What is the first video game boss you ever faced and went like "holy shit I made it" while sweating?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wasn't really a fan of challenging games for the longest time. I still played some like DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden but they never felt that difficult to me and I didn't playing the hardest modes

Demons Souls was the first time I just had to confront that and it wasn't so much the boss but getting through 1-1 and the boss

In recent years the Valkyries in GOW, the 3 Berserkers in Ragnarok, Martyr Logius in Bloodborne (randomly one of the few I actually found frustratingly challenging) and Radagon in Elden Ring
Yeah I enjoyed the Valkyries. I lost my save data for Ragnarok so have to finish it again to get 100% :(

• sad
Reactions: Zzero

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I think it has been Emerald Weapon in Final Fantasy 7. I battled it what I remember like an infinite number of times and it was always able to one shot destroy my entire party ( repeatedly, given that usually all my party members were buffed with resurrection). I needed a good bunch of fortune and ability to finally destroy it

Reactions: KnittedKnight

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That was nes bowser in Super Mario Bros on the NES, obviously.
Mood Thank You GIF

There may have been some Atari 2600 thing that counted as a "boss" but I can't remember as I was too young and my memories of video games prior to the NES are mainly very simple bleeps and HUGE pixels.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Probably Bloodborne (my first Souls game that I completed).

In the past I also beat some super difficult final bosses, as some hidden final bosses from some old fighting games (like variations of Akuma as Mech Gouki or Shin Akuma) but I don't remember them being so thrilling.