What do you want from the next PlayStation CEO?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Japan studio went away because it was not profitable and it was dysfunctional. It’s gone all they could salvage was team asobi. Japan studio didn’t make triple A games they were double A at best and the games barely sold even in Japan. Sony isn’t going down that road again. They will probably buy some Japanese devs but it won’t be to have them making the type of games Japan studio made. It will be high production quality more western type games.
Sure, but there's enough game dev talent in Japan to build a new Japan Studio. It doesn't have to be the same people from before.

Also people shitting on the relevance of japanese games. idc, they're relevant to me. who cares if the cod crowd doesn't like weeb shit, i do, and if PS wants to keep me as a customer they gotta cater to not just the cod crowd

Reactions: Airbus

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
AKA a friend, a gamer just like Phil Spencer right? Lol “He’s a gamer just like me man” 😂

No, we want fan events (PSX) and better merchandise, accessories, more communication about what we can look forward to.

Even Nintendo the most hands-off platform holder had a big fan event this month.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and JAHGamer

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Fire/demote Hermen Hulst and hire Shuhei (if he still wants the position), Hermen can go back to Guerilla if he wants.
- Cancel all the live service games in development (except Factions 2)

Are you fucking nuts? Why cancel games? You already thinking like Phil Spencer who said back then cancelation of games is good for gamers

Shutdown Nixxes or make them into a remaster studio

Really? You want to see people working at Nixxes pissed? What the hell is wrong with you?

Cancel PS Plus Premium, PS Plus Extra, and make ONLINE FREE

That won't happen.
Sell Bungie (yuck)

Damn. Glad that gamers don't run businesses.
Cancel all PC Ports, bring back "Only on PlayStation

PC releases years after is just extra money

The rest of you post.... LOL.

Anyway, better investment in Japan

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
-Focus on PS console (No more PC ports)
-Backwards compatibility

-Bring back Japan Studios and focus on Japanese games/Market
-Bring back the smaller games of early PS4 and before (PS3/PS2/PS1)
-Improve 3rd party exclusive deals like before
-Acquire some actual popular studios and IPs now that MS and others are buying like there is no tomorrow
-Expand Playstation studios more. More games from the teams

-Create games in more genres. Carry on making AAA single player story games. But lets see some 1st person games, more racers, WRPG, JRPG and multiplayer games ( yes that includes online, gaas )

- And no more small shows. Do your one big show of the year like E3 days

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sure, but there's enough game dev talent in Japan to build a new Japan Studio. It doesn't have to be the same people from before.

Also people shitting on the relevance of japanese games. idc, they're relevant to me. who cares if the cod crowd doesn't like weeb shit, i do, and if PS wants to keep me as a customer they gotta cater to not just the cod crowd

I'm sure Sony really wants to forgo billions of dollars to cater to you and the 12 others that actually buy the weeb games

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
I'm sure Sony really wants to forgo billions of dollars to cater to you and the 12 others that actually buy the weeb games
Weeb japanese games that sold millions like final fantasy, resident evil, gran turismo, dark souls, street fighter, ace combat, silent hill, soul calibur, nier, sekiro, metal gear solid, tekken, sonic, devil may cry etc

Nice xenophobic comments

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Weeb japanese games that sold millions like final fantasy, resident evil, gran turismo, dark souls, street fighter, ace combat, silent hill, soul calibur, nier, sekiro, metal gear solid, tekken, sonic, devil may cry etc

Nice xenophobic comments

In what world are any of those games weeb besides Nier?

Weeb games are anime garbage like Hyper dimension neptunia,YS,Granblue fantasia and etc.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
In what world are any of those games weeb besides Nier?

Weeb games are anime garbage like Hyper dimension neptunia,YS,Granblue fantasia and etc.

Nier, Gravity Rush and Persona etc… you are correct. They should be catered to fine with Kingdom Hearts and FF7part2.

No one wants more of that and it’s already proven to be bad business for Sony. (I’m very much down for more persona and that spin off personally but that’s neither here nor there — these are niche).

They will probably triple down on their current strategy. It’s not like these execs make moves outside the behest of a board with its own particular requests.

As far as we know Jim Ryan has retired and the direction the company is going in will continue.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
  • Stop porting non-live service games;
  • Ensure each of the "main" studios has the necessary capacity to develop at least 2 IPs concurrently
  • Live service games to still be day 1 on PC, however do not have any of the "main" studios develop these games. They should be developed by dedicated studios exclusively
  • Acquire studios to create mobile spin-offs for their main IP
I'd basically re-organise PS Studios the following way:
  • SIE
    • Playstation Studios - For all their main studios, developing Single Player / Local Multiplayer experiences only
    • Playstation Mobile - Dedicated group of 4 or 5 studios developing mobile spin-offs
    • Playstation Online - Dedicated group of 4 or 5 studios developing and maintaining live-service games. Focus on 2 or 3 successful offerings.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
You should know that even if genshin devs are chinese they are massive weebs, the entire point of their games is to spread the anime aesthetic

Maybe but i’m not sure how well theyll do. Without Specific details the basis for what I’m saying is that the ccp will not allow real creativity so it’s likely future games will not succeed.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
My request would be simple and yet not: Focus on making the games that make gamers happy.

That effects the mix os SP vs MP games, the quantity and release schedule of games, and the quality of those games, and how to talk about them.

Do not follow gimmics and/or ecosystem trends to try and capture revenue that way - such as subscriptions. Games drive sales and investment in an ecosystem.

Reactions: JAHGamer

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
- North American head honcho
- Get Half Life Alyx on PSVR2 by any means necessary
- Produce a handheld SteamOS machine with Playstation enhancements and Vita+PS5 aesthetics
- Day and date PC ports on all PS Studios games, primarily developed by the teams
- Revive some PS3-era brands (Killzone, Resistance, Infamous), maybe with VR
- Amazon Video original Horizon show
- PS Dreams as a multiplatform free to play Roblox competitor / game engine
- PS Plus Sub doubles up on PC, integrated with Steam w/ official emulation of back catalog

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Cool, but it doesn't take a whole lot of money to develop weeb games. A new Japan studio wouldn't prevent Sony from making its other games. Also you're forgetting that Sony already has its own weeb game (FGO) that makes it billions of dollars. Also just a reminder that weeb games make as much money in one quarter as Sony's entire 1st party.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 11.28.06.png

• Surprised
Reactions: Box