UK Market: PS5 Sales Up 68%, PS4 Sales Are Also Up 331% So Far This Year, DualSense Is The Best-Selling Accessory. PlayStation Remains The Market Lead

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Ffs people stop buying ps4
I don't like cross-gen but if the market is speaking, get a PS4 Portable out there and capitalize on things. Can still push PS5 expensive games, but can recoup costs by putting more old stock on store/PS+ tier etc.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Coupled with the fact that it's already out of the top charts and replaced by decade old games just a few weeks after release shows that it's already reached the peak of its sales cycle.

I wish I had that kind of influence over UK sales, the game is out of the top sales already, that is not a factual lie. There have been different reports of translations from the earnings report with the original translator deleting his tweet and then coming back with a more PR-friendly response a few days later.
you got back just to be permabanned. why is it so hard for you not to troll?

elise.lopez

16 Aug 2023
In the hardware sector, sales of game consoles in the UK experienced a 7% decrease in July compared to the previous month, as per GfK panel data. However, when compared to July 2022, sales have actually risen by 7%.
Maintaining its position as the leading format in the market, the PlayStation 5's sales were once again influenced by pricing strategies on the standard version of the console. In July, PS5 managed to slightly surpass its June sales figures. Impressively, by the end of July, PS5 sales had increased by 68% in comparison to the same period the previous year. These numbers have seen further growth in August.
On the other hand, the same positive trend isn't mirrored for the Nintendo Switch. Sales of the Switch experienced a 15% decline in July compared to the previous month. Year-to-date, Switch sales have fallen by 8.5% over the first seven months of the year.
Taking the third spot, we have the Xbox Series S and X. Unfortunately, Microsoft's console witnessed a 12% drop in sales in July compared to June. Throughout the current year, sales of Xbox consoles have decreased by 22.8%.
As a side note, sales of the PS4 have remarkably surged by 331% so far this year.
These insights highlight the importance of lead data enrichment in the industry, where businesses utilize various strategies to enhance the quality and accuracy of their customer data.
Lastly, July saw the sale of nearly 550,000 accessories in the UK, reflecting a 3% decline from June and a 3% decline from July of the previous year.
The charts are predominantly dominated by Sony DualSense controllers. The White edition has reclaimed the top spot from the Black version. Additionally, the Starlight Blue variant climbed 14 places to No.18, while Grey Camo jumped five places to reach No.5. The Cosmic Red edition also made an impressive leap of 11 positions to secure No.20. These controllers have profited from the robust sales of the PS5, along with certain pricing strategies employed by major retailers. The remaining positions within the Top Ten are held by Xbox controllers and Turtle Beach headsets, with Ear Force 50X positioned at No.7 and Ear Force 50P at No.10.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Damn, Microsoft unleashed the beast in PlayStation.

If they had a load of single player exclusives and put a hard stop on the PC ports with a big announcement, PS sales would just be unstoppable.

Theyre already insane TBH.
I don’t think pc ports are effecting ps sales at all. Hfw sold faster than hzd. Lou2 sold faster than lou1. Gowr than gow2018. Nothing would change if ps stopped the pc ports.

24 Jun 2022
I don’t think pc ports are effecting ps sales at all. Hfw sold faster than hzd. Lou2 sold faster than lou1. Gowr than gow2018. Nothing would change if ps stopped the pc ports.

TLOU2 sold 4 million in a few days and then slowed to a crawl. I do not believe it's outsold the first game yet in lifetime sales. OTOH, TOTK rapidly outpaced BOTW's sales rate and is on course to beating its lifetime sales. It's also the fastest-selling game of the year so far IIRC.

Ragnarok did sell faster than GOW 2018 but no sales update since last year. However I'd say that one is at least near 2018's lifetime sales, by this point. HFW sold about on-par with HZD at least for the first few months, but it's still pretty far from that game's lifetime sales and there's a chance it won't reach those numbers, not without pricing bundles or the such.

Truth is we haven't had enough time to gauge if the PC porting strategy is shifting expectations that could end up suppressing 1P software sales on PS consoles as people wait for (in their minds) inevitable PC ports. However, and this is just my own personal opinion, I feel Square-Enix putting out that "PC version not until six months after PS5" disclaimer for FF XVI has had a potentially negative impact on the console sales of the game. There's a decent number of people who may've likely bought it on PS5 now choosing to wait for the PC version, even if in reality it's further out than six months.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ragnarok still charts all over the place on retail charts. PSN probably too. I definitely see it surpassing the first game and maybe even by 10 million or so. Cross-gen strat was a big success and help reaching its record setting sales. It’ll have legs until the next sequel at least.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
TLOU2 sold 4 million in a few days and then slowed to a crawl. I do not believe it's outsold the first game yet in lifetime sales. OTOH, TOTK rapidly outpaced BOTW's sales rate and is on course to beating its lifetime sales. It's also the fastest-selling game of the year so far IIRC.

Ragnarok did sell faster than GOW 2018 but no sales update since last year. However I'd say that one is at least near 2018's lifetime sales, by this point. HFW sold about on-par with HZD at least for the first few months, but it's still pretty far from that game's lifetime sales and there's a chance it won't reach those numbers, not without pricing bundles or the such.

Truth is we haven't had enough time to gauge if the PC porting strategy is shifting expectations that could end up suppressing 1P software sales on PS consoles as people wait for (in their minds) inevitable PC ports. However, and this is just my own personal opinion, I feel Square-Enix putting out that "PC version not until six months after PS5" disclaimer for FF XVI has had a potentially negative impact on the console sales of the game. There's a decent number of people who may've likely bought it on PS5 now choosing to wait for the PC version, even if in reality it's further out than six months.
TLOU2 reached 10 million way faster than TLOU.
To be fair without the PS4 success with the remastered version the PS3 version should had not reached 10 million… PS4 remastered launched when the PS3 version had around 7 million units sold and after that the PS4 remastered exploded in sales surpassing the PS3 version.

It is hard to compare because PS3 to PS4 remastered had a lot of double dippers while TLOU2 crossed a year ago 10 million only with PS4 version.

Is TLOU2 ahead TLOU today launch aligned? No… but TLOU2 was ahead at least for the first 2 years when it reached 10 million first.

A better comparison should be if TLOU2 had a PS5 version aka PS5 remastered edition.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS5 sales are up 68% compared with the same period last year, ps4 332% up, Switch and Xbox down.

It should be due the supposed incompetence of Jimbo and Hermen, the bad communication of PS, the lack of SP games on PS or the MS monopoly some people in this forums talk about.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryRobotBees

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PS5 sales are up 68% compared with the same period last year, Switch and Xbox down.

It should be due the supposed incompetence of Jimbo and Hermen, the bad communication of PS, the lack of SP games on PS or the MS monopoly some people in this forums talk about.

No 1st party single player games, but all is good, sales are up! I myself have been playing some incredible excel spreadsheets!

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I promise to meet expectations unlike Square's projects ❤️
It must hurt, all the shiling, all the false hype, all the gamepass evangelism, and yet you end eating shit like there is no tomorrow in threads like these, even on the league of sorry ass Mothertruckers you are one of the most mediocre and previsible ones, keep eating shit clown

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
PS5 sales are up 68% compared with the same period last year, Switch and Xbox down.

Xbox console should increase by like 600% for the next quarter thus beginning the MS/Xbox true monopoly and golden ege.

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS5 sales are up 68% compared with the same period last year, ps4 332% up, Switch and Xbox down.

PS4 up 300+, and you say it's indicative of Jim/Herman being good, I belive in a dismissive way?

The PS5 should be up way more, not the older PS4. PS5 solved it's stock issues and is even BC with PS4 ffs. I'd say that looks hella bad on Jim/Herman, personally?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Satoru