|UP| MSI Claw, the new MSI Steam Deck Competitor has been released. CES Teaser.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
My old entry level Samsung phone from 2018 has an OLED screen and I only use it because my other Asus phone that also had an OLED screen broke. OLED is pretty standard for smartphone sized devices.
was it $200? 🤔

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's powered by an intel APU so it's doa
why? the intel gpu's were great for their first foray into that space, and XESS is better than FSR even tho AMD has decades more experience with GPU's. Intel APU would be great to see, we don't need another Z1 extreme handheld device....

Reactions: flaccidsnake

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
why? the intel gpu's were great for their first foray into that space, and XESS is better than FSR even tho AMD has decades more experience with GPU's. Intel APU would be great to see, we don't need another Z1 extreme handheld device....
Power draw, i don't think meteor lake/arc has shown itself to work great at <10W due to the power scaling. This thing will have like a 30m battery life.

Also XESS has better image quality than FSR but in most scenarios is less performant. Finally, the meteor lake benchmarks we have now are using juiced up LPPDR RAM, I have doubts how much performance this thing can hit.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah and those are also doa
Wut?

Ally seems to have sold near 500k units in 2 months that is way better than what Steam Deck did.

We will probably get more data in next financials from Asus and Lenovo.

Of course the sales are poor but that is the case for Steam Deck too.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wut?

Ally seems to have sold near 500k units in 2 months that is way better than what Steam Deck did.

We will probably get more data in next financials from Asus and Lenovo.

Of course the sales are poor but that is the case for Steam Deck too.
Those are doa numbers lol, 500k units fkin sucks for a hardware platform.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The PlayStation Portal has made all of these devices obsolete!
Portal cant even play without an internet connection right?
Id rather be able to play games offline. Id mostly play handhelds on planes, trains and not my home. Might still purchase one when Im back in the UK, but they arent really competing with offline devices.

Im also curious to see how PS Portal Is selling in Japan

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
But it still way better than Steam Deck numbers

Repeating a lie like you constantly do does not make it true. The Deck still is the most popular PC handheld, and as much as you love feeding the MS monopoly, most Deck users do not ruin their device by installing the windows spyware in it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Portal cant even play without an internet connection right?
Id rather be able to play games offline. Id mostly play handhelds on planes, trains and not my home. Might still purchase one when Im back in the UK, but they arent really competing with offline devices.

Im also curious to see how PS Portal Is selling in Japan
You are correct, needs internet. It is a remote player.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Repeating a lie like you constantly do does not make it true. The Deck still is the most popular PC handheld, and as much as you love feeding the MS monopoly, most Deck users do not ruin their device by installing the windows spyware in it.
Lie?

I will give you the beneficie of not knowing what you are talking about…

How many units Steam Deck sold up to April 25, 2022?