When Xbox consoles stop being made, how high will PlayStation sales go?

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well, Xbox One did around like 40 to 60 million consoles, right? That’s a lot of people who wanted a high tech, stationary console, so going to Nintendo isn’t likely.
Wikipedia says 58 Million which is still less than half of what ps4 did, Numbers inflated by old folk's homes that bought it because of the kinnect lol.
Xbox players will most likelly flock to PC, i'd say about 35% to 40% will go to playstation. Nintendo is living in their own anti-consumer world, doing their own thing with their masochist fans so it doesnt affect the formulae too much.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony should be working on a worldwide trade in program to exchange Xbox Series Hardware for PSN credits. Something like $150 for a Series X and $75 for a Series S. Remove those Xbox from the market.

Wikipedia says 58 Million which is still less than half of what ps4 did, Numbers inflated by old folk's homes that bought it because of the kinnect lol.
Xbox players will most likelly flock to PC, i'd say about 35% to 40% will go to playstation. Nintendo is living in their own anti-consumer world, doing their own thing with their masochist fans so it doesnt affect the formulae too much.
The problem with the Xbox Series audience is that it's made up of a bunch of toxic scammers that don't like to pay for games. I hope that they don't end up being a bad influence for PlayStation comunity.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
200 million consoles with ps5 pro. Extra long gen due to current economic catastrophe.

DJ12

3 Feb 2024
Sony should be working on a worldwide trade in program to exchange Xbox Series Hardware for PSN credits. Something like $150 for a Series X and $75 for a Series S. Remove those Xbox from the market.
Subsidised by Microsoft.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The large portion of these console audiences are made of casuals.

And as much as PC gamers love thumping their chest, no these casuals are not building a gaming rig when they can play their yearly sports/cod/GAAS games perfectly fine on a console. Alot people don't even want desktop pcs in their homes.

I have no idea what the total xbox console audience is right now.

But lets just take that xbox console sales of 50+ million of last gen(i doubt they reach that this gen) but i say sony possibly gets a good 30-40 million of that audience.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Xbox didn't sell that well to begin with. I don't think Xbox getting out of the console game is going to lead to skyrocketing PS sales.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
12/15 M tops assuming it ends up selling 35/40M. Many ps owners had Xbox as secondary consoles for exclusives or game pass. Specially since series S was cheap.

Also I wouldn't assume that those users won't migrate in part to Nintendo PC as well. If you can play Mario, Zelda, pokemon, smash, animal crossing halo, gears, forza, Doom and more on the go with DLSS3... seems like the more tempting option.

If Nintendo wasn't that cheap with HW they would dominate the console industry. Their IP were always better than Sony bar GT and the From Software collabs.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: FatKaz

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Also pretty arrogant to assume that those users won't migrate to Nintendo or PC instead.
Oh i'm sure some will head to nintendo and pc, hence why i left 10-20 million for nintendo and pc.

But casuals on mass aren't moving over to PC lmao. Sony will get the lion share of that audience as the audience for playstation and xbox intersect.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
12/15 M tops assuming it ends up selling 35/40M. Many ps owners had Xbox as secondary consoles for exclusives or game pass. Specially since series S was cheap.

Also I wouldn't assume that those users won't migrate in part to Nintendo PC as well. If you can play Mario, Zelda, pokemon, smash, animal crossing halo, gears, forza, Doom and more on the go with DLSS3... seems like the more tempting option.

If Nintendo wasn't that cheap with HW they would dominate the console industry. Their IP were always better than Sony bar GT and the From Software collabs.
“Their IP were always better than Sony” With the exception of Zelda and Metroid. Sure, if you’re 8 years old. Lol

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
XB hw discontinuation by march this year. PS5 sales wont go higher than 125 million. Seems to be the soft cap for home consoles.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
The only thing that worries me about Xbox leaving the market is Sony increasing the price of playstation plus or doing other kind of scummy things for lack of competition.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The only thing that worries me about Xbox leaving the market is Sony increasing the price of playstation plus or doing other kind of scummy things for lack of competition.

I mean...they were doing that now already. Without Xbox it's basically Sony in a perpetual 2005 - 2008 mode.

Unless Nintendo decides to enter the power game again, that would be interesting. Almost like Genesis vs SNES part 2. 2 japanese companies with similar user bases. One with more """""""mature""""""" games and the other with more gameplay oriented.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I can guarantee you no old folks were buying an Xbox One for Kinect lol. I will agree the final sell through is probably below 58 million though which is different from their sell in. The hardcore gamers and few casuals will go to Playstation eventually. Anyone who is gonna switch to PC is already gaming on PC alongside their Xbox.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

The problem with the Xbox Series audience is that it's made up of a bunch of toxic scammers that don't like to pay for games. I hope that they don't end up being a bad influence for PlayStation comunity.
Why do that when Gamestop and other gameshops will do this for them when the time comes. Gamestop has been actively doing this since the PS4 PRO as well

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why do that when Gamestop and other gameshops will do this for them when the time comes. Gamestop has been actively doing this since the PS4 PRO as well
Does Gamestop destroy the consoles? The point is to completely obliterate Xbox, so that they have no way to stick around half-dead.

Imagine how awesome a $1000 PS5 would be, I wish the PS5 Pro was at that range, something truly premium.

Last edited:

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Does Gamestop destroy the consoles? The point is to completely obliterate Xbox, so that they have no way to stick around half-dead.

Imagine how awesome a $1000 PS5 would be, I wish the PS5 Pro was at that range, something truly premium.
WE LIVE IN BRAZIL, EVERY PS5 IS A $1000 PS5
Honestly tho, I think that the ps5 Pro really should be more than just a mid gen refresh, give me something that can undoubtedly run everything at 4k 60fps without a hint of stuttering.

• fire

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
WE LIVE IN BRAZIL, EVERY PS5 IS A $1000 PS5
Honestly tho, I think that the ps5 Pro really should be more than just a mid gen refresh, give me something that can undoubtedly run everything at 4k 60fps without a hint of stuttering.

Damn, and I thought that $800 in Argentina was bad.