|UP| MSI Claw, the new MSI Steam Deck Competitor has been released. CES Teaser.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update 3/8/24

Has been released

imagem_2024-01-09_172017449.png

The gaming handheld is equipped with a seven-inch LCD display and a 53Wh battery that MSI says should offer two hours of battery life, even with demanding AAA games.​

MSI is the latest PC manufacturer to attempt to take on Valve’s Steam Deck with the Claw, a new Windows-based gaming handheld it’s announcing at CES. The Claw is powered by Intel’s new Meteor Lake Core Ultra processor announced last month and can be specced with “up to” an Intel Core Ultra 7 155H, according to MSI’s press release. At CES 2024, MSI tells us it plans to ship three models ranging from $699 to $799 when it arrives in the first half of the year — with the base tier shipping with an Core Ultra 5 and 512GB of storage.

Q1HaGdw.png

7Dw3BWO.png

MSI has begun teasing a new product segment for itself on social media. While the company has only provided three device shots so far, the first points to it being a gaming handheld, which it describes as a 'new breed of MSI Dragon'. Meanwhile, the other two images show the device's back panel and top edge, which MSI will adorn with its logo and 'TRUE GAMING' branding, respectively.

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: John Elden Ring

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
MSI-Handheld-Gaming-Console.jpg

The hardware design has been revealed, it looks a hell of a lot like the ROG Ally.

BUT

Surprisingly, this is not an AMD device. This is an Intel Meteor Lake chipset with ARC graphics. Early benchmarks put it in the ballpark of the Ally.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
The PlayStation Portal has made all of these devices obsolete!
It would have done (aside from mods/emulation), if it had local download storage/native play and could also do PS+ streaming. Sort of beat them to price and market spread, and people are then playing games without remote play hiccups.

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It would have done (aside from mods/emulation), if it had local download storage/native play and could also do PS+ streaming. Sort of beat them to price and market spread, and people are then playing games without remote play hiccups.
Yes once thy get ps streaming I'll agree. It's a great device though on its own merits!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Steam Deck already looks to be the lower seller of the devices.

Now even more players will fight for that niche market… let’s see if it grow to at least some 10s of millions.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You have got to be someone's idea of a satire account. Seriously.

Here are some satirical websites:

"This is the best gaming invention of the 21st century in terms of ergonomics, power, and functionality for the price"

"The Portable, Powerful Steam Deck Is My Favorite Way to Play Games"

"The best handheld I’ve ever owned"

"The Steam Deck is my new favorite console"

"Steam Deck review: the best portable games console ever"

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The PlayStation Portal has made all of these devices obsolete!
It's the other way around, other than the missing haptics you get everything the Portal does from any of these portable PCs.

Sony couldn't even bother to include an OLED screen that have been present in budget smartphones for ages at this point. Disrespectful, same goes for the original Steam Deck to be honest.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's the other way around, other than the missing haptics you get everything the Portal does from any of these portable PCs.

Sony couldn't even bother to include an OLED screen that have been present in budget smartphones for ages at this point. Disrespectful, same goes for the original Steam Deck to be honest.
It's $200, what $200 phone has an OLED screen? The display it has is already great, OLED would be nice but asking $200 for a remote play only device is already bad enough, it would be dumb to charge $300 just for an OLED. And the only people that think Chiaki is better than the Portal have never actually tried the Portal 😂 Those that have used both say the Portal is a 1000x better remote play experience. It's not just about the haptics or adaptive triggers, feel/comfort wise, no handheld device comes close to the Portal.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's $200, what $200 phone has an OLED screen? The display it has is already great, OLED would be nice but asking $200 for a remote play only device is already bad enough, it would be dumb to charge $300 just for an OLED. And the only people that think Chiaki is better than the Portal have never actually tried the Portal 😂 Those that have used both say the Portal is a 1000x better remote play experience. It's not just about the haptics or adaptive triggers, feel/comfort wise, no handheld device comes close to the Portal.

My old entry level Samsung phone from 2018 has an OLED screen and I only use it because my other Asus phone that also had an OLED screen broke. OLED is pretty standard for smartphone sized devices. Most budget Android smartphones have OLED screens and even the Vita had one.

You guys are just going to defend anything Sony does, pure fanboysm, the PS Portal is trash.