What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No one gives a &uck about Starfield being on Gamepass so let's bury that excuse right now especially after the lying hats at Microsoft stated that Gamepass actually leads to more sales 🤣🤣 Something we all knew was bs. Now you have to live with it. Whether Starfield was on GP or not it was going to get decimated in sales by Spiderman. Before gamepass was even a thing Sony games were trouncing on Xbox both in hardware and software sales to the point Microsoft stopped sharing numbers.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There are no sales when a game is day one gamepass.

The comparison is retarded and invalid.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We are not going to use the number of players as a measurement stick.
Seriously. No moving of goalposts especially after the heads mentioned GP being good for sales foh. In reality doesnt matter if they gave the game out for free it won't be close to Spiderman 😊

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There are no sales when a game is day one gamepass.

The comparison is retarded and invalid.

The comparison is very valid. On the one hand, you having a single platform game that is one of the markee franchises from PS. On the other hand, you have a new IP by one of the most well known developers, whose games sell consistently over 10M copies. Starfield has been hyped to all hell as the best thing since the wheel, suffices to say that sales comparisons are in order, especially since MS removed the biggest platform from the list of platforms the game is releasing for (Playstation)

Microsoft created a problem called Gamepass, that devalues gaming as a whole and cannibalizes sales. That's their problem.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The unit sales model is not valid for Starfield when the vast majority will play the game thru subscription service on both console and pc.

It is not a valid comparison. No kidding spider-man will sell more. You actually have to buy it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The unit sales model is not valid for Starfield when the vast majority will play the game thru subscription service on both console and pc.

It is not a valid comparison. No kidding spider-man will sell more. You actually have to buy it.
it is valid. just because m$ fucked up, doesn't mean that others should for comparisons reason. success measured by Sold, so Sold we measure.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Microsoft has changed the way they do business. Their primary distribution method is gamepass. Sales are not a valid metric for their software anymore.

Success is also not measured by sales. Fortnite is the most succesful game in the world. It’s sold zero units. So then is revenue not more accurate than sales?

Even then it’ll be difficult to pinpoint Starfield making any revenue since it’s being distributed at a rental fee cost and hemorrhaging money. I think the only good measure will be the increase in gamepass subs and its long term playerbase.

This is not an accurate comparison and just serves as a flex where there isn’t a way to fairly compare success either game will see. Nor do feelings about gamepass being terrible for the industry matter here.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Saying a whole bunch of shit we already know and any gaming enthusiast here know (GP cannabalizes sales, when ppl have GP they don't need to buy games) The Fortnite comparison is moot as it is FTP and makes it's money off of tons of cosmetics and season passes which Starfield will not be doing. Just because a goal post is moved does not mean everyone moves along with it. Just like the "hardware sales don't matter anymore just the maus" Say that to Sony who have been consistently making more profit and revenue than Microsoft all these years in gaming because guess what??? . We shall wait for the four month GP subscriptions after release to see if the needle moved because one month won't show shit as we all know some ppl plan on getting the cheapest sub, playing for one month then probably exiting out.

Again we all know what Micro execs said about gamepass and sales :)

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Starfield is on windows gamespass as well. You will not be able to directly measure sales.

Sales is not an accurate metric in this case.

And BG3 isn’t going to do well…
Why wouldn't BG3 do good? Early access for it was great. Theirs a lot of hype for that game. It will sell over 10 million units in the first year.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Why wouldn't BG3 do good? Early access for it was great. Theirs a lot of hype for that game. It will sell over 10 million units in the first year.

I’ll be surprised/shocked if it can break 5 million in a year. Not downplaying the game, just don’t think it has a chance at blockbuster status even if fans are hyped and happy.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
I’ll be surprised/shocked if it can break 5 million in a year. Not downplaying the game, just don’t think it has a chance at blockbuster status even if fans are hyped and happy.
Their last game which brought them to fame sold over 7 million copies. Divinity Sin 2. Baldur Gate is a classic crpg ip. Baldur Gate 3 has the potential to be one of the best rpgs ever. I fully expect the game to sell incredibly well, even though top down isometric rpgs are pretty niche. If it lives up to the hype it can be game of the year. 10 million first year might be too much now that i think about, since its next gen only. i predict 5-8 million copies sold first year at least

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Their last game which brought them to fame sold over 7 million copies. Divinity Sin 2. Baldur Gate is a classic crpg ip. Baldur Gate 3 has the potential to be one of the best rpgs ever. I fully expect the game to sell incredibly well, even though top down isometric rpgs are pretty niche. If it lives up to the hype it can be game of the year. 10 million first year might be too much now that i think about, since its next gen only. i predict 5-8 million copies sold first year at least

DS2 doing 7 million lifeteam would lead to me to believe 10 million lifetime considering the constant growth in player populations gen to gen. More hardcore rpgs are also in-style now moreso than other takes on the genre so who knows.

I don’t consider this a AAA budget (which is meaningless -not the point) title so I’d expect even 2-3 million for launch year to be a success

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
DS2 doing 7 million lifeteam would lead to me to believe 10 million lifetime considering the constant growth in player populations gen to gen. More hardcore rpgs are also in-style now moreso than other takes on the genre so who knows.

I don’t consider this a AAA budget (which is meaningless -not the point) title so I’d expect even 2-3 million for launch year to be a success
BG3 is way more ambitious then DS2 in every way. The hype for BG3 is high. BG3 is 100 percent Triple A. Larian has over 400 employees now, and BG3 is a vast improvement compared to DS2. BG3 has already sold near 2 million copies, just in early access......

Reactions: Frozone and Vertigo
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Even if it rated 90 plus Starfield still wouldn't touch Spiderman but now it's a given.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Many people won't buy Starfield because will play it in Gamepass, or because since it's day one on PC they'll pirate it. And well, it isn't on PS

Spider-Man 2 will destroy it in sales, will sell 2 or 3 times more than Starfield.

Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Many people won't buy Starfield because will play it in Gamepass, or because since it's day one on PC they'll pirate it. And well, it isn't on PS

Spider-Man 2 will destroy it in sales, will sell 2 or 3 times more than Starfield.
Yes, we know.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Even if it rated 90 plus Starfield still wouldn't touch Spiderman but now it's a given.
Exactly. That's not even worthy of a thread. LOL!

Spiderman will sell more than anything this year with possibly the sole exception being ToTK.

Having said that though.. BG3 will absolutely crush every game this year in good ol' gaming goodness. That's also not even up for discussion.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Exactly. That's not even worthy of a thread. LOL!

Spiderman will sell more than anything this year with possibly the sole exception being ToTK.
Yeah Zelda is just too monstrous especially since switch is basically a first party machine with not much third party competition for game sales unlike Playstation.