We need to talk about PS5's 2024 / 2025 problem - @MysticRyan

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So, what's wrong with first 3 months this year on PS5??

- The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- Helldivers 2
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin
Absolutely nothing, fantastic lineup... Almost too much to enjoy in the timeframe.

But first party is a bit MIA, would you not say?
They could surprise us though. I want to be surprised.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Well he loves Honda Cars at least 😁
Not even the sony car? damn.

But in all seriousness, Sony really needs to reveal their a output for q3 and q4. There is a bunch of studios with projects still unnanounced and I'm honestly interested to see what comes next.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

But in all seriousness, Sony really needs to reveal their a output for q3 and q4. There is a bunch of studios with projects still unnanounced and I'm honestly interested to see what comes next.
Sony car is a partnership with Honda.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
- The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered ( a 1st party game )
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- Helldivers 2 ( a 1st party game )
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin

How is it worse? I've literally copied your post from another.
Dudes are starting to use the same talking points as Xbox fanboys.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yes it does and it's getting worse by the day. Once FFVII Rebirth is released there is nothing releasing anytime soon (and it's not even first party, just a paid exclusive).

It's pretty obvious that something was lost once Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst took over. PlayStation became unproductive, unexciting and passive. I want to like PlayStation as it's a good product but they just don't make it easy at all.

Out of the few things we get announced they are either GaaS (that doesn't even get released) or just straight up lame (like the KoToR remake by a unknown dev, Silent Hill 2 remake by Bloober, Chinese/Korean games, etc). People then start to pretend that games like Stellar Blade are big releases... that bums be out.

It's also pretty obvious that Jim Ryan got the job by pitching that PlayStation should become a lot more like Xbox and the Sony board probably didn't believe in the strength of PlayStation and was afraid of Gamepass so they went for it and fell into the same pitfalls that MS did.
Rise of the Ronin, MLB?

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I don't believe that second party is something that actually exists. It's a made up term for some odd unknown reason. If a game is funded, published, manufactured and distributed by the hardware manufacturer, it's a first party game. Always has been and always will be. So while the development studio is third party, the game itself is first party. And even more so if the hardware manufacturer owns the IP which 9 times out of 10, they do.

Anyway, while people including PlayStation fans see 2024 as being empty, I actually disagree. Looking at the new game release lineup as of now -

- Helldivers 2
- Rise of the Ronin
- MLB The Show 24
- Concord
- Stellar Blade

Three out of the five games are being developed by external development studios but they're still first party games. No different than Contraband or Flight Simulator for Microsoft or Astral Chain and Bayonetta for Nintendo. Same shit.

I get that people may be disappointed but at the same time, as we all know, games take at least 5+ years to develop and when Sony debuts the game, they want them to be shown in it's best form so when you combine those two things, you'll be waiting a while for announcements.

In general, that lineup isn't the greatest but it's far from being bad. At worse, it's just not what people want but at the same time, the first four years of the generation have heavily front loaded so at some point, there was going to be a slow year if you're just looking for Sony's internal first party games.

Personally, im hyped for Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade. With Ronin, I already have a Sony published first party game for the first quarter of 2024 and will be a good game to tide me over until Tsushima 2 so im definitely not worried or concerned. As always, Sony will be just fine.

Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

I agree! Though I do expect some announcements from

Asobi, Sucker Punch, Housemarque, Bluepoint... This year at some point along with Insomniac and Haven.

Death Stranding 2 release date should be announced around summer too I assume.

Reactions: Bryank75

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Mystic makes very good content, but he often makes clickbait video titles and vignettes.

Q1 2024 is absolutely godly for PS5 gamers, that's non negotiable. It has big and small, AA to massive AAA, different genres mixed in, etc.

We already know of Stellar Blade and Silent Hill 2, and I'm sure PlayStation will share more when the timing is right.

You fuckers always want the full roadmap years in advance and then bitch and moan when there's delays or games get cancelled.

Cope with reality.

• brain
Reactions: GrayWolf323

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Rise of the Ronin, MLB?
MLB? It releases every year and it's even included on Gamepass day one... 🤡

Rise of the Ronin is just another Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, this type of game would've never been a headline for a PlayStation year before Jim Ryan took over and ruined what they had going on.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
MLB? It releases every year and it's even included on Gamepass day one... 🤡

Rise of the Ronin is just another Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, this type of game would've never been a headline for a PlayStation year before Jim Ryan took over and ruined what they had going on.
Still, it is first party, the same as Rise of the Ronin.
How it wouldn't? They did it with NioH.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yes it does and it's getting worse by the day. Once FFVII Rebirth is released there is nothing releasing anytime soon (and it's not even first party, just a paid exclusive).

It's pretty obvious that something was lost once Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst took over. PlayStation became unproductive, unexciting and passive. I want to like PlayStation as it's a good product but they just don't make it easy at all.

Out of the few things we get announced they are either GaaS (that doesn't even get released) or just straight up lame (like the KoToR remake by a unknown dev, Silent Hill 2 remake by Bloober, Chinese/Korean games, etc). People then start to pretend that games like Stellar Blade are big releases... that bums be out.

It's also pretty obvious that Jim Ryan got the job by pitching that PlayStation should become a lot more like Xbox and the Sony board probably didn't believe in the strength of PlayStation and was afraid of Gamepass so they went for it and fell into the same pitfalls that MS did.

The last hope is that the Jim Ryan replacement cleans house and is a guy that understand what PlayStation should be about but at this point I doubt that is what we are going to get and in terms of games in the pipeline and internal studios they are probably already compromised.

Sony run from about 2009~2019 was legendary, it was bound to end at some point.
Rise of the Ronin has the Nioh 2 team behind it, I wouldn’t sleep on that one. That’s one of the best action RPG devs in the biz doing a collab with ps studios. It’s also been in development for 8 years.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
You fuckers always want the full roadmap years in advance and then bitch and moan when there's delays or games get cancelled.

Cope with reality.

We want to be like Xbox and announcements years in advance like Project Dark, Fable...:/

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Maybe Sony should buy some 3P publishers like SE and Team Ninja and make them 1st party! That would make the upcoming PS5 lineup look waaaay different.
Yeah, people downplaying team ninja games have obviously never played the Nioh series last generation.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Still, it is first party, the same as Rise of the Ronin.
How it wouldn't? They did it with NioH.
Oh year, 2017 the year of Nioh... not the years of Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy... please... Nioh wasn't even a Sony game in Japan.

Yeah, people downplaying team ninja games have obviously never played the Nioh series last generation.
Please, doubt you were saying that when their last game released day one on Gamepass. I won't pretend I care just because it's all Sony have, same goes for that other Korean game.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Oh year, 2017 the year of Nioh... not the years of Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy... please...

Please, doubt you were saying that when their last game released day one on Gamepass. I won't pretend I care just because it's all Sony have, same goes for that other Korean game.
I mean Nioh 2 overshadowed but I’d say that’s one of the best games that came out of last generation, plenty would agree.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I mean Nioh 2 overshadowed but I’d say that’s one of the best games that came out of last generation, plenty would agree.
Big year for Sony in 2024 then, Rise of the Ronin is going to be huge. :ROFLMAO: