Turns out Final Fantasy XVI is filled with people of color. Why is the media not talking about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The game has lots of non white characters, I’ll list a few ones to illustrate:
1690666400359.jpeg

Hugo Kupka

1690666432072.jpeg
L’ubor

1690666504125.jpeg

Vívian

This is the most diverse cast the series has even had.
And a month later, nobody is talking about it.
Remember when we had over a year of articles calling the game racist?
Remember that shitty euro gamer (digital foundry) article saying irrelevant forum users would boycott the game?

Turns out not only major characters are people of color, there’s an entire nation of non whites in the game, Dalmekia.

And guess what? The same virtue signalers that spent more than a year crying about this are nowhere to be found. Instead, now their efforts are to downplay the game’s success and shit on it all the time.
Just needed to vent a little.

24 Jun 2022
That's because POC was just code for not having any black or Sub-Saharan African characters. The people complaining just didn't want to outright say it. These are also usually the same people who tend to think all black people have to look a certain way in order to be considered black, to the point of looking like a caricature or stereotype.

The funny part is the ones who were complaining and trying to stir up boycotts were mostly white ultra-progressives like the Eurogamer staff that turns out to have virtually no non-white people employed whatsoever.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Mediterraneans look like this. Does that make them not to be considered white? Do we accept these labels? I wouldn’t. More race drama to promote segregation and racism by so-called progressives. They love this shit.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I am not white and I never care aboutthis bullshit.
And I also hate if they force people of color specially if they have to force change my favorite character from white to other color because of inclusiveness.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Mediterraneans look like this. Does that make them not to be considered white? Do we accept these labels? I wouldn’t. More race drama to promote segregation and racism by so-called progressives. They love this shit.

No we do not, they very clearly have a North African/Levantine phenotype.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
you guys still butthurt over that? those are white people with a tan.

They are very obviously Arab/Berber not white.
I guess the issue was the game not having black and not Mediterranean (there is whole country).
Why does every piece of media need a sub Saharan black man? Even the New Assassins Creed game set in Japan has a black man.

What is with the Americans weird obesseion with Black men?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The funny part is the ones who were complaining and trying to stir up boycotts were mostly white ultra-progressives like the Eurogamer staff that turns out to have virtually no non-white people employed whatsoever.
Yes! Easily the funniest part of the whole thing. And the thin-skinned staff making their Twitter accounts private after people pointed it out.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
They are very obviously Arab/Berber not white.

Why does every piece of media need a sub Saharan black man? Even the New Assassins Creed game set in Japan has a black man.

What is with the Americans weird obesseion with Black men?
Cultural Marxism

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
concerted effort to take this game down because they're jealous its an exclusive.

Nothing else to see, no if and or buts. This game has had completely unfair treatment in the media since day 1.

The media did this during the ps3 days, Microsoft paid a bunch of outlets to have a anti japanese game narrative.
they are but continue

They are very obviously Arab/Berber with some Persian influence. Get your eyes checked.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If you have the time, this will explain everything and equip one with invaluable critical viewpoint going forward….

ok, but the things he's describing sound like reality. It sounds like marx had the right of it. People with power work to preserve that power and status by oppressing those without. But "cultural marxism" as it would have it, by his description would be seeking to abolish a dominant race as a norm (e.g. "white"). If that were true then these cultural marxists would be celebrating that a non-white developer managed to create a truly epic story and game that "white" westerners did not.

The truth is these attack pieces aren't cultural marxism. They are people shouting for attention, using language they know to be able to garner controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.