Turns out Final Fantasy XVI is filled with people of color. Why is the media not talking about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
if it was just kotaku, it would be fine but it’s hardly just them. There was a conscious effort to make the game look racist by the media, starting with disingenuous questions by IGN and it only got worse.
Now that the game is out and it has POC, even if not stereotypical black people, these same virtue signalers are nowhere to be found.

I think it's because it was never about inclusiveness or diversity, it was about stirring outrage for easy clicks. The same people and media outlets have been doing it over and over for ages now. If the issue was truly important to them, there would be articles lauding the game for its representation. The fact that there isn't says it all, really.

Reactions: Box

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The point is it dismantles a talking point that was used against the game to generate disdain and controversy, and take wind out of its sails before release. Mainly because it was used as a proxy against PlayStation for having a big exclusive launching that also happened to be a big 3P AAA Japanese game not launching on Xbox or even PC

After FF16, Spider-Man 2 is next in line

Get ready for another low score

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Arabs are white.
Indians are technically white too. They can get much darker and still be white.

If we're specifically talking about skin tone, neither the Middle Eastern nor the Indian are white. Sure, there may be the occasional "white" person, but they are mostly darker than olive.

0676aa4a-4845-4972-b16d-80362153007f.jpg

fitzpatrick-skin-type-1024x356-1.png

Reactions: Box and Swift_Star

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This shit like the fake ass blm who will protest or cancel when a non minority person does something but they never on the blocks or in the hood when we killing eachother. They aren't there when we achieve and do great things. They don't protest or care about our advancements or our missteps all they have is a specific agenda.

This stuff is non news for most.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
This shit like the fake ass blm who will protest or cancel when a non minority person does something but they never on the blocks or in the hood when we killing eachother. They aren't there when we achieve and do great things. They don't protest or care about our advancements or our missteps all they have is a specific agenda.

Gee whiz thanks for that amazing monologue you’ve contributed so much to the conversation. 🙄anyway that has nothing to do with the games representation problem! With ff square has the opportunity to create unique fantasy worlds filled with all soughts of imaginative cultures and ppls but they choose to populate the world with only Europeans, even tho Europe doesn’t exist in this world because they wanted “realism”! It really doesn’t make any sense and it’s just lazy

• haha
Reactions: Banana

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Would the people "in the hood" stop killing each other if they were being protested?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I’m I’m not middle age or white so I can’t speak for what middle age white men wabt. But idk how about having ppl from a region that’s supposed to be culturally and geographically be middle eastern actually be middle eastern. They didn’t even try to make the ppl sound different they all have British accents.

If we're specifically talking about skin tone, neither the Middle Eastern nor the Indian are white. Sure, there may be the occasional "white" person, but they are mostly darker than olive.

0676aa4a-4845-4972-b16d-80362153007f.jpg

fitzpatrick-skin-type-1024x356-1.png

Anyone calling the Dhalmakians "white" needs to get their eyes checked.

They look like Morrocan/Algerians which is what they are very obviously based on.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This forum is quickly turning into a slightly more sanitized Stormfront space. Think I'm just gonna dip out for a while.
I don't know what stormfront reads like but I'm pretty sure it's not this. You have people who (ironically) don't see colour and so everyone is white to them, and people pushing back against the Resetera worldview, but that's the extent of it.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Would the people "in the hood" stop killing each other if they were being protested?
That's what you got from my post? I said they are never around when Carlos or Jerome is squeezing tht gat over gang nonsense and killing innocent bystanders and kids. It's about them having an agenda and not giving a fuck about what's killing us even more and more focused on pushing CRT and anyone white is evil. They are a bunch of hypocrites for real. Yeah go to the blocks and protest their isnt more police presence or any presence of our own instead of trying to defund. Better yet when one of us kill one of our own go speak on that and try to make a change. Bring back our ppl policing themselves like black panthers and young Latin lords use to do. Do what the jews do in
Williamsburg, they have their own police and make sure their ppl are good.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Banana and JAHGamer

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That's what you got from my post? I said they are never around when Carlos or Jerome is squeezing tht gat over gang nonsense and killing innocent bystanders and kids. It's about them having an agenda and not giving a fuck about what's killing us even more and more focused on pushing CRT and anyone white is evil. They are a bunch of hypocrites for real. Yeah go to the blocks and protest their isnt more police presence or any presence of our own instead of trying to defund. Better yet when one of us kill one of our own go speak on thst and try to make a change. Bring back our ppl policing themselves like black panthers and young Latin lords use to do. Do what the jews do in
Williamsburg, they have their own police and make sure their ppl are good.
Too true

Reactions: Gamernyc78

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

They look like Morrocan/Algerians which is what they are very obviously based on.m

They look like Morrocan/Algerians which is what they are very obviously based on.
My eyes work just fine they see straight noses, straight hair and guys with a tan. My ears hear British accents. So forgive me if I’m a lil bit confused. I’ve seen dark Europeans with a tan irl. They are total unconvincing as a distinct culture or ethnic group.
Square is just lazy when it comes to world building these days. Forspoken suffered from the same issue as ff16. Has a magical fantasy world but we’re just going to use medical Europe as the template in architecture, language, fashion. Nothing feels distinct or new. I’m not saying square is racist or anything just lazy.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My eyes work just fine they see straight noses, straight hair and guys with a tan. My ears hear British accents. So forgive me if I’m a lil bit confused. I’ve seen dark Europeans with a tan irl. They are total unconvincing as a distinct culture or ethnic group.
Square is just lazy when it comes to world building these days. Forspoken suffered from the same issue as ff16. Has a magical fantasy world but we’re just going to use medical Europe as the template in architecture, language, fashion. Nothing feels distinct or new. I’m not saying square is racist or anything just lazy.
TIL anyone with a british accent is white 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Box
Status
Not open for further replies.