We need to talk about PS5's 2024 / 2025 problem - @MysticRyan

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If we don't know any more by the end of the summer, I would say yes.

I can't help but feel a little uneasy, knowing about the big GAAS push, the Bend and Naughty Dog drama, the cancelled and delayed projects and how Hermen seems to constantly be on holiday...

I really thing there was some poor management to blame.

That's just my gut feeling.... I'm willing to give till summer to see if it's any better than I assume.

What I really can't fathom is how they could mismanage 1st party and also allow Microsoft to cosy up with 3rd parties in Japan.

Even if Xbox can't really make a comeback, it shoes massive issues are present.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't have the time to play all these new games coming out in the next couple of months. How are games that haven’t been announced a “problem” right now?
The title says first party. Never have the future of Worldwide Studios output been in such doubt and limbo.

There's a problem and the smoke detectors just aren't going off yet... If a Showcase doesn't outline a roadmap by this summer then something is terribly wrong

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I can't help but feel a little uneasy, knowing about the big GAAS push, the Bend and Naughty Dog drama, the cancelled and delayed projects and how Hermen seems to constantly be on holiday...

That's just my gut feeling.... I'm willing to give till summer to see if it's any better than I assume.

What I really can't fathom is how they could mismanage 1st party and also allow Microsoft to cosy up with 3rd parties in Japan.

I don't think things are nearly as bad as you guys on this forum seem to think. You're letting social media chatter control how you think. Also, I've never heard of any "drama" between Bend and naughty Dog that has any real evidence behind it.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Originally I blamed Jimbo but after their CES, seems like whole Sony divisions kind of following the same path 😁. Sony is having the CEO that may fuck them for the next decade.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
It really does feel like we are in 1st party limbo. I'll give it until summer .. but Sony really should give fan something more to look forward to.

Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Originally I blamed Jimbo but after their CES, seems like whole Sony divisions kind of following the same path 😁. Sony is having the CEO that may fuck them for the next decade.
The CEO of Sony is definitely the problem. As I will reiterate again, the man isn't a fan of gaming or PlayStation

Reactions: Box and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I don't think things are nearly as bad as you guys on this forum seem to think. You're letting social media chatter control how you think. Also, I've never heard of any "drama" between Bend and naughty Dog that has any real evidence behind it.
You could be right... Just, without communication and with no roadmap and from the little news and all the fud we get, it's hard not to feel a bit... Unsure.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I always had a bad afeela about him.
Of course the minute he claimed gaming was niche back in 2020 and then him willingly almost throwing Playstation under the bus by almost giving Microsoft access to the backend of PlayStation network should have gotten him fired.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Does PlayStation have a first party problem for 2024 and 2025?
Yes it does and it's getting worse by the day. Once FFVII Rebirth is released there is nothing releasing anytime soon (and it's not even first party, just a paid exclusive).

It's pretty obvious that something was lost once Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst took over. PlayStation became unproductive, unexciting and passive. I want to like PlayStation as it's a good product but they just don't make it easy at all.

Out of the few things we get announced they are either GaaS (that doesn't even get released) or just straight up lame (like the KoToR remake by a unknown dev, Silent Hill 2 remake by Bloober, Chinese/Korean games, etc). People then start to pretend that games like Stellar Blade are big releases... that bums be out.

It's also pretty obvious that Jim Ryan got the job by pitching that PlayStation should become a lot more like Xbox and the Sony board probably didn't believe in the strength of PlayStation and was afraid of Gamepass so they went for it and fell into the same pitfalls that MS did.

The last hope is that the Jim Ryan replacement cleans house and is a guy that understand what PlayStation should be about but at this point I doubt that is what we are going to get and in terms of games in the pipeline and internal studios they are probably already compromised.

Sony run from about 2009~2019 was legendary, it was bound to end at some point.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
So, what's wrong with first 3 months this year on PS5??

- The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- Helldivers 2
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yes it does and it's getting worse by the day.

Once FFVII Rebirth is release there is nothing releasing anytime soon (and it's not even first party, just a paid exclusive).

- The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered ( a 1st party game )
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- Helldivers 2 ( a 1st party game )
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin

How is it worse? I've literally copied your post from another.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't think he's a fan of anything Sony. Not just gaming.
Well he loves Honda Cars at least 😁

I'm sure he also made Jim Ryan's job more complicated by him tightening the purse strings around the PlayStation division during a time they should have been the #1 priority.

• haha