What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
And that sucks too. So many little kids are wanting Zelda.
I found the new Zelda formula boring asf as did my son but yeah it's subjective. I rarely use my Switch and Ive had it since day one. I played it maybe a week tops, ever. My son doesn't even use his.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The argument of "Starfield has long legs" holds no water. This game won't reach anywhere near Skyrim levels. Even if it released on PS.

It's 2023. Games like Skyrim aren't as impressive as they were back then.

Also take into account that this game wasn't received nowhere near as well as Skyrim. No amount of re-releases is gonna change that.

Spider-Man is the biggest superhero in the world, when it comes to popularity. This goes beyond just video games. Even people who usually don't play are interested because the IP has a huge reach.

And then there's GP. This game will be carried by Steam. But how well do games sell there? BG3 is one of the biggest releases on PC bit will it even hit 10 million there? Doubt it. And let's add another 10 for Xbox, which will never happen, and it's still over 10 million short on the first Spider-Man.

I think people really overestimate Starfield's pull.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 782

Exactly. That's not even worthy of a thread. LOL!

Spiderman will sell more than anything this year with possibly the sole exception being ToTK.

Having said that though.. BG3 will absolutely crush every game this year in good ol' gaming goodness. That's also not even up for discussion.
TOTK isn't the only game that will top Spider-man 2 sales in this year.

Hogwarts Legacy = 15 million copies without PS4, Xbox One, or Switch versions, and is expected to sell over 20 million copies by the end of the year.
Diablo 4, COD MW3, EA FC 2024, and Super Mario Bros. Wonder = 15-20 million copies as well

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
TOTK isn't the only game that will top Spider-man 2 sales in this year.

Hogwarts Legacy = 15 million copies without PS4, Xbox One, or Switch versions, and is expected to sell over 20 million copies by the end of the year.
Diablo 4, COD MW3, EA FC 2024, and Super Mario Bros. Wonder = 15-20 million copies as well
diablo 4 nor fc will reach 15m. over the lifetime maybe, but not this year

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The only game you can compare to spider-man 2 1:1 is ToTK since they are regulated to a single platform, and yes zelda will clear SM2 probably twice over.

But otherwise no other single platform game will be bigger

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No way it will do 50 Million.
Lol yeah tht number is crazy. Highest selling Ps5/4 exclusives can do around 25 million which was the case with Horizon Zero Dawn being on PS4 and playable on PS5/PC. Spiderman 2 will not have that advantage but I still think it can pull good numbers but 50, even 30 million is hyperbolic amd wishful. Ps5 only has a little over 40 Million install base. Lifetime I'm sure it can reach maybe 30 mil but we shall see.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Nintendo's systems have been like that since the N64 days, somehow it works.
Most Nintendo systems post-SNES had either fuck all for third-party support, or such lousy ports of third-party games that there wasn't anything decent aside from Nintendo's first-party games.

And the N64 only had 5-10 games a year at all, so the attach rates were massive, even for utter shit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Lol yeah tht number is crazy. Highest selling Ps5/4 exclusives can do around 25 million which was the case with Horizon Zero Dawn being cross gen. Spiderman 2 will not be cross gen but I still think it can pull good numbers but 50, even 30 million is hyperbolic amd wishful. Ps5 only has a little over 40 Million install base. Lifetime I'm sure it can reach maybe 30 mil but we shall see.

Horizon Zero Dawn is not cross gen.

Spiderman may be able to pull 30 since the original has pulled close to that.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Horizon Zero Dawn is not cross gen.

Spiderman may be able to pull 30 since the original has pulled close to that.
True but You know what I mean, it was a PS4 game, recieved a ps5 patch afterwards and could be played on both systems and on PC. Install base of PS4 is over 100,000,000. Spiderman 2 is not in thst position nor will it have such a large install base. My point stands.

Over lifetime like I said it might pull 30.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
True but You know what I mean, it was a PS4 game, recieved a ps5 patch afterwards and could be played on both systems and on PC. Install base of PS4 is over 100,000,000. Spiderman 2 is not in thst position nor will it have such a large install base. My point stands.

Ah yeah, but you have to adjust for release date. HZD released just over 3 years after the PS4 released, and Spiderman will release 3 years afte the PS5 released. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that SM2 will sell 30M copies during its lifetime.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ah yeah, but you have to adjust for release date. HZD released just over 3 years after the PS4 released, and Spiderman will release 3 years afte the PS5 released. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that SM2 will sell 30M copies during its lifetime.
Oh I know and true enough which is why I said "maybe 30". Horizons numbers btw are constituted from lifetime, PC and cross platforms so releasing after 3 years may be relevant to initial sales expectations but not lifetime as there are more systems you can play Spiderman OG on. Either way as I've mentioned I also think it can pull 30.

For reference horizon Forbidden West has moved close to 9 million since it's release a year and a half ago, Horizon Dawn is over 20 million because of the point I made being accessible on multiple systems and obviously because it's been out way longer.

We agree to 30 mil lol We shall keep our eyes glued to the numbers 🔥