Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Reviews Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m glad it’s a traditional shooter campaign. Tbh, only Destiny has done the last few years since Titanfall 2. There is Remant 2 but its campaign is kinda huge with shades of Metroidvania (one of the best shooters ever). Strictly traditional here; the classic 8hr of level based goodness. I had to go back and revisit some other classics too to fill that void … cuz ya know… most of everything is open world and devoid of shooting galleries or anything to test your shooting skills.

Not expecting much from co-op and the pve stuff but I’d love to see something good from it. Hoping to get mileage out of PvP on the networking front since there are no tps arena shooters played. And it also doesn’t do cringe hero shooter garbage and is more like d2 with custom avatars and customization.

I think I’ll call the day early 😎. Hoping for 1:30 heh

Last edited:
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
People are loving it. This is a game for me. But the backlog needs to give a bit first, not to mention wait to play is easier wanting to do it on pro.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Preordered, got my OG gears of war guys to run coop campaign! This will be my first time ever with warhammer franchise.
Me and Spyxos from here are also planning to do co-op campagin. This will be my Helldivers 2 replacement.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Me and Spyxos from here are also planning to do co-op campagin. This will be my Helldivers 2 replacement.
Are they anything alike really? I'm hoping for a PS3 era game that knock's all 3 pillars of campaign, coop, and pve out the park. I'm really hoping PvP is great here. Im always down for something even just decent in that space.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Are they anything alike really? I'm hoping for a PS3 era game that knock's all 3 pillars of campaign, coop, and pve out the park. I'm really hoping PvP is great here. Im always down for something even just decent in that space.
By the looks of it yes:

We enjoyed messing about and formed a sort of friendship playing Helldivers. We had a blast but it grew stale. But we liked the idea behind it. Never played a Warhammer game before but seeing it in action and being both PvE (Helldivers style extraction) and PvP was a no brainer. The extraction shooter elements are similar to Helldivers but it looks WAY more badass and gritty.

Honestly can't wait.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Excellent debut for early access on steam (outside that user score lols)

Just got home. Brohammer commence.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Excellent debut for early access on steam (outside that user score lols)

Just got home. Brohammer commence.
This is going to do 300k+ come release day on steam, Sad the pc port seems to have problems otherwise would have been easy 500k+

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Went type-d for controls with bumpers and triggers flipped. I needed melee on a face button for this game.

Image a bit dark. Performance good so far on “speed” setting. Motion blur disabled.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
There seems to be crashing and server errors on PC so far from the steam reviews, PS5 doesn't have the crashing issues for me so far so thats good. Still haven't tried PvP or PvE missions
Ah right. A day one patch will fix it I think. Still gonna get it day 1. :)

Reactions: quest4441

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Reforge gaming was complaining about difficulty balance making the game undesirable to play as a solo…

I disagree. Veteran ain’t too bad. Skill issue. You get two AI teammates during missions so it is designed for co-op tho.

Sorta feels like discovering Gears of War for the first time. So far very much enjoying everything. Gunplay is crisp out of the box with little tuning so that’s always a win.

Parry mechanic isn’t explained so well. Don’t always look for the rings… you can parry enemy normals (there’s a blue spark or something if you look tho). I’m seeing people having difficulty but after messing with brightness settings to get things to pop a bit more; there are tells.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Reforge gaming was complaining about difficulty balance making the game undesirable to play as a solo…

I disagree. Veteran ain’t too bad. Skill issue. You get two AI teammates during missions so it is designed for co-op tho.

Sorta feels like discovering Gears of War for the first time. So far very much enjoying everything. Gunplay is crisp out of the box with little tuning so that’s always a win.

Parry mechanic isn’t explained so well. Don’t always look for the rings… you can parry enemy normals (there’s a blue spark or something if you look tho). I’m seeing people having difficulty but after messing with brightness settings to get things to pop a bit more; there are tells.
Does it have this greyish smear over it thats hampering modern games?

If so ill have to make a ReShade for it.. I HATE the "grey mist" so many games have. WH Boltgun also had this and I just can't understand why devs do this.
Hogwarts was the worst but it seems that most games use this atrocity for no reason. It's off-putting.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Does it have this greyish smear over it thats hampering modern games?

If so ill have to make a ReShade for it.. I HATE the "grey mist" so many games have. WH Boltgun also had this and I just can't understand why devs do this.

Nah, it’s the HDR (PS5). Image is dark by default. Not as bad of an issue experienced with FF16. I eventually found settings that look right.

Image a bit noticeably softer too when trying to hit 60fps but it’s still worth the trade off on console.

• party
Reactions: Monkeyclaw

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Ah sounds good enough for me. Not that I wont buy it if it did but it's just so god awful ugly.
And this game doesn't have HDR right? Or you using Nvidia HDR?

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Ah sounds good enough for me. Not that I wont buy it if it did but it's just so god awful ugly.
And this game doesn't have HDR right? Or you using Nvidia HDR?

I’m using a PlayStation. I do not worry about such things! 😎

(It’s definitely not ugly. Sorta stunning)