What Are You Playing Right Now?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I was gifted a PSVR headset and wanted to finally dive into Resident Evil 7, since I hadn't played it yet. Sadly, no matter the settings, moving inside the game just gets me motion sick, so I installed it on my PS5 and am now playing it that way. Managed to beat the first boss and leave the first area. I really wish I could play it in VR without getting sick...
It can take a while to get your VR legs. You can try chewing gum, having a fan blow on your face, or ginger candy... might help. But no matter what it takes some time to get used to it....just don't try to force it

Red2Radio

Icon Extra
13 Mar 2023
Germany
The best way to help with this (for some), it can take time but if you just play a little bit everyday building up to longer play times you will slowly get used to it.
It's a shame that not everyone can play VR but like i said some people can build up tolerance.
I'll give it a try. It'd be sad to miss out on such an experience, but I'm just glad that for now, I can at least play it the "old-fashioned" way.

Reactions: TubzGaming

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I was gifted a PSVR headset and wanted to finally dive into Resident Evil 7, since I hadn't played it yet. Sadly, no matter the settings, moving inside the game just gets me motion sick, so I installed it on my PS5 and am now playing it that way. Managed to beat the first boss and leave the first area. I really wish I could play it in VR without getting sick...
I finished Resi Evil on PSVR but It also made me queasy as did other games no matter how long or much I played. Thankfully PSVR2 doesnt make me queasy.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It’s training the brain, it comes over time….the sea legs

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Isn't PSVR2 better in this regard?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Isn't PSVR2 better in this regard?
Yes, for me it is. Even first time I played it I didn't get sick or queasy. With Psvr1 I felt something to diff degrees everytime I played most games.

Even though there's this bs article from some guy in Twitter saying tht the "persistence" is higher so it can make ppl sick more but I can attest thts complete bs.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Some Iron Banner in Destiny 2...

A few races in GT7, saving up for that Jaguar for the 3 legendary cars trophy.

Getting ready for RE4 on Friday, hyped!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, for me it is. Even first time I played it I didn't get sick or queasy. With Psvr1 I felt something to diff degrees everytime I played most games.

Even though there's this bs article from some guy in Twitter saying tht the "persistence" is higher so it can make ppl sick more but I can attest thts complete bs.
It's not bs, he has the evidence to back it up. But persistence doesn't affect everyone in the same way, you might simply be less impacted by motion blur.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's not bs, he has the evidence to back it up. But persistence doesn't affect everyone in the same way, you might simply be less impacted by motion blur.
A few of my friends also have PSVR2 and none of them feel the effects they felt with Psvr1 so ill take that for the concrete evidence it is. I saw his data and what not. It's bs that PSVR2 makes you more sick than the other headsets due to persistence. I'm not doubting his data on persistence but we'd hear alot more ppl talking about it and PSVR2 and that talk has been rare as opposed to when psvr1 came out and out the gate you had a gd amount saying it made them sick.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
A few of my friends also have PSVR2 and none of them feel the effects they felt with Psvr1 so ill take that for the concrete evidence it is. I saw his data and what not. It's bs that PSVR2 makes you more sick than the other headsets due to persistence. I'm not doubting his data on persistence but we'd hear alot more ppl talking about it and PSVR2 and that talk has been rare as opposed to when psvr1 came out and out the gate you had a gd amount saying it made them sick.
That's true, it's possible the persistence on psvr2 doesn't have the same effect as in other headsets due to other factors, it's clear that sony put a lot of effort into reducing avenues for vr sickness so maybe they found out that persistence isn't as big a deal if other factors are present

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's true, it's possible the persistence on psvr2 doesn't have the same effect as in other headsets due to other factors, it's clear that sony put a lot of effort into reducing avenues for vr sickness so maybe they found out that persistence isn't as big a deal if other factors are present
Yeah looking up studies there are a variety of things in VR that can attribute to vr sickness. Given my case I can tell you PSVR1 made me queasy most of the time, Quest 2 less so and less severe and PSVR2 Thankfully not at all. I'm sure the higher resolution has a big part to play on why I'm not getting sick in PSVR2.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Use the VR on your PS5, it will improve things a lot.

OP
OP
Explosive Zombie

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Got a platinum in the Mass effect legendary edition now playing Mass effect 2 not as sure I'll go for platinum because some of the combat trophies are annoying.

Also playing Oblivion on Xbox One. I never really got in depth in this game back in the day

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Got a platinum in the Mass effect legendary edition now playing Mass effect 2 not as sure I'll go for platinum because some of the combat trophies are annoying.

Also playing Oblivion on Xbox One. I never really got in depth in this game back in the day
Never got into Mass Effect (idk why) but I've always been intrigued abd tempted to play them.

Congrats on the plat.