Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Reviews Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Veteran difficulty still pretty doable with the AI teammates. You can find cover and pick off long distance, AI team tends to push forward.

Lictor fight was crazy. I got decent with parry so took like 3 attempts.

When you get the flamethrower and deal with the flood-like swarms (x1000) is pretty crazy too. Performance kinda tanks at these moments and it might be trouble for co-op.

Cool how they set up the narrative for co-op missions as events that happen alongside campaign. Haven’t tried it yet. Will try PvP later. Just got jumppack booster in canpaign.

Lots of cool moments. It’s what I would expect from a modern gears for sure. Would like to see some more boss fights. No idea what’s coming up later …

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I played a little bit last night..... its pretty good. In no way comparable to Helldivers which I see float around a lot. This feels like gears, which is great, 360 trilogy were soooo good.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I played a little bit last night..... its pretty good. In no way comparable to Helldivers which I see float around a lot. This feels like gears, which is great, 360 trilogy were soooo good.

How long should I expect the campaign to run?

I already got 9-10 hours on the total game time clock on ps os and I’m probably half way.

I think an 8 - 12 hour campaign like traditional shooters. I’m really enjoying just hanging back and listening to background character chatter. They nailed the vibe here so it’s just cool to settle down jn for a bit. Whatever modulation they did to voices… pretty cool, especially the armorer.

Reactions: voke

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Oh, proper review thread bump.

So.

For the chain fights and antennas… a bolt gun with the grenade launcher subweapon destroys the mobs you need to fend off and defend those structures. Discovered by acccident otherwise those are tough fights. For the second one the game was also bugged and I couldn’t pick up ammo so it also became a survival game for me where I had to brawl the whole way thru mostly. If I didn’t clear that try tho I would’ve maybe quit for a bit because bugs like that are bs.

I do not hate PVP at the moment. The variety in classes is cool. Players with shields seem unstoppable and not having a normal jump or vault for movement hurts when some players have jump packs. The announcer is terrible.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Love a brand new PvP release.... just like in Concord, I am absolutely shitting on everyone, why yall so ass :ROFLMAO: very fun I must admit. Once my 6 man gets going..... watch out lmfao

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Space marine 2 doing well on the charts but I think I highballed it at 500k ccu on steam

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Space marine 2 doing well on the charts but I think I highballed it at 500k ccu on steam

No kidding.

But… 200k ain’t too bad at all tbh. Higher than I expected

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
No kidding.

But… 200k ain’t too bad at all tbh. Higher than I expected
Maybe when china wakes up it will reach those numbers;), But yeah the game is great I hope they add more space marine chapters and co-op missions

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Maybe when china wakes up it will reach those numbers;), But yeah the game is great I hope they add more space marine chapters and co-op missions
Is china big on 40k? This game has that mid to late 00s dude bro gaming peaked with Xbox 360 vibe lol. I think PvP is fun but dull, lack of maps, campaign is great.. but im REALLY hoping coop is where i have the most fun.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Is china big on 40k? This game has that mis to late 00s dude bro gaming peaked with Xbox 360 vibe lol. I think PvP is fun but dull, lack of maps, campaign is great.. but im REALLY hoping coop is where have the most fun.
China has such a huge population that even if 1% are into warhammer that would result in millions of fans. Most games on steam have a 30-40 % of chinese playerbase so I would expect the same for W40k

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Why would you be expecting china to have an impact on warhammer? Nah. Not all games have international appeal on steam charts. Wukong and some f2p games maybe.

• they're_right_you_know

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why would you be expecting china to have an impact on warhammer? Nah. Not all games have international appeal on steam charts. Wukong and some f2p games maybe.
Yeah I was wondering the same lol. 200k is very impressive though, I've never played this series and neither have most of my friends. We're all jumping in though!

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Game looks great but for some reason my fps locks to 40-45 no matter whats settings I use. Driving me nuts.
Specs are way above recommended and other games run way over 60fps...