Updated Frequently: Hands on with PSVR2 Gran Turismo update! Yes, entire campaign 🔥🔥 Also IGN preview. And other PSVR2 news in here!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The key takeaways for me were that:

• it is 120 fps on both eyes,
  • the full game can be played in VR,
  • the Sense controllers are not used for driving. The game uses the DualSense (GT7 has good motion controls) and wheels.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Imagine being excited for VR in a car game and acting like you've never been in a car before... IGN os so dumb these days. These people must never driven a car in real life or are too stupid to recieve a driving license.

I will never understand why sports video games like Football, Basketball, Soccer and so on exist... you can easily go do that in real life and not have to play pretend. I think racing games is the only exception because you can do some crazy stuff in a racing game that otherwise would get you killed in real life.

Regardless - looks like they did a good job with the VR portion, but I wish GT7 wasn't a crossgen title. It could of looked soo much better.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Looks really amazing,

Never played Vr before, most of the shots i see of people are standing up and flapping their arms around like pigeons.

This most be pretty amazing if you have one of those sit-in chairs with the wheel etc, I don't drive etc because of my really bad eyes, to be able to do that must be an incredible experience.

• party
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Looks really amazing,

Never played Vr before, most of the shots i see of people are standing up and flapping their arms around like pigeons.

This most be pretty amazing if you have one of those sit-in chairs with the wheel etc, I don't drive etc because of my really bad eyes, to be able to do that must be an incredible experience.
I've played VR before, but that was over 5 years ago when the first version of Oculus rolled out. I made the mistske of buying into the hype snd wasting $300.

The headsets were so bulky, uncomfortable to wear and the VR itself was blurry. Too much standing and waving as you said, I haven't tried current day VR, but I hear it's a lot better now. But I am gonna wait till it gets a bit better before I dive in again. I am waiting for the day when the headsets get a lot more smaller.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Imagine being excited for VR in a car game and acting like you've never been in a car before... IGN os so dumb these days. These people must never driven a car in real life or are too stupid to recieve a driving license.

I will never understand why sports video games like Football, Basketball, Soccer and so on exist... you can easily go do that in real life and not have to play pretend. I think racing games is the only exception because you can do some crazy stuff in a racing game that otherwise would get you killed in real life.

Regardless - looks like they did a good job with the VR portion, but I wish GT7 wasn't a crossgen title. It could of looked soo much better.
Because it is fun.

I live in Brasil and we play real life football almost every week.
Due time constrain (work, family, etc) you can't do that hobby every day.

Even so almost every day we play FIFA on our work during the break time.
Most of us do that because it is really fun... we play in 4 people per match (2 people for each team).

There is a lot of things that makes the video game football different from the real life soccer:
  • In real life your skills are well bad... you can be good but even so you don't train every day and you are way lower than professionals... and some guys are really bad (and loves to plays).
  • In videogame you can play with others famous players (CR, Messi, Neymar, etc).
  • In videogames you can to things you lack skill or your team lacks in real life.
  • In real life you need a big time in your schedule (like 2-3 hours) because you need to go to a field way before start, prepare everything, start the play with friends, wash after the play, go back to home, etc.
  • In videogames you can play with 5 minutes in your schedule.
They are complementary.
And videogames doesn't replace real life but real life doesn't replace videogames.
They are essentially different, fun and enjoyable experiences.

Why not both?

PS. GT7 already looks stunning even being cross-gen.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I've played VR before, but that was over 5 years ago when the first version of Oculus rolled out. I made the mistske of buying into the hype snd wasting $300.

The headsets were so bulky, uncomfortable to wear and the VR itself was blurry. Too much standing and waving as you said, I haven't tried current day VR, but I hear it's a lot better now. But I am gonna wait till it gets a bit better before I dive in again. I am waiting for the day when the headsets get a lot more smaller.
Oculus become better a lot and comfortable.
PSVR is very comfortable too.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Because it is fun.

I live in Brasil and we play real life football almost every week.
Due time constrain (work, family, etc) you can't do that hobby every day.

Even so almost every day we play FIFA on our work during the break time.
Most of us do that because it is really fun... we play in 4 people per match (2 people for each team).

There is a lot of things that makes the video game football different from the real life soccer:
  • In real life your skills are well bad... you can be good but even so you don't train every day and you are way lower than professionals... and some guys are really bad (and loves to plays).
  • In videogame you can play with others famous players (CR, Messi, Neymar, etc).
  • In videogames you can to things you lack skill or your team lacks in real life.
  • In real life you need a big time in your schedule (like 2-3 hours) because you need to go to a field way before start, prepare everything, start the play with friends, wash after the play, go back to home, etc.
  • In videogames you can play with 5 minutes in your schedule.
They are complementary.
And videogames doesn't replace real life but real life doesn't replace videogames.
They are essentially different, fun and enjoyable experiences.

Why not both?

PS. GT7 already looks stunning even being cross-gen.
The only sport game I think I ever played and enjoyed as a kid was Fifa in the early 2000s. I get what your saying, but when I play video games I play to live a fantasy and experience something that doesn't exist in real life.

NBA Street was okay too, but I think it's because they had a very arcadey element to it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The only sport game I think I ever played and enjoyed as a kid was Fifa in the early 2000s. I get what your saying, but when I play video games I play to live a fantasy and experience something that doesn't exist in real life.

NBA Street was okay too, but I think it's because they had a very arcadey element to it.
Nah I box but give me a boxing VR on psvr2 and I'm all in.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Unless funding is an issue, you owe it to yourself to jump in at this juncture

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

one thing I never liked the look of was all those cables it had, but i believe there is one on this now. and some sets might not even have them, PC i think, not sure how the quality is or compares to this one though.

But yer these experiences are improving all the time, this is probably so much better than when you first tried it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I understand it is a matter of taste of each person.

There are some really addictive FIFA players in my work... I'm not that into and just play occasionally... today I'm not playing real life football due time but used to play with friend every week (I will go back in the future).

The biggest take is if I ask these football addictive here at my work to stop either to play FIFA or play football in real life they will tell me it is LIFE... it is a part of their life they can't give up.
Football time (real or videogame) is sacred to some... even their wifes has no power ever that... they have to accept and find others times to do things with the husband because trying to do anything with them at the saced football time become big and stressful discussion in relationship that can even ends in break up.

Football here is serious business for millions in Brasil :D

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
one thing I never liked the look of was all those cables it had, but i believe there is one on this now. and some sets might not even have them, PC i think, not sure how the quality is or compares to this one though.

But yer these experiences are improving all the time, this is probably so much better than when you first tried it.
I really wanted to get Valve Index, it's the best VR out there but it's over $1000 and it wouldn't be smart right now to be spending that kind of money. Plus it is rumored they're working on a new and improved version of it.

PSVR2 and Meta Quest 2 are probably the best and cheapest options right now. But I am gonna still wait a bit longer.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Index is amazing tech.
Quest 2 you get what you paid... it is cheap VR experience.
PSVR2 will be basically the most advanced VR in the market until others players releases upgraded devices.

At the price of PSVR2 I don't think you will have the same experience on PC even counting the new releases this year.

• party
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster