We need to talk about PS5's 2024 / 2025 problem - @MysticRyan

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The summer showcase of 2024 for PlayStation is going to be an extremely important moment, I hope they've got the goods.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Oh year, 2017 the year of Nioh... not the years of Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy... please... Nioh wasn't even a Sony game in Japan.

Please, doubt you were saying that when their last game released day one on Gamepass. I won't pretend I care just because it's all Sony have, same goes for that other Korean game.
I played and beat Wo Long as well, try again. It's OK to care more about games than internet arguments.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The video is actually positive and makes good points and provides context. It’s not a doom video.

Mystic is way smarter than that.
It is, he's very balanced and doesn't fall into the fud traps and all that.

I'm definitely on board with his overall position.

But just fighting my gut feeling at the same time.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I’m I forgetting some sort of influx of first party games from a

Rise of the Ronin has the Nioh 2 team behind it, I wouldn’t sleep on that one. That’s one of the best action RPG devs in the biz doing a collab with ps studios. It’s also been in development for 8 years.
According to some we're not allowed to be interested in this game unless they say it's OK, lmao. Doesn't matter if we've enjoyed the dev's previous games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's funny because there was probably a similar article for 2023 😄

Vince McMahon, Curious: known games for Xbox that look unappealing
Vince McMahon, Smiling: unannounced single player Playstation games
Vince McMahon, Burning: FairGame$ is Game of the Year 2024

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It is, he's very balanced and doesn't fall into the fud traps and all that.

I'm definitely on board with his overall position.

But just fighting my gut feeling at the same time.

Yeah I’m not going to lie….When I saw the title of the video i was like “oh great he’s doing this narrative too.” But then came to my senses watching it like of course he provide good points and not do the Sony is in trouble and has no games narrative everybody loves spout. I pretty much don’t disagree with anything that was said.

Basically Sony having no more in person showcases, not announcing games years away and only closer to release, is giving the perception of Sony first party not doing anything.

That’s obviously not true and Sony’s studios have alot of games to announce.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Maybe Sony should buy some 3P publishers like SE and Team Ninja and make them 1st party! That would make the upcoming PS5 lineup look waaaay different.
Xbox is padding their lists with Bethesda and Activision, games that were already coming as third-party, and now Sony (1 publisher) needs to compete and release as many games as Acti+Bethesda+Xbox+Blizzard or else they suck and there's nothing to play.

The beginning of 2024 is jam-packed and they're still complaining. Just a bunch of idiots 🙄

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Please, doubt you were saying that when their last game released day one on Gamepass. I won't pretend I care just because it's all Sony have, same goes for that other Korean game.
Bought Wo long day one and beat it in 2 weeks. I love Team Ninja, has nothing to do with platform exclusive. Sure it’s exciting when a developer I like teams up with my favorite publisher, but there’s no world where I’d hype up a game purely because it’s an exclusive, these forums don’t matter to me THAT much.

Reactions: AshHunter216