What are the great games I missed by not having an Xbox in the last 10 years?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Both Ori games released on the Switch.
Would you not be getting a much inferior version if you got the switch ones,

I mean Ori and The blind Forest runs 1080p/60fps docked and 720p/60fps on portable mod

This version of Ori for Series X will run at 120fps at 4K resolution.

The game is a stunner, surely you would want to play the best version and the difference is staggering between the two consoles.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I mean Ori and The blind Forest runs 1080p/60fps docked and 720p/60fps on portable mod

The game is a stunner, surely you would want to play the best version and the difference is staggering between the two consoles.

Facts, it's one of those games I think any gamer has to appreciate the beauty of it... I was interested in playing it but not enough to buy an entirely new console, given my huge backlog and lack of free time.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

I give Xbox a break by pretending PC and xCloud don't exist and then you guys start listing better versions of games that were playable elsewhere.

No, I would not care that there was a better version of this 2d platformer on another console.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Eh.... I like the promise of State Of Decay series?
The first is available on 360 and I don't know the status of any PC Ports, so I don't know if it qualifies tbf.

But for all it's junky controls and stuff, I think it'll be one of those games like Killswitch, where some more polished zombie MMO will incorporate it's base building/management side, or Days Gone's horde mechanics into a larger IP.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Eh.... I like the promise of State Of Decay series?
The first is available on 360 and I don't know the status of any PC Ports, so I don't know if it qualifies tbf.

But for all it's junky controls and stuff, I think it'll be one of those games like Killswitch, where some more polished zombie MMO will incorporate it's base building/management side, or Days Gone's horde mechanics into a larger IP.

State of decay has a really cool premise and gameplay loop, but it lacks a lot of stuff to make it really compelling.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
State of decay 1 was amazing back in the day but found 2 to be too convoluted. Not sure what the hell they are going to do on 3.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Mostly 3rd party exclusives with the exception of Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 5

I haven't played Hi Fi Rush or Pentiment though I don't think they're for me

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
ori games, cuphead, grounded. Cuphead is on playstation now. P.s. sea of thieves is highly overrated. Basically all of Microsoft's best games are small to medium A/AA type fare. Didn't like anything AAA of theirs on the xbone.
I was kind of expecting that answer as the "right one".

I got Ori (first one) and did not like the floaty controls, but I can see its appeal, never tried Cuphead because I am not a fan of that kind of bullet hell \ boss rush run n gun games, but it has an appeal that it hard to deny. I have no clue what Grounded even is.

I did play Gears 5, Forza horizon 4 and the Halo: MC collection on PC and honestly they all were mildly good. I would not buy a console for these games.

This highlight the big problem with what MS is trying to do with the xbox, they want to sell the 12tf console, yet their most relevant games could easily run on the 360, without being compromised too much (if at all). And many of them could be down ported back to the OG xbox (Cuphead with lower resolution assets would probably not require too much sacrifice to work on a console from the year 2000).

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
For my personal tastes, Killer Instinct. Halo MCC is a great collection to play some old Halo you missed, I'm not a FPS guy so I went there to play Halo 2, which I didn't play back then.

People also say the Forza/Forza Horizon games are great, but I only played a bit the demo of one of them and racing isn't my genre.

Some people I trust who love hack & slash games say Hi Fi Rush is great so I'd probably may like it too, but I still didn't play it.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Forza Horizon 3 is a masterpiece. Pentiment is also an incredible game, also Sunset Overdrive

and i think thats all folks. 10 years of incredible content powered by the power of 12 TFLOPS and the cloud, available day 1 gamepass!!!