What do you want from the next PlayStation CEO?

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I don't really know, don't follow these execs that closeley to say who would be a good.

But one thing i hope they do is go for a safe option and not someone completely new, or doesn't understand gaming especially in regards to what makes ps a success.

Too risky to bring in someone who could uproot everything.
I just want someone who's more in tune with what Playstation's core fanbase wants. Cater to us for once rather than people outside the community who wouldn't care if the platform died tomorrow.
Thanks for the response and I agree with you both, but I said “what” not “who”. What changes would you guys like to see

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I thought @Bryank75 put it well in the other thread. Just a CEO that invests in PlayStation. Not PC ports, not GaaS chasing, not kicking up subs and milking gamers for all they’re worth.

I don’t have any strong feelings about Jim Ryan, but he did quite a bit of stuff that rubbed me the wrong way, as well as good stuff. I like a lot from this era.

I just want to see a guy that is 100% Pro-PlayStation and invested in the things that gamers love, and how to make those things have maximum appeal for maximum sales.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Peter Moore.
He probably wouldn’t be so bad honestly

• Greater focus on RPGs (Western and Japanese).
  • Ports of PS1 and PS2 classics.
  • Acquisition of companies such as Square, SEGA, Fromsoft (if possible).
  • Cancel PC ports.
  • Better release schedule of 1st party AAA games.
  • Purchase neglected IPs where possible to bolster catalogue.
  • I don't mind some GAAS since of all companies Sony is the only one I could expect to implement one well and support it, but don't overdo it.
  • Bloodborne 2 and Bloodborne 1 PS5 version.
Out of left field want:
  • Vita 2.
Great ideas, I only disagree with a Vita 2. Things like the Switch, Steam Deck, Ally, etc have made gamers accustomed to playing AAA games on the go. Dedicating studios to making specifically handheld titles like PSP/DS/Vita is a thing of the past. And they already have PSVR, anymore devices would spread them too thin

Reactions: Shmunter

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I’d like for them to announce their leaving the industry with this new ceo

perhaps they can produce a more Japan focus on their games im not sure why we wouldn’t want a pc port though I’d like for that to continue

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Well what I actually mean is perhaps they can produce a more Japan focus on their games
To be fair Japan-esque games has not sold well anymore, at least in 2/3 PS main market.

It is not the 2000s anymore.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
He probably wouldn’t be so bad honestly

Great ideas, I only disagree with a Vita 2. Things like the Switch, Steam Deck, Ally, etc have made gamers accustomed to playing AAA games on the go. Dedicating studios to making specifically handheld titles like PSP/DS/Vita is a thing of the past. And they already have PSVR, anymore devices would spread them too thin
I agree I don't think they ever would make one, I just quite like the Vita. However I have streamed PS5 to my Steam Deck and it works well, so in lieu of PC ports I don't think it would be a bad idea to work on optimising this process for multi device owners. More about leveraging existing devices to work with your platform than as an competing platform.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Keep the PC ports coming but focus on legacy titles and japanese ones.
Bloodborne ps5/PC remaster.
Bring old god of war games back as they are de facto "cancelled"
Focus on legacy IP. Big scale syphon filter remake.
Free online. Not that impacts me, but it's fair.
I want Sony not to do any of this guy’s recommendations except for Legacy IP and Bloodborne PS5. Cheers guys

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bring back headquarters to Japan

Get Square Enix

Stop with the useless PC ports

Built more first party studios

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
To be fair Japan-esque games has not sold well anymore, at least in 2/3 PS main market.

didn’t Tsushima sell well? But some anime game yeah I’d agree. Anime is fun to Watch but there’s too much trash for one to shift through.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
didn’t Tsushima sell well? But some anime game yeah I’d agree. Anime is fun to Watch but there’s too much trash for one to shift through.
It is a cinematic slog according to some people.

But if you like that, Sony has some game like that, took place in much later though, game that made by teamninja.

Also bring back horror games, for obvious reasons

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Disagree, genshin, fgo, honkai starrail are some of the biggest games on the planet and they are jp style games. But the writing is way better, and jp devs have real problems putting out modern titles

Reactions: Snes nes

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Can we get some cute girls in Sony games from now on too while I'm asking for changes? Just remembered what Aloy looks like.

GIF by Giphy QA

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Disagree, genshin, fgo, honkai starrail are some of the biggest games on the planet and they are jp style games. But the writing is way better, and jp devs have real problems putting out modern titles
Gambling games

Fuck em

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Can we get some cute girls in Sony games from now on too while I'm asking for changes? Just remembered what Aloy looks like.

GIF by Giphy QA
Aloy gets too much hate, 7/10 isn't ugly. Wouldn't mind more girls like Elena though. And it's ok for women to have breasts too

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
FF14 then
So what you saying, Sony should made more f2p or subcription gaas garbade that "anime style" , on PS of course since they already have on in mobile.

Nah. I will pass. Honestly I would want that 1990-2000s Namco esque back to video games,

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023

their made by Chinese devs though. I don’t think capcom is having much difficulty if I’m remembering right.
It is a cinematic slog according to some people.

But if you like that, Sony has some game like that, took place in much later though, game that made by teamninja.

Also bring back horror games, for obvious reasons

Team Ninja games sound better like ninja garden and other games that are fun.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
their made by Chinese devs though. I don’t think capcom is having much difficulty if I’m remembering right.

Team Ninja games sound better like ninja garden and other games that are fun.
You should know that even if genshin devs are chinese they are massive weebs, the entire point of their games is to spread the anime aesthetic

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes