What Are You Playing Right Now?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Playing old classics. Just beat (not completed) Need for Speed Underground 2. With a couple of patches the game can still look the part. Now playing Outrun 2006.

Fun games, run smoothly on any toaster, look sharp... game studios have to set their priorities straight instead of UE5, Raytracing and Nanite...

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Playing old classics. Just beat (not completed) Need for Speed Underground 2. With a couple of patches the game can still look the part. Now playing Outrun 2006.

Fun games, run smoothly on any toaster, look sharp... game studios have to set their priorities straight instead of UE5, Raytracing and Nanite...
2 games I'd love to get remasters or added to the 'classics' line up on ps5 , although most racing games never would because of licensing of cars & music

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
On switch ? I remember seeing that one if looks good
Okay, so I just finished Detention. The game is very short (less than three hours, easily). I'd say its a very attractive budget pickup for an indie title. If it goes on sale, the value for your money is definitely there.

The game has a few spooky elements, but I'd really call it more of a psychological horror experience than an outright horror game. If you're not into hard puzzles, I'd recommend this title. Most of the puzzles are very simple, and the game sticks you to a pretty strict order of events, so you're unlikely to ever deviate from the required game route.

It's also incredibly forgiving from a difficulty perspective in general, with abundant save points, which restart you without resetting any items or events prior to your "death." Thus, you will never lose progress in this game.

There is a culturally appropriate story underlying this game, which does a nice job of slowly revealing itself to you as the game progresses.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Completed COD: Vanguard last weekend and COD: MW II (2022) earlier today. Both being an 8.0/10. It's COD. Action packed for the most part, looks great and plays great. Good stories and characters. Really looking forward to Black Ops 6 this coming Friday!!!

• haha

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Started on Silent Hill 2 remake on PC via moonlight to theatre, maxed out 4k 60. DLSS needs to be set to ultra performance when maxed to have it totally locked to 60, still looks fabulous.

Was saving this for the PS5 Pro, but that’s looking less likely with no drives available like we’re in Covid redux.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Started on Silent Hill 2 remake on PC via moonlight to theatre, maxed out 4k 60. DLSS needs to be set to ultra performance when maxed to have it totally locked to 60, still looks fabulous.

Was saving this for the PS5 Pro, but that’s looking less likely with no drives available like we’re in Covid redux.
The game is definitely a looker at times! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.

Reactions: Shmunter
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

It looks great on the standard ps5 you graphics snob 🤣

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

catchew

8 Jun 2023
metaphor p5r took me 100hrs. so i hope i can manage this one but so far its amazing what you go through in the span of the first 3 hrs to 11 hrs. and somehow i ended up thinking of replaying
watch dogs (with mods). i remember it being one the first few games i modded on pc back then it was dof and rain trying to get the e3 presentation back. its crazy how toned down it feels compared to other two and somehow better less try hard. its not bad at all. lowkey deserves a remaster just to get the e3 vibes lol
rain code, i was having an itch for games like danganronpa. weeb artstyle but it looks cool and i love crime/detective solving. so far a worthy spiritual successor.
ghost of tsushima 3rd playthrough i try to manage 2-4 hrs i just think its a masterfully crafted game that motivates me to be a gamedev and when ever i feel like giving up i just reconfirm my goal playing it. its a motivator for some reason. the models are low-mid poly, it has basic systems that flow with the world everything has so much care it doesn't over complicate itself despite some design choices feeling archaic. i just love that damn game.

• Informative
Reactions: DarkLordOtaku

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
metaphor p5r took me 100hrs. so i hope i can manage this one but so far its amazing what you go through in the span of the first 3 hrs to 11 hrs. and somehow i ended up thinking of replaying
watch dogs (with mods). i remember it being one the first few games i modded on pc back then it was dof and rain trying to get the e3 presentation back. its crazy how toned down it feels compared to other two and somehow better less try hard. its not bad at all. lowkey deserves a remaster just to get the e3 vibes lol
rain code, i was having an itch for games like danganronpa. weeb artstyle but it looks cool and i love crime/detective solving. so far a worthy spiritual successor.
ghost of tsushima 3rd playthrough i try to manage 2-4 hrs i just think its a masterfully crafted game that motivates me to be a gamedev and when ever i feel like giving up i just reconfirm my goal playing it. its a motivator for some reason. the models are low-mid poly, it has basic systems that flow with the world everything has so much care it doesn't over complicate itself despite some design choices feeling archaic. i just love that damn game.
How are you liking Metaphor?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
50 hours into Metaphor... this is one of the best stories ever told in a JRPG hands down. Monolith Soft tier storytelling.

we really got the holy grail of video osts in 2024 with Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Stellar Blade, Astro Bot, and now Metaphor. Couldn't tell you which is my favorite, all unique and goated as hell.

catchew

8 Jun 2023
How are you liking Metaphor?
it feels extravagant. pure in its tradition as a persona game, the moments are fun, specially when you see the landrunner for the first time and meet neuras. the goal and motivation makes the story progression find its ways. kind of surprises me how adventurous it feels. i love it how it keeps unfolding. it can be at times much harder than persona when it comes to elemental attacks. some characters had their visual language. but its also gives you space. you can change archetypes/abilities but you can also inherit some to your fav archetype. just keep mp in mind.. if it gets too hard you can revive in easier settings. if youre not rushing just play on normal. i do keep changing difficulty settings im not ashamed. but im loving it.

sometimes its the best looking atlus game, you find the recycled animations. like that one with leg stomp and hand sway gesture when you see them arguing/angry, some familiar reworked sounds. it is their biggest game for sure. and i love the emphasis of the world design. plus its good for those who wont try persona due to playing as a student. its more neutral in its setting.