U.S. PS5 is now trending 5% above PS4, 87% ahead of PS3 time aligned units sold life-to-date |UP| 18.7 mil (Dec 2023) V. 17.4 mil (Dec 2016)

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah and dont believe the PC’s havnent changed bs. Mine crashes still while playing.
The ease of consoles, and plug in and play will never be achieved by PC
I've got more crashes in Spider-Man 2 than I got in my games on PC the last 12 months. Everything has been plug and play so far, and I only fuck around with settings if I want to max out my frame rate, which I don't always do.

I guess it depends on your individual experience, but both platforms are pretty much plug and play for me.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Do you believe PS6 will have the start that the PS5 couldn’t have?
Personally I don't see it happening but of course none of us knows how this generation might play out a d things can change. But, I just don't see them ever having that kinda hype next gen.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Personally I don't see it happening but of course none of us knows how this generation might play out a d things can change. But, I just don't see them ever having that kinda hype next gen.
It all depends on what their offering or new features. The haptic controller was a great selling point and the lighting fast SSD. Sony every gen leverages something new and it can make a difference. Those same ppl tht bought a PS5 will definitely buy a PS6. Even more so now with Xbox optics.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I should not use VGChartz as source for any type of clam.
I actually conveyed tht to the OP of the vgchartz data which is why I merged tht thread into this one with official data. Vgchartz is no Bueno well until thy update their wrong data with official ones.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Sponsored articles LOL

People trusting vgchartz in 2024
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
PS5 might be able to, we have to wait and see the GTA 6 effect
Doubt it, even the switch will end up selling less than the DS.
The PS2 had dvd and was the best way to get into dvd home video, that got the extra 20 million PS2 out there. No console have really had that must have new must have home video/ video game combo since the PS2.
A lot of things will need to align for another console to hit 155-160 million, they have the gta promotion checked but whats the must have feature that PS5 offer for families that get it that few extra million units sold.
DVD was a huge deal in 2000’s, i have been to so many homes that had PS2 just for DVD, not a game in sight.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Doubt it, even the switch will end up selling less than the DS.
The PS2 had dvd and was the best way to get into dvd home video, that got the extra 20 million PS2 out there. No console have really had that must have new must have home video/ video game combo since the PS2.
A lot of things will need to align for another console to hit 155-160 million, they have the gta promotion checked but whats the must have feature that PS5 offer for families that get it that few extra million units sold.
DVD was a huge deal in 2000’s, i have been to so many homes that had PS2 just for DVD, not a game in sight.
DVD helped but it definitely didn't sell an extra 20 million PS2. The hype for PS2 was out of this world. The software they had, along with piracy and then reducing the price so much that it allowed the console to open up and expand into markets that never truly existed in a huge way contributed to it. The PS2 was selling even into 2013.

In my house alone we had 3 PS2 so nobody had to share anything but a disc or controller over time lol.

The market hasn't contracted since PS1 and then PS2 further expanded it.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Had Sony not be so conservative with the PS4 out the gate it could have definitely came close to the PS2 but they dropped the ball in 2014 and only started getting aggressive end of 2015... By then it was too late to have a snowball effect... And killing the PS4 after April 2020

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You are deliberately misrepresenting what I have said and refusing to honestly answer my questions. I'm not going to continue to engage if you're going to engage in a dishonest manner.

Let's go full cirlce back to your original sarcastic comment to illustrate how you cannot construct a logical argument:

"Yes Phil is the reason Xbox games suck....The man that hasn't designed a single video game nor have any game dev experience", and contrast it with the "Halo contractors were a business decision and you can argue that decision hinders halo development" line.

So, Phil isn't the reason Xbox games suck because he has no design experience, he just makes business decisions that disrupt the product. Wow, all that sarcasm to defend Phil and now you'll openly admit he does have an impact on games, it's just "business" not "creative" so that's okay. Him having to balance that creative element would be a bridge too far, instead he should continue to make his business decisions in isolation of what devs want. That is truly the Xbox way. Hands off, continued failure. Amazing work Phil.

And I should say, maybe Phil should dictate games that are made considering the failure of several dev teams under his management.
This guys an Xbox fanboy troll, don’t waste your time

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
PC port canibalization about to kick in any time soon, or so I was told.
It already has, Sony is growing by taking Xbox’s tiny market share but are also losing some to PC. If they didn’t put games on PC, the demand and sales would be much higher. A lot of people who regret buying Xbox last gen either switched to PS5 or PC this gen. I’d say the migration is 50/50 right now, no pc ports would’ve made that split 70/30 in PS5s favor.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The PS2 had GTA 3,VC,SA and the two stories games.

The PS2 is simply in a league of its own. It is still Sonys best console

I feel like unless there is a price cut it wont reach those numbers especially with the switch 2 coming this year
Yep, can't see Switch catching PS2 at all.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I actually conveyed tht to the OP of the vgchartz data which is why I merged tht thread into this one with official data. Vgchartz is no Bueno well until thy update their wrong data with official ones.
Holy shit I was sure it was a new thread but it is from mid of last year.

Who necro it?

PS5 situation in US should be way better today than what VGC posted.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I've got more crashes in Spider-Man 2 than I got in my games on PC the last 12 months. Everything has been plug and play so far, and I only fuck around with settings if I want to max out my frame rate, which I don't always do.

I guess it depends on your individual experience, but both platforms are pretty much plug and play for me.
I dont think Ive had any PS5 games crash. For PS4 probably doku doku lol

Whereas Ive seen my pc's crash for decades. It still crashes for N64 emulators lol

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I dont think Ive had any PS5 games crash. For PS4 probably doku doku lol

Whereas Ive seen my pc's crash for decades. It still crashes for N64 emulators lol
I've had zero crashes on Spiderman and my son had one glitch.