|UP| MSI Claw, the new MSI Steam Deck Competitor has been released. CES Teaser.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Those are doa numbers lol, 500k units fkin sucks for a hardware platform.
Yeah and most sales are front loaded so 500,000 in two months to then fall off isn't impressive but we just don't know. We have to see the overall yearly data. In retrospect the deck sold around 1.6 million it's first year so around 400,000 every three months so they are probably similar in sales bcus we don't know how much was front loaded. These ppl been stingy with sales numbers so hopefully we get a clearer picture soon.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The market is getting oversatured,

Also pointless release because the Steam Deck already dominates this handheld market. They cant compete with it's price point.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
imagem_2024-01-09_172017449.png

The gaming handheld is equipped with a seven-inch LCD display and a 53Wh battery that MSI says should offer two hours of battery life, even with demanding AAA games.​

MSI is the latest PC manufacturer to attempt to take on Valve’s Steam Deck with the Claw, a new Windows-based gaming handheld it’s announcing at CES. The Claw is powered by Intel’s new Meteor Lake Core Ultra processor announced last month and can be specced with “up to” an Intel Core Ultra 7 155H, according to MSI’s press release. At CES 2024, MSI tells us it plans to ship three models ranging from $699 to $799 when it arrives in the first half of the year — with the base tier shipping with an Core Ultra 5 and 512GB of storage.

Q1HaGdw.png

7Dw3BWO.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Basically a carbon copy of the Asus ROG Ally with a less efficient Intel APU, a larger battery to somewhat compensate for that lower efficiency, and lack of VRR.

I'm still going to pay attention to the reviews, but it seems there's almost no reason to get this over the ROG Ally, IMO.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
via TheVerge

The MSI Claw has officially arrived, as the base model of MSI’s Core Ultra-powered handheld gaming machine is now available from MSI’s website for $699.

The highest chip MSI will offer in the Claw is the Core Ultra 7 155H, but a cheaper version with the Core Ultra 5 135H is also available. The Core Ultra 5 135H is weaker than the Core Ultra 7 155H on paper, but I’m unsure how that will play out in real-world performance. As I saw with the Asus ROG Ally with the base Ryzen Z1, two variants of similar chips can have vastly different performance.

There are two other higher-specced models, too, but they’re listed as coming on March 12th. Here’s how the three models stack up:

• $699: Core Ultra 5 / 512GB SSD
  • $749: Core Ultra 7 / 512GB SSD
  • $799: Core Ultra 7 / 1TB SSD

You can also preorder all three MSI Claw models from Newegg, with availability starting March 15th. Preorders on Newegg come with a couple of freebies, including a Skull and Bones standard edition game code and Xbox Game Pass free for one month.

msi_claw_specs.jpg

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I love to see more of these. It's cool to see a very different design with Intel inside. But I'd never buy this one. Look how much ventilation they need all over this thing. Holy shit. Keep at it MSI! Make a better one! Make a console too!

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I love to see more of these. It's cool to see a very different design with Intel inside. But I'd never buy this one. Look how much ventilation they need all over this thing. Holy shit. Keep at it MSI! Make a better one! Make a console too!
this has way better ergonomics than the steam deck, ally, and legion go

Only Valve or Microsoft have the expertise to release a sufessful PC portable.
Microsoft? why? Windows is trash for handhelds

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Love my portal :)
Same, PS Portal saved FF7 Rebirth for me. The performance mode was so ugly that I was gonna drop it and wait for a patch, but it looks and runs great on the small Portal screen so I can go back to playing it.

IMG_9066.jpg

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
This handheld released today and MSI sent zero units to reviewers beforehand.
Looks like MSI has zero faith in this, and they only publicized it as long as Intel paid that bill.