[UK] 65% of Resident Evil 4 sales were on PlayStation platforms, 20% on Xbox and 15% on PC (Physical + Digital)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You always hear the GPTs say wait for digital, Xbox split will be better. Well, we have it here and Playstation still murders Xbox.

The new narrative is that PC is the main platform for Capcom anyway? That's how the xbots are coping? Capcom said that once during the PS5 shortage with no new releases (Rise was exclusive at the time).

Playstation is the main platform now. The numbers are right there. Deal.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
That's why they are betting the farm on this ATVI deal. They need something like CoD day one on GP to rocket the number of subscribers. Then we get the price increase.
I dont think cod coming day one to gamepass will even make that much of a difference. People are locked into their digital ecosystems now and starting over for one game i think is a big ask. Losing last gen as bad as they did is part of the problem, plus all the others they have. This gen is looking like repeat or even worse of last gen so all these acquisitions they think will pay off next gen may not amount to much then either.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
resetera seems to see the writing on the wall about xbox sales now. installbase on the other hand are where the true copium lies. they somehow think these numbers are horrible for the UK market and that xbox has a chance of turning things around.
InstallBase become my main place for laughs... I don't look at sales thread in ERA anymore because it is too boring.
InstallBase is where the most biased guys are (including some loved banned guys here).

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
InstallBase become my main place for laughs... I don't look at sales thread in ERA anymore because it is too boring.
InstallBase is where the most biased guys are (including some loved banned guys here).
can you provide a link for the installed base website? I want to see for myself lol.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You always hear the GPTs say wait for digital, Xbox split will be better. Well, we have it here and Playstation still murders Xbox.

The new narrative is that PC is the main platform for Capcom anyway? That's how the xbots are coping? Capcom said that once during the PS5 shortage with no new releases (Rise was exclusive at the time).

Playstation is the main platform now. The numbers are right there. Deal.
Well if you exclude PlayStation platform indeed PC is the main ;)

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
can you provide a link for the installed base website? I want to see for myself lol.
This is where all threads are:

The Activision Blizzard and the Media Create related thread are a must if you have time.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I have an account there but rarely post, I've found Nintendo fans to be more insufferable than Xbots actually.
I believe the extrem is strong on Xbox with people like Dealer, TimDog, etc... even here we have our own extrem like Remij.
Nintendo fans are more closed but when you give them a place to share ideias they will spin the copium :D but that is the same for PS fans.

I believe the difference is indeed the exterm side of Xbox fans that are very vocal and supported by Xbox executives.
After all there are good Xbox fans.

24 Jun 2022
Holy fuck that's huge. Assuming, as the title states, that the digital sales are included. Surprised PC is that low.

@Remij post if you're okay after seeing those RE4 UK sales. "PC is their main platform now!" Yeah OK buddy 🤣

So much for PC being Capcom main platform.

You ok Remji?

Dangit you beat me to it!

It is Capcom's main platform... they did a press release stating as much... and I already explained exactly why that is.

And they're grouping PS4 and PS5 together.

fcb5fe168e7955419d33b5564ae1f8c7_w200.gif

Keep it up and you'll turn into a pretzel.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
@Remij post if you're okay after seeing those RE4 UK sales. "PC is their main platform now!" Yeah OK buddy 🤣

Dangit you beat me to it!

fcb5fe168e7955419d33b5564ae1f8c7_w200.gif

Keep it up and you'll turn into a pretzel.
Cry more about it bitches :ROFLMAO:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cry more about it bitches :ROFLMAO:

Myabe they are trying but they are having a hard time to change the market :D
You need to uderstand when a Company wants something for the future it doesn't means it will indeed happen like they want.

PC doesn't become Capcom main platform just because they want.
The market choose it main platform.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
By then Xbox will have been stomped for the last 20 years.

I don't see any reason why things would improve for Xbox any time soon. Adding ABK games to Gamepass won't change anything significantly, migth just keep things from getting worse.

PS+ has had catalog Bethesda and ABK games all this time including CoD and no one really cared. Other than CoD when will we see any other big game from ABK after Diablo 4? Diablo 4 won't be day one on Gamepass and will release on PlayStation.

If the ABK deal gets blocked or limited then RIP. 👻
Just goes to show that it was always a 69 billion dollar bailout from the parent company.

Exbox can't pull it's own weight.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Myabe they are trying but they are having a hard time to change the market :D
You need to uderstand when a Company wants something for the future it doesn't means it will indeed happen like they want.

PC doesn't become Capcom main platform just because they want.
The market choose it main platform.
They're not trying... it is. Lmfao

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
It's crazy to think that if the Zenimax acquisition hadn't gone through, Xbox wouldn't have redfall or starfield to market this year. The brand would've been on its death bed.
What's really crazy is how their marketing revolves around multiplatform franchises that are getting removed from playstation.
And MS is getting retroactively credited for those bought out and taken off third party market IPs. Insane.