VGC: HELLBLADE 2 COULD BE XBOX’S MOST IMPORTANT EXCLUSIVE (Same thing was said about almost every exclusive since Redfall, input Starfield)

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
8ahz4z.jpg

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I can't see this game selling well at all. Even disregarding Xboxs low installbase and killing sales via game pass, your typical Xbox dude bro ( whats left of them) isn't going to buy the game with the weird looking female protagonist and the mental health thing.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
I can't see this game selling well at all. Even disregarding Xboxs low installbase and killing sales via game pass, your typical Xbox dude bro ( whats left of them) isn't going to buy the game with the weird looking female protagonist and the mental health thing.
Im thinking about a ps5 version coming a year latter

Not the first time a game claimed xbox exclusive comes to ps ( mass effect, titanfall, rise of tomb raider, cuphead etc)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
No shot. First game got hyped because “goty for putting a spotlight on mental health” or some similar pretentious snobby bullshit no one cared to play.

No one will care again. Even if you give it away for free…

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It looks ok, but haven't seen anything to make me excited of the game.
The game play showings have been very clunky so far, fighting animations look very choppy, almost QTE like(in a very bad way) lacking all fluidity between moves...

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

The first game didn't exactly sell well either, not sure why people assume this would be any different?

Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If it was not for Xbots I should not even know that game existed.
Because the first one as timed PlayStation exclusive but I never heard about it lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Also the Xbox fanbase doesn’t give a shit about these types of games. A small percentage of them on Twitter will put up comparisons comparing it to TLOU 2 and GOW and saying Hellblade is better. But most of them won’t even beat the game. It will be another Hi-Fi Rush situation. Also the PC community doesn’t give a shit about these one and done linear games either. You see how most of those PS games are selling on PC.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm excited for this one! As always with Xbox games I'll subscribe to gamepass for a few months and then beat it. I'd love it if ninja theory rebooted heavenly sword under another name now that they have some of the best graphics in the biz.

• haha

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'm excited for this one! As always with Xbox games I'll subscribe to gamepass for a few months and then beat it. I'd love it if ninja theory rebooted heavenly sword under another name now that they have some of the best graphics in the biz.
This is the sequel to Heavenly Sword.

• haha

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
i dont get the overhyping of this title. Could be a very impressive and graphic looking game but the original wasn’t a massive appealing title that had tens of millions of players. Also overhyping continues as was the case for Starfield, “the game of the generation.”
If you don’t know already that it’s because the games media is deeply in Microsoft’s pockets, I don’t know what to say.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The more I think about it, ninja theory is such a weird acquisiton for MS.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They weren’t buying studios for any kind of cultural or product fit, they were snapping up everyone they could to make sure nobody else did.

That whole spree of buying Ninja Theory, Obsidian and Double Fine, among others was absolutely the epitome of corporate stupidity, as they purchased a collection of dysfunctional, inefficient, mediocre studios just to keep whatever they made off of the PlayStation platform.

All of those studios were on the verge of going under because nobody buys their games. Brilliant move by Philbert.

• party
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
They weren’t buying studios for any kind of cultural or product fit, they were snapping up everyone they could to make sure nobody else did.

That whole spree of buying Ninja Theory, Obsidian and Double Fine, among others was absolutely the epitome of corporate stupidity, as they purchased a collection of dysfunctional, inefficient, mediocre studios just to keep whatever they made off of the PlayStation platform.

All of those studios were on the verge of going under because nobody buys their games. Brilliant move by Philbert.
It’s what Colin Moriarty said. What was the point of MS buying those studios that they had no prior relationship with? They were desperate, that’s why.