|UP| MSI Claw, the new MSI Steam Deck Competitor has been released. CES Teaser.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I love to see more of these. It's cool to see a very different design with Intel inside. But I'd never buy this one. Look how much ventilation they need all over this thing. Holy shit. Keep at it MSI! Make a better one! Make a console too!
intel parts = hot and loud

Reactions: flaccidsnake

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Anyone else surprised that apple have concentrated on VR and not handheld gaming?

It seems strange they wouldn't enter the arena when their flagship products; iPhone and iPad are devices designed to be used on the go and, at launch, were the sleekest and most powerful on the market.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Anyone else surprised that apple have concentrated on VR and not handheld gaming?

It seems strange they wouldn't enter the arena when their flagship products; iPhone and iPad are devices designed to be used on the go and, at launch, were the sleekest and most powerful on the market.
Apple is doing everything they can not to associate Vision Pro with VR. They want people to call it "spatial computing", and they're not highlighting immersive VR gaming. a handheld gaming device is not in their wheelhouse at all. they've never been much of a gaming company.

• Informative
Reactions: xollowsob

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Core Ultra 7 155H is hot and loud?

I know it CPU performance is not good (specially in multi-core) but the GPU performance is pretty good.
the gpu too yes

power-maximum.png

and for the 155h version

inteleff.jpg
badintel.jpg

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
More voltage doesn’t mean hotter and loud lol

I can have a 100W device that is hotter and louder than a 250W.
hotter doesn't mean temp, it means heat produced, power is the measure of heat produced. that's why you require a better cooler for more powerful cpus and gpus, intel desktop cpus almost all require liquid cooling at this point. for example 5800x3d is easily cooled by a 120mm air cooler, even though it runs 80*C by default.