[ UK ] PS5 sales in 2023 are up 81% YoY, Switch sales down 8% and Xbox Series S and X sales down 19%.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Crazy sales for PS5 but it's true it went down in May. Probably Zelda and Mario took all the hype for Switch.

Let's see if it goes up in June with Diablo, SF6 and FF16.

Xbox down 19% and they were already low so this gen is lost. It's dead.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Hogwarts just keeps trucking. It might actually have been the year end sales leader if not for Zelda and maybe FIFA (does it still compete with CoD every year?)

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Thanks to January - March. Which is not what my comment is about. My comment was about monthly sales not yearly total.
Maybe you should have been a bit more specific. You said PS5 sales"have completely fell off", but this year which isn't at the halfway point it's comfortably outselling the competition.

So in relative terms really it's doing great.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Maybe you should have been a bit more specific. You said PS5 sales"have completely fell off", but this year which isn't at the halfway point it's comfortably outselling the competition.

So in relative terms really it's doing great.
The context of the thread is about monthly sales though?

Let's see what the excuse will be next month if sales decline again

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Disbistayds1

5 Jun 2023
The context of the thread is about monthly sales though?

Let's see what the excuse will be next month if sales decline again
We can be pretty sure it won’t decline, besides Sony has literally said they are expecting to sell 25m units this fiscal year. That fiscal year doesn’t include the record breaking first quarter calendar year.

All I’ve seen you do in these threads is be negative about Sony and defend Xbox at every turn. Whatever makes you sleep at night man.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
UK 2023: PS5 is almost outselling NSW and X|S combined

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
We can be pretty sure it won’t decline, besides Sony has literally said they are expecting to sell 25m units this fiscal year. That fiscal year doesn’t include the record breaking first quarter calendar year.

All I’ve seen you do in these threads is be negative about Sony and defend Xbox at every turn. Whatever makes you sleep at night man.
Don’t forget, Sony’s estimated sales predictions are always on the conservative side, so they will likely exceed 25 million this year.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Title says PS5 sales in 2023.

Looks pretty clear to me 🤷
Title =/= Context.

I'm gonna assume you know the definition of each of those words? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

The title is one thing and then the CONTEXT of the thread = the paragraphs in the OP that's all about May sales for each console.

Looks pretty clear to me 🤷🏽‍♂️

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Title =/= Context.

I'm gonna assume you know the definition of each of those words? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

The title is one thing and then the CONTEXT of the thread = the paragraphs in the OP that's all about May sales for each console.

Looks pretty clear to me 🤷🏽‍♂️
Wait, you mean the OP which contains the following context in its link:

Nintendo Switch ended PS5's four-month run as the UK's No.1 console, taking the top spot despite a 5% dip in sales month-on-month. However, Switch sales are up 28% over May last year.

PS5 sales dropped 23% month-on-month, and it's the first time all year that PS5 sales were lower than they were during the same period in 2022. Xbox Series S and X sales also fell 10% in May compared with April, and are also down over the same period in 2022.

Overall, console sales are up 16.6% so far in 2023 compared with the year before, with PS5 sales up 81%, Switch sales down 8% and Xbox Series S and X sales down 19%.
Yes it's all very clear if you have the diligence to read and comprehend 💡

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Wait, you mean the OP which contains the following context in its link:

Yes it's all very clear if you have the diligence to read and comprehend 💡
Ahh yes let's only focus on the final sentence of an article and ignore everything else.

Such diligent logic we have here. 💡

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Ahh yes let's only focus on the final sentence of an article and ignore everything else.

Such diligent logic we have here. 💡
The final sentence? You didn't even read the article did you.

It's almost as if the past month of May is in the year 2023. I love CONTEXT 😄

• Surprised

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The final sentence? You didn't even read the article did you.

It's almost as if the past month of May is in the year 2023. I love CONTEXT 😄
The article addresses yearly total and monthly sales. Again Context 💡

One can comment on the yearly aspect or one can comment on the monthly aspect.

PS5 had a huge start from January - March which is why the yearly sales are up immensely.

PS5 saw a decline in sales in April

PS5 saw a decline in sales in May

PS5 sales in May 2023 are lower than they were in May 2022 during the shortage era...

Again Context. You wanna argue semantics. Again Context since the data presented here isn't one dimensional.

The End.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

PS5 had a huge start from January - March which is why the yearly sales are up immensely.

PS5 sales in May 2023 are lower than they were in May 2022 during the shortage era...

Again Context. You wanna argue semantics. Again Context since the data presented here isn't one dimensional.

The End.

You only see what you want to see.

In this case ONLY negative PS5 narrative.

ALL consoles are down including your favourite box except PS5 since last year.

But knowing you forget all that and let’s focus on May 2023 compared to May 2022 for PS5.

Has your favourite box done better in May 2023 compared to May 2022?

• they're_right_you_know

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You only see what you want to see.

In this case ONLY negative PS5 narrative.

ALL consoles are down including your favourite box except PS5 since last year.

But knowing you forget all that and let’s focus on May 2023 compared to May 2022 for PS5.

Has your favourite box done better in May 2023 compared to May 2022?
My favorite box is my PS5... There goes your trash attempt to claim I'm anti- PS5 or whatever delusion you have going on in your head.

I don't give a shit about Xbox so why am I gonna keep talking about it non stop like 90% of this forum.

I find the drop off in PS5 sales concerning, don't like my opinion? I'm sure the site gives you a few ways to fix that.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
My favorite box is my PS5... There goes your trash attempt to claim I'm anti- PS5 or whatever delusion you have going on in your head.

I don't give a shit about Xbox so why am I gonna keep talking about it non stop like 90% of this forum.

I find the drop off in PS5 sales concerning, don't like my opinion? I'm sure the site gives you a few ways to fix that.

You need to give a shit about Xbox to put things into perspective.

Why are sales down from last year in general.

Maybe its the TOTK effect.

Do you live in the UK currently?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

The End.
I agree, sales should absolutely not be declining in any month compared to their shortage era in 2022. That just shows Sony that waiting too long between big game releases effects sales. Final Fantasy should've came out probably last month to keep the flow going.

Reactions: Danja1187