UK watchdog recommends Xbox Activision deal for ‘in-depth investigation’ amid competition concerns

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Sony got their market share by doing the same thing MS is doing… throwing money around.

That lawyer video you guys are throwing around and speaking about negatively because he doesn’t massage Sonys balls said it best, MS got trounced last gen and they’re responding. That’s what competition is.
You’ve oversimplified it.

Even basics raised such as effect on new competition coming into market irrespective of Sony needs to be examined. Would a new console even have a chance to make it without Ac/bliz being available to it, etc.

Consolidation at some point strangles an entire sector of new potential.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony got their market share by doing the same thing MS is doing… throwing money around.

That lawyer video you guys are throwing around and speaking about negatively because he doesn’t massage Sonys balls said it best, MS got trounced last gen and they’re responding. That’s what competition is.

They have enough studios, the right response is to release some great games and create trust and attract users.

Not take games away from competitors... that is negative for the industry as I said.

They could add to the industry but they choose to be a negative.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
They have enough studios, the right response is to release some great games and create trust and attract users.

Not take games away from competitors... that is negative for the industry as I said.

They could add to the industry but they choose to be a negative.

No different than what numerous other publishers are doing, including Sony.

And MS has pledged to keep games like CoD on PlayStation. And they wouldn’t bother to remove the games from mobile or PC.

Again, big bag of nothing.

edit, on the front page of this forum right below this thread there is a thread where you are wanting Sony to buy FromSoftware, who made basically the only great game of 2022 thus far and have consistently provided amazing multi platform games. Unlike Microsoft, if Sony were to buy FS, it actually would remove games from the competition because they sure as hell wouldn’t make the games on Xbox and even PC would be delayed. So I guess it isn’t a negative if Sony does it 😆🤡

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Wow! June 2023! Too much time for Sony to grab more studios!

image.png

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Don't come in here with that salt and tears nonsense because you didn't do your job. If you're trying to correct someone it's best you actually know what you're talking about.

I didn't do my job? It's you that doesn't seem to understand how regulators do their job. If the UK regulator doesn't allow for the deal to go forward, Microsoft has two choices: go ahead and not sell to the UK market, or cancel the deal.

Just because you're salty doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I didn't do my job? It's you that doesn't seem to understand how regulators do their job. If the UK regulator doesn't allow for the deal to go forward, Microsoft has two choices: go ahead and not sell to the UK market, or cancel the deal.

Just because you're salty doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about
Don't be so harsh. Clearly we're dealing with professionals here. ;)

Reactions: Swift_Star

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
So allegedly Microsoft actually sent over a signed agreement to Sony about COD:

"In January, we provided a signed agreement to Sony to guarantee Call of Duty on PlayStation, with feature and content parity, for at least several more years beyond the current Sony contract, an offer that goes well beyond typical gaming industry agreements," says Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer in a statement to The Verge.

I still find it... a bit.. ODD.. MS doesn't just say "Will continue to release future COD games on Playstation"...

Because.. like those words aren't hard to type or say, yet they keep not saying that lol

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So allegedly Microsoft actually sent over a signed agreement to Sony about COD:

I still find it... a bit.. ODD.. MS doesn't just say "Will continue to release future COD games on Playstation"...

Because.. like those words aren't hard to type or say, yet they keep not saying that lol
So they always intended to make COD exclusive despite phils good guy act. Glad that out in the open now at least.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022

Yeah no, random guy on the internet, and I'm not about to let you change the subject. You came flying in here like a jackhole trying to correct me about the Nvidia and ARM acquisition when in fact I was correct the entire time.

So yeah, you didn't do your job and now you're trying to change subject.

• haha
Reactions: alphachino

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So they always intended to make COD exclusive despite phils good guy act. Glad that out in the open now at least.
Yeah, "several more years" is just MS being scummy. I hope Sony throws that agreement in their face and regulators really twist their arms.