14-162518488.png

• Informative
Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PS5 was released almost exactly 7 years after the PS4, which was released almost exatcly 7 years after PS3.

I thtink PS6 will relesae almost exactly 7 years after the PS5, in November 2027. And that PS5 will be supported -as happened with all previous PS consoles- during at least 10 years.
Thts what I'm saying three to four more years of this. Yes Sony doesn't drop support of an existing console for a new one inbound for several years, it's always been like that. Tht is this whole cross gen thing.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Its literally what started it.
Xbox 360 many true exclusives. Reasons to own an xbox.

Xbox announces they will be releasing games day 1 on PC. Lots of comments from PC fans saying, I no longer need to get a Xbox then. Lots of people claiming there games are no long exclusives. It was a thing. Xbox 1 never recovered.

Years later they do gamepass, that killed software sales.
It wasnt Gamepass that killed them, that just finished there software sales off
Nope.
It was already doing bad.
Microsoft SUCKS at marketing.
They've never marketed the console enough, never really invested in markets outside english speaking countries.
They had no good games at all.
A decade of blunder, no 3rd party associated with it, bad partnering while Sony was making Playstation = gaming.
MS was already doing bad before the PC day one experiment.
It did not make a difference. It would die regardless of it.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sony when they lose all their royalties and hardware revenue and then raise the price on their first party games to compensate
images (19) (11).jpeg

• haha
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom
16 Feb 2023
If they're going day and date I hope they get discord working first so I can still speak with the friends I leave behind when I switch to PC.

• haha
Reactions: Diah

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
These days, every time a Sony exec opens their mouth it does nothing but generate bad press and makes their products look even less desirable.

How did we go from people like Kaz, who were passionate about PlayStation, to this?
Every company is going to have people strictly about business and profits. The sony president is that guy.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I bet Jim Ryan was tired of dealing with this bean counter.
I wouldn't be surprised if jim was a barrier to going day and date on pc. Heck last year he even gave a nod to alot of fan concerns of going day and date.

When people celebrated Jim retiring, my first thought is shit who are they gonna replace him with.

This guy being interim sie ceo is a disaster aswell, he will have a say in who takes over.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if jim was a barrier to going day and date on pc. Heck last year he even gave a nod to alot of fan concerns of going day and date.

When people celebrated Jim retiring, my first thought is shit who are they gonna replace him with.

This guy being interim sie ceo is a disaster aswell, he will have a say in who takes over.
Sony CEO sucks, another former CFO and he is the one that keeps selecting these guys.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I wish playstation was spin off Sony back when Sony was in deep shit. Funny how they were good when they were struggling to survive. Now that they are making huge money, they decided they want all the money.

Reactions: Diah and Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
These days, every time a Sony exec opens their mouth it does nothing but generate bad press and makes their products look even less desirable.

How did we go from people like Kaz, who were passionate about PlayStation, to this?
Thts why it's best when they don't say shit which is what they were doing up until a year ago. Leave tht for the bozo execs at Microsoft

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JamieRose95

7 Feb 2024
Is it? Once people stop buying consoles we're do you think will come from?
People will buy consoles because pcs are expensive plus a lot of people love playing on the sofa. So always going to be consoles. Tbh if god of war was released on same day on pc it would sell millions you know it everyone knows that.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
People will buy consoles because pcs are expensive plus a lot of people love playing on the sofa. So always going to be consoles. Tbh if god of war was released on same day on pc it would sell millions you know it everyone knows that.
Of course it would.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Yeah no is saying it wouldn't. But if you want to sell consoles you need exclusives. Look at the amount of people that were playing starfield on steam not even talking about Microsoft store instead of buying an xbox. How do you think Sony can afford having free suits on spiderman and every other marvel game is riddle with microtransactions. Because their goal is to entice people buying their hardware. You take that away the goal will be how much money we can squeeze out of these fools. Xbox is literally the living proof this put games everywhere doesn't work if you want to sell consoles.